• We welcome content that is not political, divisive, or offensive. If we feel your content leans this way or has the potential to, it may be removed at any time. A hot pepper forum is not the place for such content. Thank you for respecting the community!

Priorities

Pam said:
Did you hear that? It almost sounded like an unworthy pumpkin beer drinker speaking to me.

*haughty sniff*

pumpkin beer? talk about having priorities. my priority is to not drink that, ever.*

* i have drank it though

Pam said:
Seeing as how you're from Kentucky, yeah, we probably are.

Wow, I really don't find that funny. Let me get this right: I don't know what a "million dollar lottery nad hex" is so you are going to make fun of me? For being from Kentucky? Wow. You aren't as smart as I gave you credit for.

Don't waste the "baleful glare" on me. I really don't care what you think anymore.

The member has been sent a warning for an offensive remark. Before this escalates, let's move on. Thanks

ross said:
pumpkin beer? talk about having priorities. my priority is to not drink that, ever.*

* i have drank it though

So have I, thus my disdain. It's not a fruit though, so it doesn't fit under my "Fruit in beer is just wrong" fiat, it has its own category of scorn.

I mean, do brewers really think we want a beer that tastes like a pumpkin pie? Wouldn't one be drinking a foofoo drink complete with an umbrella if one wanted a drink that tasted like a pie?

Pam said:
So have I, thus my disdain. It's not a fruit though, so it doesn't fit under my "Fruit in beer is just wrong" fiat, it has its own category of scorn.

I mean, do brewers really think we want a beer that tastes like a pumpkin pie? Wouldn't one be drinking a foofoo drink complete with an umbrella if one wanted a drink that tasted like a pie?

i suppose that depends on what kinda pie youre talking about....

im not a fan of the pumpkin beers, no. somewhat of the DFH punkin ale, thats pretty good. but (to stay on topic) its not a priority that i drink that beer.

cheezydemon said:
Wow, I really don't find that funny. Let me get this right: I don't know what a "million dollar lottery nad hex" is so you are going to make fun of me? For being from Kentucky? Wow. You aren't as smart as I gave you credit for.

Don't waste the "baleful glare" on me. I really don't care what you think anymore.

shes from sc, she cant make fun of anyone. i guess if it offended you, then thats outa line. she can say anything about me being from nc and ill just laugh. because everyone knows that nc is way better than sc. :hell:

relax, and have a beer. or:

RAHAB

Sickmont said:
Man...just reading this thread makes me want to pack up all my shit RIGHT NOW and head on out towards Albuquerque.
My plan is to wait for my daughter to graduate h.s.(2 years), then head out to Abq, NM. Then, my plan is to go about an hour or so outside of the city(into the middle of nowhere) and purchase a large parcel of ranch land, build me a little place of my own(with a huge shop, of course), and remove myself from civilization for the most part.

HA!! Lemme know when you want to do that. My wife is in real estate and mortgages. The only thing is, we have a relatively short growing season due to our altitude. It doesn't really get warm enough to plant outside 'till after Mother's Day, but you could definitely start indoors to get a head start. The ground is sand....it was sand a thousand years ago and it will be sand a thousand years from now. Soil prep is excruciating!!!! Mushroom compost is a MUST!!! The good thing is....peppers love it here. My peppers get the size of shrubs and put out like no one's business...and I get most of my peppers from Lowe's (Bonnie Plants).

Albuquerque proper really isn't a big city. It likes to think so, but it's not.

DevilDuck said:
HA!! Lemme know when you want to do that. My wife is in real estate and mortgages. The only thing is, we have a relatively short growing season due to our altitude. It doesn't really get warm enough to plant outside 'till after Mother's Day, but you could definitely start indoors to get a head start. The ground is sand....it was sand a thousand years ago and it will be sand a thousand years from now. Soil prep is excruciating!!!! Mushroom compost is a MUST!!! The good thing is....peppers love it here. My peppers get the size of shrubs and put out like no one's business...and I get most of my peppers from Lowe's (Bonnie Plants).

Albuquerque proper really isn't a big city. It likes to think so, but it's not.

So, what part of new Mexico is really good for growing peppers? The part that makes it a legend and all. Is it just that the season is nice and hot and dry, even if it is shorter?

We have long and hot, but the humidity is enough to slice and drink.

ross said:
shes from sc, she cant make fun of anyone. i guess if it offended you, then thats outa line. she can say anything about me being from nc and ill just laugh. because everyone knows that nc is way better than sc. :lol:

relax, and have a beer. or:

RAHAB

Yeah, I lived in Raleigh for a year or so. I really liked it. Not too far from the coast, and not too far from the mountains, the best of both worlds.
In travelling I have encountered a lot of ignorant people who think that people in Kentucky don't wear shoes, wear overalls, have no teeth, etc. So I do bristle pretty easily when I encounter it. Ignorance and racism are the two biggest problems we have as a nation and I have little patience for somone who judges somone else based on how they look or where they are from.

Pam.... Hatch is where all of the green and red chiles are grown. It's about 3 hours south of here.

My peppers tend to be really slow at first, but then when you least expect it....BAM!!! Millions of peppers all at once. And sauce making begins.

cheezydemon said:
Yeah, I lived in Raleigh for a year or so. I really liked it. Not too far from the coast, and not too far from the mountains, the best of both worlds.
In travelling I have encountered a lot of ignorant people who think that people in Kentucky don't wear shoes, wear overalls, have no teeth, etc. So I do bristle pretty easily when I encounter it. Ignorance and racism are the two biggest problems we have as a nation and I have little patience for somone who judges somone else based on how they look or where they are from.

I was just in Kentucky a couple weeks ago. My best friends and his Mom live down there. VERY, VERY different culture and VERY generous people. Also, I agree. None of them are inbred, they can hold up an intelligent conversation just like any other, they have nice cars, ect. His Mom lives in a trailer, but seeing there style of life down there. They would rather have the land not the big fancy house. Everytime I go down there I literally don't want to come back. Did I also mention it's beautiful and the deerhunting is good.:lol: I to have encountered that stereotype a few times. As a matter of fact last Easter I was with my fiances aunt and she was talking about the inbred people down there. Kind of ticked me off considering she's probably never even stayed the night in that state. Then again she thought I wasn't good enough because I didn't have a "College Education". Doesn't matter that I found school so easy it bored me, I excel at fabricating, work with engineers designing building prototype cars, and I'm also a war vet. Amazing how people can be quick to judge and not even see the rest.
Now about that scene in Vermont. I like chatting on the internet, but I could honestly give it up to live like that.:lol:

rabbit said:
As a matter of fact last Easter I was with my fiances aunt and she was talking about the inbred people down there. Kind of ticked me off considering she's probably never even stayed the night in that state.

You have nailed it completely on the head in 2 sentences....especially the second one. It's just plain ignorance, that's all. I'm from New Jersey, i spend 3 years in North Carolina, and i still occasionally joke with my friends there as being "rednecks", and they still bust my stones about being a "yankee". The difference, however, is i've been there and i know what it's all about and i know these people very, very well.

Sickmont said:
You have nailed it completely on the head in 2 sentences....especially the second one. It's just plain ignorance, that's all. I'm from New Jersey, i spend 3 years in North Carolina, and i still occasionally joke with my friends there as being "rednecks", and they still bust my stones about being a "yankee". The difference, however, is i've been there and i know what it's all about and i know these people very, very well.

uh i am from NC, and there are plenty of backwards people here.

Sickmont said:
Ok, time for my token "yankee joke" reply.

"Oh yeah? Well, yank my doodle it's dandy"

haha. you should have responded with something that i have to google to find out the meaning. you are slipping.

Back