Promotion for HP22B

Status
Not open for further replies.
So you weren't 'priming the pump' when coincidentally all the record talk and media hit mainstream you happened to be the only person selling (the creatively subtle renamed Trinidad scorpion morouga blend) the 'marouga scorpion' and your option to purchase those seeds happened to be narrowed to one of the only multi packs on your site and the most expensive to boot when the previous days they were available as single packs? ?
Another question Jim where was your original source for your 'marouga scorpions' ?? And at what point did you change the name? ?
I too would be interested in these answers.

My only comment....do we ever see Judy from Pepperlover.com make any negative comments on any forum? No. Maybe that's the act to follow. Not that I care, but PepperJoe, what two 'free' packs are you giving away with each order? Judy is giving away stuff like Yellow 7 Pots, Trinidad Scorpions, etc. I wonder if that's what you are offering for free? :) Anything free is a welcome surprise, but what it is does have some merit.

Something even more exciting:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/WORLDS-AMAZON-GIANT-CARROT-5-8-LBS-25-seeds-SWEET-HARDY-E-Z-GROW-1123-B-/180781942591?_trksid=p5197.m1374&_trkparms=algo%3DPI.WATCH%26otn%3D8%26po%3DLCA%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D6594168038855603909

Chris

Does Long Slim Cayenne sound familiar Chris?

Hurry,Hurry,step right up!
See the worlds largest carrots.
All for the cost of one thin dime.... :)

In the center ring we have the Morouga Scorpion...
Hurry Hurry Step right up.

http://soundfxnow.com/tag/carnival-song/

Have your credit card ready.

So you weren't 'priming the pump' when coincidentally all the record talk and media hit mainstream you happened to be the only person selling (the creatively subtle renamed Trinidad scorpion morouga blend) the 'marouga scorpion' and your option to purchase those seeds happened to be narrowed to one of the only multi packs on your site and the most expensive to boot when the previous days they were available as single packs? ?
Another question Jim where was your original source for your 'marouga scorpions' ?? And at what point did you change the name? ?

I will be glad to answer questions. First of all I gave the CPI 4 varieties of seeds. This past season I grew out all 4 varieties in quantity. Douglah (chocolate 7 Pot), 7 Pot Jonah (7 Pot). Moruga Scorpion and Trinidad Scorpion (Butch T). I did this in anticipation of getting good numbers. Whether they got record numbers or not I knew this data would go out to the industry be it sauce and product makers or specialty produce. So in this way I would be prepared for more poularity of the superhots. Now as luck would have it my field in New Mexico for Moruga seeds grown by my friend Dave Anderson (Tough Love Chile Company) failed. It got hit with a sandstorm. So only the few plants I had at home were all I had left. So when this stuff hit the AP wire I had a choice to make. Sell out fast to people who buy multiple packs or slow things down. Yes I tried limiting to two packs on my website but people still would come back and make multiple orders. So I made a superhot combination pack. Not cheap ordinary seeds but 7 Pot Barrackapore and Sunrise Scorpion. I already admitted in previous post that I knew this would also make me more money by selling a multi pack. Not hiding this from anyone. I am a business and I am in business to make money. So its twofold. My decision slowed down sales of a seed I had limited amounts of and helped me to sell other seeds. If you actually added up the cost of these three varieties by themselves it would cost more. So sorry if I am in business to make a living but I am not being dishonest in my business practices and people have a choice to buy or not buy.

Now I regret that I am even talking about this at all because I do not want to use this forum here to promote me. However comments about my business forced me to respond so I find it hard not to talk about my business in responding. Now to answer other questions. I originally obtained my seeds from Jukka (fatalii.net) in 2009. I believe back then he called it Moruga Scorpion Blend. Knowing it is from the Trinidad and Tobago region originally I called it either Trinidad Moruga Scorpion or Moruga Scorpion. I believe Jukka does not call it blend anymore. From what Jukka tells me his source for these seeds was Christopher Phillips in 2007. I have never claimed to make this pepper. I went by the name Jukka had which changed the following year in 2010 when he stopped calling it blend. I will be out of seeds very soon and when I get quantity of seeds again the Combo option will go away. By that time E Bay etc will have hundreds of sellers with it. And to the guys comments that I am ripping off the ignorant just how am i doing that? Just because you think the pricing or multi pack option is unfair does not mean its a rip off. I do not decieve anybody. People can buy or not buy. I am not misrepresenting or hiding anything. The market and supply and demand dictates what everyone in business does. If anyone here wants anymore specific details about how I run my business or what I do with the money I earn PM me and I will give you my cell for further discussion.

Why do you call the douglah a chocolate 7 pot, it seems to be adding a lot of confusion since there are several chocolate 7 pots these days but only 1 real douglah
Were the ButchT scorpions seperated? I thought you previously said you saw no difference in several types and sent in samples most representative of a scorpion. Can you clear this up?

When I gave CPI the seeds I called them Douglah and told them it was a Chocolate version of the 7 Pot.. When they ran the DNA they found it was right next to 7 Pot so called it Chocolate 7 Pot in the study. As for Butch T Scorpions in my opinion I see no difference in them from other red Scorpions. I have grown Ronnies that he got from Sarah, also saved seed from CCN plants and Semillas. So just call them either Butch Ts or Scorpions. Herm Adams of CARDI also submitted seed for the study and as a far as CPI could tell everything looked the same when grown out.

. As for Butch T Scorpions in my opinion I see no difference in them from other red Scorpions. I have grown Ronnies that he got from Sarah, also saved seed from CCN plants and Semillas. So just call them either Butch Ts or Scorpions.

