Posting Picture Tutorial

^
You actually don't need all those steps.

You can find the image, right click your mouse to "Copy image", and "Paste" in thp editor.  ;)

Watch this....
aXxBIXM.jpg

I don't often have difficulty figuring things out, especially computer stuff. But I just had to search the forum to learn how to upload images (this topic wasn't even a result; it was this post that got me here) so perhaps this topic should have more visibility. What do you think?

For example pinned and moved to the Suggestions and Support subforum. Or linked to, either from a new pinned "FAQ" topic in Suggestions and Support, or from the Site Rules as new members will might be reading that.

.......FAQ being in quotations because I don't have any direct evidence of this being a frequent question  :doh: Maybe I'm just losing my smarts

Charmeleon said:
I don't often have difficulty figuring things out, especially computer stuff. But I just had to search the forum to learn how to upload images (this topic wasn't even a result; it was this post that got me here) so perhaps this topic should have more visibility. What do you think?

For example pinned and moved to the Suggestions and Support subforum. Or linked to, either from a new pinned "FAQ" topic in Suggestions and Support, or from the Site Rules as new members will might be reading that.

.......FAQ being in quotations because I don't have any direct evidence of this being a frequent question  :doh: Maybe I'm just losing my smarts

Hey Charmeleon, how's it going in your neck of Taxachusetts?

Are you having issues posting from a phone or computer? Along with this thread an older one (Pre-phone posting era.) that you can review at.>Posting Pictures...

I have read that there is a limit on pix uploading to THP via phone, both size and number, noted here.>Picture Format Restrictions/Requirements?

So a new post on STEAK!!-Pg. 102 resurfaced this post & issue...

Elpicante said:
OK Kcho, let's try this again.This only has to do with pix you have stored @ PostImages-dot-Org

It is easy to figure out the mini-pic because you posted i... https://i.postimg.cc/qhnc6jrx/image.jpg will produce

image.jpg

After some trial & error I was able to get the URL  the above picture is attached to in full size.....

image.jpg

That URL produces the below image....

ElPiquente_Orignal1c.jpg

So you'll note the lower arrow points to Download original image and below that is the pic size in pixels...

I don't know if you're posting from a phone - MacBook Tablet- or whatever. I'm using a HP laptop running DOS 10 and this is the way I do it using my equipment.

1. Go to the PostImage website where you uploaded your pix
2. Find the one as  above and Right click on it.
3. In the menu that opens Left click on Copy image
4. In the post with the cursor flashing where you want tie pic to appear - Left click then Right click on Paste in the menu that opens.

rick_bender said:
Tried to upload the picture as it was explained to me but didn't work ("you are not allowed to use that image extension on this community.")

When you see bolded phrase above that means the JPG/JPEG  extension is missing. Follow the yellow brick road below.

You'll note there is no jpg extension in your post.

07.01.20_.jpg1a.jpg

Nor at this pic on IMGUR.

07.01.20_.jpg1.jpg

But if we left click on the oic then right click on Open image in a new tab -Voila

07.01.20_.jpg3a.jpg

07.01.20_.jpg4.jpg

And you know how to Paste this image, right?

Back