• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

pubescens Pubescens species?

yes those pickled/yellow/orange manzanos are nice on welsh rarbit

r.b,growing orange + canario rocatos and trying to get my hands on more very intresting pubescens,love the hair..wish i could get some
Galapagpense as the riemer ones never germinated :(

really intresting plant you got there stillmanz buddy

How does everyone support their C. pubescens plants? They seem to grow out a little wilder than other species. I've been trying to give mine lots of wind lately to strengthen it up but I'll need to stake it soon.

dont no about the weather in Canada POTAWIE its been cold mainly and very wet last couple of weeks before that we had a small hot spell,so my roccotos and others have been getting used to wind and rain,if im here i do leave them out to get used to the summer conditions lol i wish :lol:;)

So is this floppy Rocoto. On the day I took the photo it was hot and the lower leaves weren't too good. I had to tuck the right side round to get it all in the photo.

Image008-9.jpg

My first time growing rocottos but sure like all the pretty pictures. They look so good. Love those purple flowers too.

Jackie

ok so its still winter here until September but the pube species is comming on it actually has some fruit forming, definately not the manzano it has the sort of roma tomato shape. I really like this plant probably my favourite at the moment, I've never successfully grown the pube species before so I'm very excited about getting some fruit.
I'm going to make a roasted salsa with them lots of fresh tomatoes herbs.
Not for the range this one is purely for personal use lol

anyhow here are some pics of my favourite chilli.

DSCF1622-1.jpg

DSCF1623.jpg

DSCF1621-1.jpg

cheers

Mick

Sounds like a nice Salsa dish your going to make mick,I have to agrre the Pubes are fun to grow..the go anywhere chili creeper :)

All of my Pubescens have perished during the 15 day stretch of 100+ temps...I will try to grow them out of the direct sunlight next year...the bolivian hairy I posted pics of back in may in this thread held on the longest but finally died...

Back