• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Pre-Ike Chile Garden 09-11-08 (Warning dial up users - noncompressed photos)

AlabamaJack said:
roflmao....wonder what fedex overnight would cost from Texas to New Jersey for 300 plants...hell, it would take an area 10' X 50' to get the plants in...and that would be squeezed...would have to have insurance... :lol:

earlier I said each forecast is moving it further to the east..thats a good thing...

my god children and their mother (my cousin that passed away last years wife) live in Pasadena just to the southwest of Houston and are staying at home...
Near Houston...oh wow. That's scary.

I meant to say southeast, not southwest...they are between downtown houston and the ship channel

What a wonderful yard. I love my teeny little garden...I can't even imagine what a pleasure it must be to walk around in yours. Something for me to dream about as I'm shoveling snow for the next 6 months! Good Luck with Ike, friend. Hopefully it will simply blow itself out and not cause any damage at all. It may just swing away and lose it's energy. It wouldn't be the first time.

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us.

wow what a garden! I think my wife would frown upon me turing the backyard into a pepper garden - yours doesn't mind?

Good luck with all the weather coming through this morning. Stay safe.

peter pepper said:
wow what a garden! I think my wife would frown upon me turing the backyard into a pepper garden - yours doesn't mind?

Good luck with all the weather coming through this morning. Stay safe.

I am a very lucky man PP...the wife lets me do just about anything in the yard I want as long as it doesn't look like S**T.

she actually likes the rows of peppers and the different colors of the peppers, plus she is slowly but surely turning into a major chilehead...she has tasted every pepper I have picked so far including the superhots...just touched her tongue to the stem end I cut off...

It started misting rain a few minutes ago but they have downgraded our weather to about an inch of rain and maybe 25 MPH winds...thats normal for us...

thanks for the well wishes...I am going to call my cousin in Pasadena in a little while...the eye of the storm went right over her house and about an hour ago, the south eye wall passed over her...it should be slacking off now...

Here's hoping everything is alright with your cousin's wife and her kids AJ. Have had you and everybody I know from Texas in my thoughts and prayers the past few days. Glad to hear at least you will be spared the worst of the storm. Poor Galveston Island they have been under water for a couple days and then the eye of the storm. Glad to hear all but one not so smart resident got the f#%& out. Your plants will appreciate the extra rain.

It ain't over yet bigdog...not here in Fort Worth...the eye of the system is due east of us about 130 miles and we are getting the rain bands...haven't gotten much rain yet...1/2" so far, but another rain band will be here in about 30 minutes and then another one in about 2 hours...not much wind so far...no greater than 25 MPH...

Hope it goes well for you, and glad that it has so far. Keep the spirits up and hopefully your plants will survive the wrath of the mighty Ike. That storm has caused a ton of damage so far...hopefully it will stop soon. Bless you and Yours.

BDD

it is over with...no damage to any of my plants...one turned over but I sat it back up....yipppppeeeeee...got about an inch of rain total but would you believe the sun just came out...

my cousins wife down in Pasadena has roof damage, fence down, a couple of windows out and a tiny bit of water damage inside...all are safe....

AlabamaJack said:
it is over with...no damage to any of my plants...one turned over but I sat it back up....yipppppeeeeee...got about an inch of rain total but would you believe the sun just came out...

That is good news for sure.

AlabamaJack said:
my cousins wife down in Pasadena has roof damage, fence down, a couple of windows out and a tiny bit of water damage inside...all are safe....

Even better, happy all the kids are safe. Only 2 deaths blamed on Ike in La. and Texas is pretty incredible. Saw all the damage to the high rise buildings in Houston. Glad the storm didn't mess with you too bad there AJ.

Glad you had so little effect from the storm and your cousins's wife and kiddos are fine. That's a great bit of news. I feel for all the ones who lost so much.

Back