beer =[ Remgrandt's Six Months of *NOT BREWING* ]=

wheebz said:
when I homebrewed I never made starters, and I got yeast shipped to me throughout the entire year, never had an issue

you didn't homebrew in Florida, in the Summer ...

my yeast came with liquid sprayed through the vial seals into the bubblewrap on more than one occassion last summer ...

you have to take into consideration the carrier ...

my FedEx delivery comes between 9:30 and 10:30AM, my USPS delivery comes between 10 and 11:30AM, and my UPS delivery comes between 7:00 and 9:00PM ... and there's the problem.

when my yeast gets loaded on a truck and heads out at 5:30AM, but doesn't get delivered to my step until 7:00PM, after spending 13-15x hours driving around Sarasota in a dark brown metal truck ...

yeah, it goes about as well as you'd expect ...

it's all good ... i have yeast for days on-hand ... i'm covered for Spring and Summer, no problem ... hops too! ...

wheebz said:
yea I got my deliveries at like 9am every day, didnt think of the hot truck factor

if i really want yeast, for some reason, i can make an all-yeast order and shell out for overnight and an assload of ice-packs ... then it comes before 10AM ...

i'll do that if needed, but honestly, i'm pretty well-stocked ...

those packages, where the yeast pressurized and sprayed ... stunk! ... like, wow ... STANK!

If nothing happens today - that's supposed to - it'll be because I jumped in an Uber and headed off to Mr. Beery's to drink profusely ...

"Join us today for the Funky Buddha Brewery Blessing finale!!! The event kicks off at 3pm with special keg tappings of Fire In The Hole, More Moro IPA, Blueberry Cobbler, and Nib Slip! THEN, additional special tappings at 6pm of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, Nikolai Vorlauf, and a cask of York Peppermint Pattie OP Porter!!!"

MBCP, NV, and a cask of PPP ... yes, please ... don't mind if I do repeatedly.

What a mess!!?!

2af6e465ff731cc75a2592467557fbb6.jpg

Just took a picture of each damn pack =(

grantmichaels said:
If nothing happens today - that's supposed to - it'll be because I jumped in an Uber and headed off to Mr. Beery's to drink profusely ...

"Join us today for the Funky Buddha Brewery Blessing finale!!! The event kicks off at 3pm with special keg tappings of Fire In The Hole, More Moro IPA, Blueberry Cobbler, and Nib Slip! THEN, additional special tappings at 6pm of Maple Bacon Coffee Porter, Nikolai Vorlauf, and a cask of York Peppermint Pattie OP Porter!!!"

MBCP, NV, and a cask of PPP ... yes, please ... don't mind if I do repeatedly.
Did you/are you going?

I only have one keg...so completely different scale. But when I emptied the keg I put some PBW in the keg and ran it thru the picnic tap, then did the same with regular water.

Is there any other/easier method to clean them?

Tasting notes on The Mulberara ...

Beer's in a bad phase taste wise, where the aroma hops have vanished, and it's almost more fruit wine-like than beer right now, but especially because the freezer-to-freezer transition of the keg, must have resulted in a change in vol CO2 for being different temperatures, or the positioning within, or which wall of my house etc ...

Anyways ... I don't like my Mild or Bhut Stout over carbonated, so this one will remain as is ... but I'll be looking forward to tasting it again, having seen how the Bhut Stout became like double-homogenized magically after it was like 6-7 months old ...
9c8a85e1d99707f121f323191be0ba9f.jpg

Made some real progress last night ...

... on a bottle of Bulleit.

Fortunately this afternoon I'm getting some brewing blockers out of the way ...

Washed a 5 gal, and 2x 3 gal's, and in a few minutes I'm going to knock out a pair of 2.5 gal's and that'll do it for today ...

I'll still have to do 2x 5 gal's and a 6.5 gal glass carboy yet, but I'll have done enough between last weekend and today, that I can go back to brewing as usual ...

Back