beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

Third or fourth to setup a bottle-filler, but first to try to document it for the next guy ... achem =) ...

Step 0: attach the MFL connector to the BeerGun's connections block assembly. While it doesn't touch liquids, a lot of people still sanitize it with the rest of the parts for simplicity and surety ... hence not using gas tape, but making sure to use a proper two-wrench technique to make it tight. It won't need to be separated that I can think of ...

3ba3c3bc3f0aa7ebff5a35c33c7f44a0.jpg

d70ad6a788b94403c9da96ea06a87405.jpg

Step 1: think through the wrapping of gas tape such that screwing on the regulator will improve the way it lays upon itself, not antagonize it - usually clockwise, if you are looking straight at the end of the connection.

8367c8cc1963a8b86274075850bc548f.jpg

Step 2: Attach two gas lines, one with a gray keg gas connection (for the keg of beer), and the other with an MFL (for the BeerGun). I used tape for all four connections.

b7f3c63ce8f2a8b23877836af3e41df7.jpg

Step 3: Attach the regulator to the CO2 tank, again, using a pair of wrenches. Trips to the store for replacement gas suck, especially on the weekend.

bcc35db24cc7f4d052496dcb1127da47.jpg

Step 4: Open main valve on CO2 tank and dial-in 4-5 psi on both regulators, purging the regulator periodically while doing so to verify the actual pressure in each case.

10e7f8e2dfbd69b24b5bd20f0b3e06c9.jpg

Step 5: Note the tanks 'fill' and place off to the side for a few hours, to check back to ensure it's not leaking.

15610aba5c66637eeaa8f4d6b0d36a5e.jpg

The straw filler is nice because you do not have to disassemble to sanitize. The end screws off and then it is just a stainless steel tube. When I was deciding between that or the beergun, the straw filler seemed easier for my setup.

Maybe HBS's assemble them to make them less intimidating ... no clue ...

I realized I'd need a liquid connection, too ...

36963ef61542123328bdd06196388e36.jpg

And the remaining stuff required ...

68bcbe328445d06c963957a91b19e00a.jpg

Oh, I guess I need some caps too ... I have 'em somewhere around here, too, I know ... somewhere!

Funny thing about the beer gun, I looked at a DIY version of it that would have been an exact copy and it came out within a dollar or two of just buying the thing outright

This beer is a 'common' ...

cee7dabf3ec1c23f63b39bb0517287ba.jpg

I was compelled to go check, and it tastes exactly like my XXX - Mild in a side-by-side gulp test ...

I suspect that my mild is quite decent in light of this, even though I find it kind of small and unrewarding ...

Tonight I traveled back in time to harvest all of the techniques and ideas that I noted/screenshot along the way, but have never used yet ...

So. Much. Gold.

27 emails to myself ...

#Queenie

Expecting the last of the ingredients necessary to brew this morning, and I got lucky, because it's dark outside due to an intense thunder storm (rip of lightning/thunder woke me straight the fuck up at 8AM) ...

So, my yeasties have had a gentle trip, with an ice-pack to protect them into yesterday, and a moderate climate overnight and thus far today ...

That's good.

Some stuff for use in secondary won't arrive until tomorrow, but that's no matter ...

Work is dead slow this week, so I'm looking forward to some spree brewing in the coming days - can't think of a better way to pass the idle time! =)

grantmichaels said:
Is that over the Summer, or next Fall? ...
Well...we have a family vacation planned in early August that will put me about 30 minutes away. I already hinted that I may disappear on Saturday night. Otherwise it is a 3 hr trip and maybe I will do it when he does special releases or something.

Back