beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

RocketMan said:
Grant, where did you get your O2 bottle? My regulator and wand get in today but need to get the O2.

Came from the same place I buy my CO2 gas from, locally ...

Should come in a heavy-metal cylinder and not an aluminum one ...

Managed to craft an interesting enough correspondence to Wayne Wambles that he provided some info re: aging on cypress that I was angling for ...

Totally saved me an iteration of an initial side-by-side experiment ...

#winning

wheebz said:
what was the discussion

I email you the screenshots from chat, the history of it of where I picked up on it, and what I'm planning to test (but shhh, don't tell yet, it's a surprise for folks here) side-by-side ...

For folks here, the TL;DR is light toast as starting point for investigating aging on cypress ...

Look for some mead side-by-side's w/ cypress soon =)

Wheebz, man you should do a sparkling Cyser for something different on your Cider side. A little Vanilla and a touch of Oak and I bet it'd be fantastic. Especially once you add your special little twist to it :)

RocketMan said:
Wheebz, man you should do a sparkling Cyser for something different on your Cider side. A little Vanilla and a touch of Oak and I bet it'd be fantastic. Especially once you add your special little twist to it :)

I was listening to something recently where the person was talking about releasing their product as a mead-influenced cider for the fact that the market has already come to accept cider to a much larger extent than mead ...

so much for sleuthin' ...

CCB_Cypress_BOOM.png

there's no mystery now ...

Back