• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

PRF October Harvests

You've gotta love etymology and our crazy use of english language...

This may shed some light on the confusion.

From Oxford English Dictionary:

pod, n

pod pepper n. rare a capsicum.
1882 R. BENTLEY Man. Bot. (ed. 4) II. iii. 607 The general name of *Pod Pepper is applied to the fruits of the species and varieties of Capsicum. 1997 Copley News Service (Nexis) 25 Aug., Paprika is a member of the capsicum (pod pepper) family, which contains peppers from the very mildest..to those fiery hot, tiny peppers that can set your tongue afire.

9. slang. Marijuana. Cf. POT n.5 Now rare.
1952 N.Y. Times 29 Apr. 25 So Diane smoked jive, pod, and tea. 1959 W. S. BURROUGHS Naked Lunch 8 A square wants to come on hip... Talks about ‘pod’, and smokes it now and then. 1979 High Times Mar. 19/1 Pod suggests seeds, buds, pollen, odors, all the multi~dimensional sensual life of the fine plant, while pot ought to remain a word for a thing you plant pod in.

So now you wanna come on hip and talk pod man :lol:

That is the first time I've ever heard someone call cannabis a pod, but what I'm talking about is the hot pepper from Trinidad & Tobago. I have received seed from TriniHottie several times and she ALWAYS labeled her seed 7 Pod, not pot. Why people would get seed from Sara and then change the name is beyond me. Calling it by any other name is just showing your ignorance of this extreme chile.:P

The only Seven I have received has been from you Cappy, and that is your Brain Strain.

From the CARDI Catalog, it appears what Hippy is selling as the 'Naga shaped' 7 is really a Scorpion, and his Yellow 7 may be some Yellow Moruga, possibly crossed as well. Seems like maybe many of the Scorpions pics I've seen are a Scorpion/Pod cross.

It's interesting to have a definitive document to reference, as I do confess, I'm very ignorant about a great many things pertaining to chilies :oops:

SanSoo said:
From the CARDI Catalog, it appears what Hippy is selling as the 'Naga shaped' 7 is really a Scorpion, and his Yellow 7 may be some Yellow Moruga, possibly crossed as well. Seems like maybe many of the Scorpions pics I've seen are a Scorpion/Pod cross.

Now I did not say anything like that Rick! Seven POD man.:crazy:

The peach is my favoite on cheese pizza. The yellow habanero is good in eggs. I've just quadrupled my dried pod count in the last few days. More powders on the way.

I agree with you, the peach is my fav too. I think all powders rock though because they are so easy to cook with and to use while at the table. Glad you're enjoying them.

So the CARDI publication says that the Scorpion is the hottest. Anybody agree with that? I cannot tell the difference.

I have not tried the ButchT Scorpion that is said to be the hottest, as my Scorpions are pretty smooth skinned so even though mine have the nice tail and look really cool I don't think I have the hottest scorpion to compare. Without a doubt the brain strain seven pod which look almost identical to those in the publication is the hottest pepper I cultivate. The point I am trying to make is that both CARDI and Sara call the cultivar Seven Pod not 7 Pot. Why change it here? Both hot as hell lots more still ripening in the backyard. Nothing below 50F ten day forecast, another big harvest coming early November.:)

Pepper Ridge Farm said:
Believe it or not it was a late nite and early morning but the sauce is done! The sauce turned out very nice using pineapple, onion, garlic, ginger, thyme, allspice, cinnamon, lemon/limes, brown sugar and molassas. Little bit of salt and just enough vinegar and strained so the sauce is smooth like baby food. Sauce making is hard work, my back and shoulders are tired.

IMG_3539.jpg
IMG_3540.jpg

Awesome!!!

I wondered how that label would be lookin' when printed out..looks bloody great if I do say so myself! :cool:

:woohoo:

Hey Quadshotz you are in good hands. The El Fuego SS was a huge hit at the birthday bash but I have 9 bottles left and one does have your name on it no question. I will get it off to you this week very sorry it took me this long. The label looks awesome but had a hard time not leaving a white border with rounded corners. Thanks again bro, the label was a huge hit. I'll slip some fresh pods in the flat rate box.:onfire:

Glad it worked out well for ya, it was a fun collaboration. :)
The Brekky I did yesterday had the last Bhut on it..heheh.

I've been squeezing the useage out of 'em bigtime.

Who knows. I know two other Trinidad natives that insisted it was 7 pot, not 7 pod and laughed at me. CARDI Purple is a brown pod, about 200k SHU. There is CARDI Red, CARDI Green and CARDI Purple.

I wouldn't completely trust CARDI's comments. I hear they are not incredibly 'accurate.' :)

We could just called Nuclear HellFire Pod (C. Chinense).

THe problem I have is Butch T's pod is surely the true Scorpion. It's obvious by shape and I know the original supplier 'smuggled' it out of Trinidad (nursery). If CARDI didn't stablize that, what does that say about their pod sourcing?

I appreciate your comments Chris and put much weight in the things you say. Maybe we will never all agree as both may be right. What about me saying the Morouga Blend could possibly be a Seven? Either my seed got mixed up or the brain strain and your morouga are very close cousins. Happy Halloween fire breathing friends, here is what is left of my plants this am. I am still ripening pods pretty quickly with the 80F weather and rain showers here this week. Be safe out there tonight.
IMG_3621.jpg

IMG_3625.jpg

If the locals can't aggree on the name, I'm just going to call it the 7 Pot Pod, which I'm guessing is the full, unshortened name anyway ;)

Colorful November harvest all picked this morning. Suppose to be the coldest night of the year this evening. This has been an absolutely incredible fall bounty of wonderful pods beyond my wildest imagination. The freezer is full, cubboards full of dried pods, canning jars all filled, and woozies everywhere. Ready to do it again next year with much fewer variety but more of my favorites in 60 days. I am thinking poppers for dinner tonight.
IMG_3641.jpg

IMG_3635.jpg

IMG_3634.jpg

IMG_3636.jpg

Back