• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Question for Aussies unrelated to peppers.

Is there a consumer protection agency in Australia?

I have made a purchase with a business in NSW near Sydney.
I live in the USA.

I double-verified that this was a legitimate business with a good reputation
prior to making any transaction, but now it seems that this business may be in trouble
as I am getting a giant run-around and a lot of excuses (some of them contradictory)
from the proprietor, and when I press him for information he is alternately contrite, or incredibly rude because I have written so many messages, all the while providing no usable info on my order.

We are talking over $7.000.00 USD so this is a very big deal to me

At this point I need to consider the possibility that I have lost my money and try to determine what, if anything, can be done about it.

Any advice on how I may proceed from across the ocean would be most welcome.

cheers

Have you got his address? For a cut i would be more than glad to umm "recover" your money.

Now where did i put my mace....

Novacastrian said:
Have you got his address? For a cut i would be more than glad to umm "recover" your money.

Now where did i put my mace....

It's getting to be your winter season right Nova? I believe they have "black ice" over there as well yes? Terrible accidents occur on black ice...just sayin...:hell:

I don't know about black ice but can you imagine rubbing your face after capsaicin oleoresin has inadventantly found it's way onto your digits after opening your car door?

*how did that get there* :rofl:

Driving along then "oh sh!te, IM BURNING ARRRRGGHHHHHH" - BANG CRASH BOOM

hehehehehe

Black ice is a term used over here to describe a thin layer of ice that occurs on roads and it almost impossible to notice until you hit it, then all hell breaks loose as your car possibly looses control due to lack of traction. It also describes a situation where someone has fallen, usually multiple times, "for no apparent reason" and refuses to say why... and no...alcohol is not the reason associated with that because that at least would explain some things. :cool:

Oh i know what black ice is but it probably only occurs over here in the snow country. I have never come across it personally.

Back