• This is the place to discuss all spicy commerical products, not just sauce!

review Quad reviews the Snakebite PR

darlochileman said:
Hi rainbowberry,

He used to have a small shop in Brighton but I think its closed now as he prefers to concentrate on the markets & shows.

Mark

AH, that explains the pete's label then, I'd wondered about that.

I was hopeful that my posting would help ya out Mark, as I hadn't seen much recent review on SBPR and I really do like the sauce. It's a very tasty sauce and quite worth the wait.

Because of it, I've sparked a small chilehead frenzy on my online gaming community. A guy I know that works in a greenhouse just ordered about 100 bhut jolika's based on my chatting him up and chatter about Snakebite...and at least one other order for you, mate. :cool:

I just love hot stuff.
chilipepper.gif

I also apologise for mucking the thread up and getting all pissy with people. Hopefully it doesn't detract from the original intent.

Rock on,

~Q

Hello, Well im definitly not Pete!! I live in the Isle of Wight and have been going to the chilli fiesta for the last few years, its brilliant there!! Did you speak to Pete last night Mark? I would be interested in knowing if he has a shop...
rainbowberry - i understand what puts you off with the whole extract thing, it did for me too untill i tried it!!

I tried extract, and didn't like. tried it again under different brands, and didn't like it as well.
Sure a hotter, hot sauce is nice, but I want my edible product to taste good.

ChilliQueen said:
rainbowberry - i understand what puts you off with the whole extract thing, it did for me too untill i tried it!!
I'll give it a go sometime as long as it tastes nothing like Mad Dog, I hate that sauce with a passion.

Extracts aren't the devil. Sure, they can taste funny, but some extract sauces taste really good. Some, on the other hand, are REALLY bad. Daves Ultimate Insanity, for instance, I find inedible.

Hi Guys,

Just read through this entire thread from start to finish and acknowledge your concerns. As Rainbowberry said, Im not a professional sauce maker (Im a stockbroker) and the sauce is made from a homemade recipie I have honed over the years and decided to put into production to raise funds towards thechileman.org site. This is not a large scale commercial operation, I do it for the fun of it and hopefully bring something positive to the sauce community/ hot sauce lovers.

The UK press picked it up and labelled it 'the hottest sauce in the world' I also have no influence over the opinion of others/sauce reviews. If they like it, fine it the don't thats also fine. Of all the feedback from buyers I have had so far on ebay etc, over 99% has been positive and Ive had some lovely emails from people who love the sauce for both its heat and it taste. Thats what I set out to do and thats good enough for me.
There will always be a handful that have abestos mouths. You can keep everyone happy all of the time.

By the way, I use only fresh pods which are destalked and blended seeds,placenta and all into a puree which I then use as a base for the sauce. They is no deception, mis selling or jiggery pokery. I value my integrity above £'s. The last batch used approximately 25kg of Nagas which wasmore than enough to ensure at least 10 pods per bottle run.

I believe its the impact of the other ingredients (particularly the tomatoes) that reduces the heat level and maybe the cooking time. The fresh nagas are added at the beginning of the process and the sauce simmers for a few hours. I have produced a Naga concentrates which is as hot as it gets without adding extracts. Its almost inedible so whats the fun in that.

Im working on a new sauce 'Pure Venom' which I hope to release over the next few weeks which will up the heat level. This is a hobby and I struggle to find the free time to enjoy it. Ive been so busy at work that I havent even planted this years seeds never mind find the time to add to the chileman site.

Thank you everyone for your constructive comments. I do appreciate it and will try to meet your expectations the best i can.

Mark

darlochileman said:
There will always be a handful that have abestos mouths. You can keep everyone happy all of the time.
I have produced a Naga concentrates which is as hot as it gets without adding extracts. Its almost inedible so whats the fun in that.

Mark

*There's RB pouring the stuff over her salad* Abestos mouth me thinks.
darlochileman said:
Im working on a new sauce 'Pure Venom' which I hope to release over the next few weeks which will up the heat level. This is a hobby and I struggle to find the free time to enjoy it. Ive been so busy at work that I havent even planted this years seeds never mind find the time to add to the chileman site.

Thank you everyone for your constructive comments. I do appreciate it and will try to meet your expectations the best i can.

Mark
I'm about to receive the 15 pod Snakebite Mark and can't wait for the Pure Venom. It's a shame you don't get the time to enjoy it but we'll do it on your behalf. It's a pleasure to be able to contribute towards the running costs of the chileman site. I'll always be a fan of your sauces.

I came home to find a bottle of the Snakebite PR on my doorstep (bad, bad postman). Thanks Mark. I'm assuming it's the 15 pod version, just the label says 10 but that's probably because you can't go changing everything. I do think it's hotter unless I hit a hotspot, same great taste, maybe not as sweet but that could be because I didn't find it so carroty. I think it's great and the consistency is better, less thick, I mean I didn't mind it thick, it's just I'm a tiny little thing and shaking the bottle before to mix it took a lot of strength, (this is how I found out that the bottles were indestructible when it flew across the kitchen). I can't see how you can buy a better natural hot sauce than this. BTW I could tell the consistency was better straight away as I dolloped it all down my brand new top.

15 pod snakebite.
a "good" size pod weighs close to 5 grm if not more.
this is a 150 ml bottle right?

You guys can say and believe what you will but 'tis too starved for my sword.'

Well I should have put fluid ounces actually. Sometimes us Brits get confused if you use just metric or just imperial measures so we often use both.

on the bottles I have, american 5oz is anywhere between 142ml-150ml but mostly 147ml-148ml = 5oz
1 strangly enough being 142ml/5oz bottle being bigger than a 148ml/5oz bottle, go figure. but then again that one bottle is from jamaica. I guess they smoke to much weed :lol:

Back