So which scorpions were tested, just a mix of what you thought were all the same. Why not DNA test them and see
Not trying to start an argument but I certainly notice differences in most of the scorpions mentioned and to be fair wouldn't it be best to test against what was known previously as the hottest?

Potawie they grew out all seeds as Trinidad Scorpions. They did genetic testing on them from various plants. And as far as I know Scorpions tested DNA as Scorpions. I can tell you this much. The 7 Pot seeds they had were Jonah and they were so close in DNA to Douglah. The Trinidad Scorpions were distant in DNA to both Douglah and Jonah. But were more closely related to Jonah and Douglah than Moruga. Moruga is it's own animal. You can say it's related to 7 Pots or Scorpions based on that it's a chinense but thats about it. They also found out that Bhut Jolokia is so far away in DNA from all the Trinidads. Bhut Jolokia is more closely related to an Orange habanero than any of the superhots from Trinidad. I know there are sometimes subtle differences in pod shape and texture but really believe that feeding, soil composition and environment can change this from season to season. I really don't want to debate either on whether Butch T is it's own strain. But when me and a few others grow out a few thousand Scorpion plants and can see no visible difference from plant to plant I have to say there all just Scorpions. As far as further superhot testing goes it will not be for awhile. There are more pressing problems for chile research to solve and the Institute and other entities have to focus on them to help farmers. Some of these are of course disease resistance, drought tolerance and salt resistance. Superhot research is such a small niche compared to other chile economy in the U.S. and other countries. One more thing I gave Dr. Marlin Bensinger two dozen Butch T seed stock plants to grow with the other 1,000 plus plants he grew in 2011. He did not do DNA but visual observance of peppers and Scoville testing showed him no difference. I asked him if he thought Butch T was different than the other Scorpions and he said no. So this is another pepper scientists opinion separate from the Institutes obseravtions. I can give you E mail for Danise Coon at CPI or Marlin if you wish to ask them yourself.

Hey Pepper Joe!
I know these guys personally! I know they got some real hot ones ha ha!!! Got some really great pepper seed last year from them.
Grew some great peppers not the super hots .

My thoughts are just that there is a reason the pepper community adopted the ButchT as a different variant. I've been growing them for several years and I find differences in appearance, flavor, and heat levels but I know there are several versions of the ButchT going around these days.

Something even more exciting:

http://www.ebay.com/...168038855603909

Chris

Yeah it's big alright but what's the SHU's?

So now we're down to a tinkling contest. I'll accept some of the blame as I was pulled into this. If I had taken the time to understand what the original post actually said I would have walked away from this thread days ago. Here's how I'm interpreting it now after some thought.

Joe has some new friends that might have a new record holder and he wanted to share it with us. Good for Joe and his new friends. I wish them the best.

Next!

I agree Potawie. How many people that share seed are really isolating. Butch may keep distances from his plants on his large property but does not truly isolate. My seeds for Butch T came from Neal THSC and Judy Pepper Lover. My other Scorpion seeds over the years came from Janie CCN, Semillas, Ronnie and a friend from Trinidad. So really by now there are many versions of Butch T now. And we traced Butch's seeds from a couple that vacationed in Trinidad so we know origin is Trinidad. I prefer calling the varieties by the name of country of origin. I think the only time a name should be made up or named after a person is when they can prove Horticulturally that they made the strain. Primo did that with crossing 7 Pot and naga Morich so he deserves to have Primo in the name.

Chileheads have always in the past used the name of the seed given and the source of the seed to keep track of different variations, selective breeding etc. ie. Scorpion-BT
The story I heard was Butch grew 1 plant that was quite different than the rest of his scorpions and he saved seeds which he has generously been trading for 6 or so years now.

HUH so my Butch Ts from Hippy are no different than my regular TSs? WTH... I do know I give away a pod to my Mechanical customers who show an interest, they always say "Thats the hottest damn thing I ever tried!!!!" This includes people from the Islands where these peppers originated. Now I want a Murouga!!!!

i have a few questions. Why does it always seem on here that its all a money making game when all of us on this forum are hobbyists? Why do we all say bad things about each other or the varieties we grow if it wasnt the world record or money buisness. Of course the butch T will not show any diffrence in the dna compared to the trinidad scorpion. If anyone remembers biology (i just got a 100 on this test (im taking 10th grade biology even though im in 9th) ) there are over 1 trillion Adenine-Thymine and Cytosine-Glyconyn (i know i might be wrong on G i always mixed that one up with glucose but you get the idea) pairs on a single strand of dna and there are about 1 billion strands of dna in a pepper. so it would take half a lifetime to read the dna of both before you would be able to find the diference between the too. Plus it costs over 1 million dollars just for the microscope to view it. Im sure NMSU has the microscope but the test costs a lot of money and to view all the genetic diferences between to things of the same species the way your speaking of i think is close to imposible. The way you see the genetic diference between two specimens would be to count how many of pairs in a specific pattern occur in a dna strand. patterns look like the following but a lot larger:
A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T
if there is a mutation then there would be a diference of this (I purposfuly made the mutation in the dna in lower case)
A-C-G-T-A-C-t-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T-A-C-G-T
these mutations are somtimes lethal the the organism but also can help the organism survive better other mutations occur with larger amounts of these pairs and are alot more common.

I know i might not be an expert but i just went over this in bio i might be wrong on a few things aswell dont quote me on this stuff but i know alot of this "dna" testing is BS and its actualy Chromosone testing

Also these strains are actualy also might be the trinidad scorpion grown to have certain traits as well, humans do the same with dogs, cats, chickens and other animals and plants. so they do deserve to have the names they are givin

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back