beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

grantmichaels said:
Next was this ...

attachicon.gif
HI.png
Ok... Ok. Next wednesday. Shipped thursday morning. I will see if they will sell me the sammie deconstucted, that way it will not get soggy.

tctenten said:
Ok... Ok. Next wednesday. Shipped thursday morning. I will see if they will sell me the sammie deconstucted, that way it will not get soggy.

I'm just fucking around, really ... it's just pastrami ... and we actually have a really good, new place in town:

https://www.facebook.com/ticketsarasota/posts/929977013724968

I just think it's fun to keep posting them ... mostly because I want to see the one you eat whenever =)

I might brew like a motherfucker while I'm solo ...

Considering just totally forgetting the concept of day and night, banging out my work to have the space to brew like everyday for days ...

I can just live off reheated BBQ from my stash in the freezers, sleep when I'm tired, but otherwise just work and brew for days ...

Physically exhausting myself while mentally relaxing, I guess - but accomplishing updating my beers to better fit what I'm looking to drink ...

Hmmmm ...

I have some recipes ready, yes ;)

Red-Eye, Wheebz stout, Deebo, the Pecan Brown ale, and I'd be happy with brewing Darkness Err'body again, and oaking it ... that's five right there, and I know I have another recipe or two, incl what I think will be a VERY good attempt at a Pliny-like beer ...

I have everything, it's only whether I can Just Do It! ... like a fuckin' Nike ad ...
Oh, and I guess a Brew Down beer ...

I finaluzed my brewdown recipe. Very straight forward, boring and uncomplicated. It will be a 1 gallon batch. I like that you are re-brewing what you like. I may do my baby piney again. I enjoyed it. But I really want the feedback once I send some beers to Wheebz.

Wheebz' stout suits me better than 90% of the various stout's I buy, and Red-Eye is better than 90% of the DIPA's I buy ... that makes it a pretty easy decision for me, really ...

So, in conclusion, I dumped the last 1/4 keg of Wheebz saison, 1/2 keg of Zorg, and 3/4 keg of Wild in the Sacch ...

For my own reflection, for later when I can't recall the reasoning:

Wheebz saison - nothing wrong, but it could have used some cardamon, rose hips etc on that nice saison base ...
Zorg - the taste of the Zythos+Galaxy was not to my liking, and since it didn't fade, I'm going to blame the Zythos, not the Galaxy ...
Wild in the Sacch - The flavor of the beer once the Nelson dry-hopping faded was weird and juicy, but not a good way ...

Other take-away's:

Not racking off dry-hop plant material makes for a vegetal or grass-like off-flavor, so better to dry-hop for the week before service, and not in advance ...

And now ...

Well, now I have 1x glass fermenter and 1x corny fermenter and 6x service kegs to clean this afternoon/evening ...

And I guess I need to think about getting some stir-plates setup ...

Things could get real interesting, real fast ... Shady's back.

https://youtu.be/YVkUvmDQ3HY

Juicy-Jus

Est. Batch = 3 gal AG w/ 60% Kettle Efficiency (BIAB)
Est. Pre-boil Gravity = 23.75P
Est. Original Gravity = 28P+
Est. IBU's = 34
Est. SRM = 13
Est. ABV = 13.5%

2x package of Safale US-05, dry-pitched.

Grist

160 oz Maris Otter (60.5%)
  80 oz Torrified Wheat (30.5%)
  16 oz Munich (6%)
    8 oz Gambrinus Honey Malt (3%)

Mash into 126F strike water

Citric acid or pH5.2 to bring the mash pH down to 5.5+/-.1, mash for 23-24P at 149F

60 Min Boil

.25 oz 15% AA Equinox (HBC366 Pellet) @60min
.75 oz 15% AA Equinox (HBC366 Pellet) @5min

Whirfloc, Servomyces, & Yeast Nutrients @15min

10 Min Whirlpool

1 oz 13% AA Citra

Wrap-Up

Wort-Chill <75F & divert into a 5 gallon corny with a blow-off tube attached to the gas post.

Place into 67F chamber, apply O2 at 2L/s for 60 secs or until bubbling through blow-off apparatus.

Raise chamber temp .5F every 12 hrs up to 70F.

Dry-Hopping

1 oz 13% AA Citra for 5x days

tctenten said:
Tonight? I love your brews. 16lbs grain bill.

What classification of beer would you put this in?

"other strong ale"

6 more countertops to program and I'll be done though where I usually stop on a Monday night ...

So ...

I'll probably brew it during the day tomorrow, actually ...

Might get into some burger action or something tonight, through ...

I think I'm out of time for pasta ... that seems like something  I'd need two hours for, before the time I 'd like to eat ...

And I want to eat sooner than 3 hrs from now ...

tctenten said:
Works for me. Will be watching from work. Mondays are usually slow.

Yeah ... I like day brewing ... especially since I'll serial mash that one ... so it'll take a while ...

Sounds like a nice beer to me, though ...

Should share some features of the Red-Eye ...

Back