• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Potawie's early progress 2009

Overwintered

Potawie,

You had some amazing plants last year that where on there second if not third year looking forward to following the progress on these plants this year. I'm sure, you will have some monsters!!!

FiveSix said:
That thing looks awesome. what's the temperature in that pic?
It got between 10C and 30C but it was around 25C when the pic was taken

Hotpeppa said:
very cool... no wonder you get monster peppers..

look at that greenhouse !

that thing must help out with the growth of your plants...

i need to invest in one or make one... looks really good dude..

The big greenhouse doesn't really help much with bigger or better plants since I previously used smaller greenhouses and/or coldframes but it gives me room to grow a lot more while also creating a lot of new problems and expenses

peppermo said:
Potawie,
You had some amazing plants last year that where on there second if not third year looking forward to following the progress on these plants this year. I'm sure, you will have some monsters!!!

Here's most of this years big plants soaking up the sun in the greenhouse for the first time
3354359030_5ebee81836.jpg

Fantastic looking plants

Potawie,
Considering your location weather and temps you have to deal you make it look deceptively easy. It was looking at pictures like these that got me started last year. Thanks

this is one of your photos P,

can you tell me what the pepper in the middle to the left side is ?

its the longer one that has shades of i think black and red...

2840309990_f3779eb4fd.jpg

Hotpeppa said:
can you tell me what the pepper in the middle to the left side is ? its the longer one that has shades of i think black and red...

I think those are big chile hybrids

The big chile hybrid is a great mild pepper but I'm still looking for a really good and productive Ahaheim type that isn't a hybrid. They are always great when roasted and peeled and/or stuffed, and they make a great chile/chili powder

ill have to search for some myself... i wouldnt mind some good mild to medium peppers for next season...

im already bored of all the superhots... i want some different varieties with flavour and a little heat.. any good sites that i can check out for varieties?

thanks dude

I thought I'd show off this recent pic of flower clusters on my yellow 7-pot/pod plant. I've been pulling off most of my C. chinense flowers but I found a couple pods today and I'm undecided whether to yank them or not.

3382103553_6e88aa1f21.jpg

I'm more interested in growth and health than early pods right now so I might leave 1 or maybe 2 pods and keep picking flowers/pods for a while. From my experience, pods this time of year in my climate take forever to ripen and really set the plants back, especially when pest problems exist:(

Back