• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

Question

RE: Wiki on Jalapeno - It was interesting how they had exact Scoville #'s for each pepper shown. Do you think that was accurate or made up?

bigt said:
RE: Wiki on Jalapeno - It was interesting how they had exact Scoville #'s for each pepper shown. Do you think that was accurate or made up?

Well its likely accurate but since the less corked pods are probaly less mature, all that they are saying is that the more mature the pod the hotter it is

stinky bait CH...

AlabamaJack said:
stinky bait CH...

how do you figure ? I didnt say anything untrue!
BTW the stinky chum was thrown from others 1st ;)
still dont know how you'd consider my quote as stinky bait :rolleyes:

lets see I agree not everything on wiki is 100% true =
thats true, but I'd say only about 25% is not true or is slightly wrong.

not everything on wiki is false either =
thats true also, you gotta remember the info given on wiki is also being taken from elsewhere that are reputable sources, it even comes with references & external links or people pull that info from sources they know of w/o giving them credit.
so if you believe it in some book & trust it to be true, but for some reason you wont trust it on wiki if it was taken from that same book.:rolleyes:

I'm just making a guess, but I'd say about 25% of the stuff on wiki is false or just slightly wrong.
I suppose then that must be enough to say EVERYTHING on wiki is crap & you cant trust anything on wiki :rolleyes:

well if you know something on there to be untrue & wrong, then correct it so its correct.

With wiki, It all depends on how specific a topic is. Most people who write for wiki are writers, not pepper growers or experts on the subject they are writing, and just regurgitate basic info found elsewhere. I've done editing for several writers who think they know everything only because "that's what they heard". Over time I'm sure the editing will provide a better service but presently I only trust wiki for basic info

I wasn't talking about just chiles on wiki, I'm talking about wiki in general on all subjects they give information on. yes theres some false information & then theres some thats slightly false.
I kinda laugh when people say to never trust wiki or their info is crap! I've used it for different subjects & overall I'd say they're correct for the most part but still not 100%.

Back