• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Please Take a Moment on Memorial Day...

AlabamaJack

eXtreme
and think of those that have served and fallen in their duty to protect the US and give us the right to live in freedom...

Thanks to all that have served and/or those that are serving in the military....

Thank You And Thank You for your service to OUR country, the Home of the Brave, and Home of the FREE. I have my flag on my front porch displayed in Honor, flying PROUD.

Watched the wreath laying at the The Tomb of the Unknown this morning, Also I learned today that they exhumed one of the unknowns years back after a DNA match was done. That's one hell of a dedication, those guys march back an forth in all weather. Happy Memorial Day all..........

A special thanks to our military members, and to those past and present for their service, and to the fallen heroes.

I completely agree and send my humble thanks to all who serve(d), past and present, and for those who gave the ultimate sacrifice thanks just doesn't seem like enough! the Lee Greenwood song "Proud to be an American" still chokes me up every time I hear it!

DickT said:
One of the requirements of the soldiers protecting the tomb is a 34 waistline. NO FATTIES

You also can never curse or drink for the rest of your life once you become a tomb guard.

Do not waste this day mourning the departed, instead celebrate the brave actions and dedication of our heroes. Exercise the rights that they fought, fight and will continue to fight for. Every day these men and women put themselves between us and danger. Yes, honor the fallen but always respect and support the living.

To all who serve their country, thank you.

Back