• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

REDTAIL's 2014 GROWLOG

Let's kick of 2014 with a bang!

The first sign of life in 2014. . .  Aji Caballero
1521504_651881388187318_1073461255_n.jpg

Portuge said:
Well done Red, those wilds look sweet.

Thanks buddy. I'm not growing as many wild varieties this year as I'd like to be but the one's I am are looking nice.

millworkman said:
Microcarpum!!!!! $!!!!!!!

Yessir Noah. I'm curious to see if it turns out to be the right thing. I'm not sure if microcarpum is synonymous with baccatum var. baccatum, but I've seen both written for this variety. We shall see...

Spicegeist said:
Ah, the CAP 501... do you grow this every year?  I have an overwinter that's looking good, but I'm thinking I might not grow it in 2015...

Yeah, for the most part I like to have CAP 501 around every year. I absolutely love the way the plant grows and the flavor of the pods are wonderful. I think last year I only had one plant.

Cap 215 is another mess up. There are two types I have seen grown as "cap 215" one is a small pea shaped pepper and the other is a long almost banana shaped pepper. Not sure about which is correct have not yet looked into it heavily

Nightshade said:
Cap 215 is another mess up. There are two types I have seen grown as "cap 215" one is a small pea shaped pepper and the other is a long almost banana shaped pepper. Not sure about which is correct have not yet looked into it heavily

Well, if it is the small pea sized one, that would be more like the baccatum var. baccatum. I guess only time will tell!

RedtailForester said:

Well, if it is the small pea sized one, that would be more like the baccatum var. baccatum. I guess only time will tell!
yup very cool thing to grow. The word Microcarpum is a whole new set of misunderstanding because on one hand a couple different sources are saying its a wild variant of c. Annuum but then other say baccatum its kinda confusing

Wow, Dan, that's a lot of plants.  Am I to guess that plant out is imminent?

The wild varieties are interesting.  I am dabbling in them thanks to Shane, but
seeing blogs like yours and Walt's makes me want to explore the wilds more.

Hope your season continues to be a great success!

Back