• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Post Your Ride

danorth said:
I wanted a '69 as well, 428 CJ actually. This was 1992. Could get a fully restored one for $14K-$17K at the time. But I was just a 16 yr old and that was too much. Got this instead for $5800 and now have about $35K wrapped up in this thing.....while that 428 is now worth $60K! Oh well.
My friends brother has a 70 mach with a 428 CJ rarely see's the road if ever very cool car love them as well. I would give my right nut to get that car back

My current mode of transportation to the bottle shop and KFC

car3_zps3b5721cf.jpg

car6_zps38f77825.jpg

car5_zps72cba7a7.jpg

78 cj7 300 hp AMC 360 turbo 400 trans with B&M shifter Dana 44 f & R 4:56 Detroit's,dana300 t- case 4:1 and twin sticks, RS 9000 Rancho 5 1/2 inch lift, Tom woods drive shafts,revolver shackles , 33 inch BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAINS,full cage, front and rear from international harvester, Corbeu racing seats, had it since I was 16, she's my baby! Will post some pics.

TrueNorthReptiles said:

That is about what it costs me to fill up my Spark. I have just over an 8 gallon tank. What kind of mileage are you getting in your Rio?

Don't know why I didn't see this before, but now that I've had my Rio for a while, I've been getting about 27-28 on the side-roads, and 32-34 on the highway.

SadisticPeppers said:
Don't know why I didn't see this before, but now that I've had my Rio for a while, I've been getting about 27-28 on the side-roads, and 32-34 on the highway.
Not bad. I know when we move back to Wyoming we are going to upgrade. That Spark is a PITA when dealing with a car seat. No room in the back. Gas mileage could be better given my performance. I have a whopping 84hp and I average 33.1 mpg in town and on back roads. Low 40's on the interstate. Once we have the funds we will most likely be getting a new Honda CR-V. Not my favorite asthetically, but it has plenty of room, 4WD, decent gas mileage, excellent safety and Hondas run for freakin' ever!

78 cj7 300 hp AMC 360 turbo 400 trans with B&M shifter Dana 44 f & R 4:56 Detroit's,dana300 t- case 4:1 and twin sticks, RS 9000 Rancho 5 1/2 inch lift, Tom woods drive shafts,revolver shackles , 33 inch BF GOODRICH MUD TERRAINS,full cage, front and rear from international harvester, Corbeu racing seats, had it since I was 16, she's my baby! Will post some pics.

"A pic's worth a thousands words" and all ...

I have no idea what *that* looks like ;)

Pics
25iox21.jpg
n1qnue.jpg
9gc4us.jpg

IN THE PROCESS of redoing the interior and exterior metal cloak body armour and rhino lining the tub, ,top is being done as well. Having head's done and new cam and lifter package. From Crower

drive-by-wire? =)

sicman said:
Man, nobody gonna want to steal that :rofl:  :rofl:
You'd be surprised!! Have had two cj7 stolen already. Lots of cash tied up in the mechanical aspects of the jeep. Almost want to leave the body as is. Good theft deterrent. :) Guy's who know jeeps would see past the few body issues. This is built for guy's that use them for hardcore 4 wheeling not for going to the mall Francis! :)

oldsalty said:
You'd be surprised!! Have had two cj7 stolen already. Lots of cash tied up in the mechanical aspects of the jeep. Almost want to leave the body as is. Good theft deterrent. :) Guy's who know jeeps would see past the few body issues. This is built for guy's that use them for hardcore 4 wheeling not for going to the mall Francis! :)
Oh.man im just ribbing you being funny. I know what that jeep is all about. 90 percent of what i say is just being funny the other ten is a black out drunk. This would be the 90 :rofl:

sicman said:
Oh.man im just ribbing you being funny. I know what that jeep is all about. 90 percent of what i say is just being funny the other ten is a black out drunk. This would be the 90 :rofl:
It's all good sicman !!!! Just busting ball's back at ya!! :) :) :)
Now if y'all we excuse me gonna go cry alone!

This was my daily driver 1 1/2 years until she started having some issues. This thing got like 40mpg and I never worried about gas prices. There she sits at my buddys shop until he gets around to looking under the hood. This car here is a real chick magnet but don't tell my Wife she thinks its horrid. One day we were going to dinner and she refused to get in the car with me. She got in her car and said she would meet me up there, I said "BS I'm not going if we don't take this car". So after 10 min of waiting to see who gave first, she finally got in the car talking shit. When we arrived at the restaurant, I decided to pull up in front where everybody was outside eating on the patio, tooting my horn Beep! Beep! She was so embarrassed. :lol:  Smiles for miles in this car. I wanna get it fixed soon, probably gonna need a new motor.
2014-11-28_17.04.51_zpswuyewejf.jpg

Back