beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

Good to ~85P now!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458085397.205058.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1458085486.459753.jpg

American Lager (American Pi$$ Beer, Bud Light style ;) )

3 Lbs American 2Row
4 Lbs Flaked Corn
4 Lbs Flaked Rice

0.5 oz Hallertau 60 min.
1 oz Hallertau 5 min.

WLP840 American Lager

Mash:
149 dF 90 min.
175 dF 10 min.

OG: 1.03
FG: 1.002

Fermentation
Stage1 53 dF 14 days
Stage 2 55 dF 14 days
Stage 3 57 dF 14 days 

Like this?

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!!!

Deebo is my brewversary beer ;)

I'm going to participate in the Brewdown tho =)
It's like March 25th, or actually it's the 29th I think ultimately, depending on how you look at it ...

When I purchased the SS hop basket for brewing, it was after reading an account, however anecdotal, from a long-time BIAB guy who stopped using nylon in the boil and started placing higher in competitions using rebrews of same recipes ... you could find this searching HBT or AussieHomeBrewing for "Brau Supply" and tracking down the thread, but I'm not doing it right now ...

Today, this morning, Brulosphy happens to be same-subject ...

http://brulosophy.com/2016/03/21/kettle-hops-loose-vs-bagged-exbeeriment-results/

Looks like nylon in the boil is detectable in some way, perhaps ...

i can imagine gypsy brewing.

i'm spending my second year brewing deep-diving on beers brewed with coffee, as a sort of self-imposed freedom in constraint ...

it's the overarching umbrella. who knows, maybe i'll become a gypsy brewer who does beers with single-origin coffee, as "a thing" someday ...

i think it'll just help to have a little more focus in terms of what i do recipe-wise this year, really, but this seams like an easier way to tame my focus, where instead of thinking about anything i'm losing, it's framed up by "getting" coffee ...

Wheebz says they suck, and hates it as an ingredient - well, so yeah, that doubles the fun, right? =)

so, every beer is getting at least a coffee bean ... starting 3/29.

other constraints:

- not allowed to buy hops, yeast, or specialty grains until Fall
- not allowed to migrate to bigger system until Fall
- not allowed to brew more than 1.5 gal exploratory batches

these things are designed around blocking certain character traits of mine that ultimately get in the way of my best craftsmanship ...

it's time to do the reps now.

I don't mind coffee in beer at all if it's done right. But throwing in 5 pounds of ground coffee beans in 5 gallons to ask for 3 days like a lot of these fucks are doing on homebrew sites makes my skin crawl

i'm going to do it all sweet and gentle-like ... but to encourage staying in rigor-mode, i'm going to stick to it until at least Fall ...

let's be honest, i don't want to brew outside this Summer, REALLY, and I don't want Summer-shipped yeast, and i do need to use up ingredient on-hand ...

i'll throw a single bean in a batch at flame-out to adhere if i feel i must buck ...

He's afear'd that the heat will harm the yeast. I've ordered both White Labs and Wyeast in the summer and had no problems, even when Northern Brewers is shipping it out.

Back