• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Posting Pictures...

One thing I have noticed about this forum, and I do not know if it is my confuser or what, (newer laptop, IE8, Win 7) is I get a lot of "red X's" where a photo that was posted in threads is supposed to be. Some are due to bad or deleted web addresses that the IMG code is linked to, but others are OK, I have to right click on the "X" and select "show picture" to get the image to show up. I have run across a few that were coded right, (had img and /img in the right kind of brackets) had a good web address for the image (right click on "X", select properties, copy/paste web address onto new browser window, image/web page came up) but would not show up on thread even when I did the show picture thing. I am familiar with BB code, several years activity on many other forums. I authored a BB code how to thread on one forum because the members there had no idea how I was adding non standard smilies, code boxes, fonts, colors, etc. This is that post:

http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/2036-inserting-images-and-other-things/

This has me befuddled, any ideas?

RS67Man said:
One thing I have noticed about this forum, and I do not know if it is my confuser or what, (newer laptop, IE8, Win 7) is I get a lot of "red X's" where a photo that was posted in threads is supposed to be. Some are due to bad or deleted web addresses that the IMG code is linked to, but others are OK, I have to right click on the "X" and select "show picture" to get the image to show up. I have run across a few that were coded right, (had img and /img in the right kind of brackets) had a good web address for the image (right click on "X", select properties, copy/paste web address onto new browser window, image/web page came up) but would not show up on thread even when I did the show picture thing. I am familiar with BB code, several years activity on many other forums. I authored a BB code how to thread on one forum because the members there had no idea how I was adding non standard smilies, code boxes, fonts, colors, etc. This is that post:

http://www.revkites.com/forum/topic/2036-inserting-images-and-other-things/

This has me befuddled, any ideas?

I've had the same problem the last few days, never before.

5133329037_c8af2b5739_m.jpg

Testing: Well it did work ..Thanx everyone for the help....

How do you load a spreadsheet?

I assume your spreadsheet is maybe your grow list? I don't think you can actually post files in here..of any type. What I originally did with my spreadsheet was used a free program called Greenshot. It's a cool screen capture tool. Outline the area of your spreadsheet you want, make it into a picture and then follow procedures for posting pictures.

You can use Paint tah make ur list and post it here, PhotoBucket has some cool features convert the spreadsheet file to a gif or jpeg?

While my directions may be a bit rough around the edges, the guide is basically all there. If you have any suggestions or comments let me know. I am sure there are spelling and grammar mistakes but I am too lazy to go back through it at the moment.
thanks so much for the help , I am trying to post pictures of some white Jalapenos that grew in my garden this summer.

Thank's Josh,You F'in nailed what I was trying to figure out.This forum stuff is new to me.Now pic's may actually follow.Thank's again

Thanks Josh - very helpful.

Paul

No problem. I am glad it was helpful. If I wasn't a lazy bum I would update this thread.

Sorry to everyone for not replying to the thank yous. I do really appreciate it.

I was wondering if anyone else has had problems loading a profile picture?

I've been able to host and post images within posts, but I get an endless stream of errors whenever I try to upload one as my profile pic or avatar.

I've tried uploading from my computer, a wheel turns then it tells me "failed to set a new picture" in a red bar. If I try to link from photobucket, a little green bar apears at the top of the screen, flashes a few times, and then the red bar appears but with nothing written inside it. I've tried both Chrome and IE, and tried a standard photo taken from my phone as well as shrinking it to a smaller size, both .jpg ...any ideas?

Back