food Ribs Anyone??

:sticks head in and sees a question just hanging and hears crickets chirping:

:rofl:

JayT, I would be highly surprised if THP would answer THAT question. There is way too much water that has gone under that bridge. :P

JayT said:
So, THP... you changing your mind about the goodness of Oven Ribs yet?

Pepperfreak said:
:sticks head in and sees a question just hanging and hears crickets chirping:

:rofl:

JayT, I would be highly surprised if THP would answer THAT question. There is way too much water that has gone under that bridge. :P

Agreed.

However I'm sold on the idea for sure!

YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM YUM

You know, it never occured to me to use the oven to tenderize a tough piece of meat like ribs. I'll be tossing them in there this summer while I prep everything else and then finish them on the grill with the rest of the meal.

Oven ribs FTW!!!

paulky_2000 said:
You know, it never occured to me to use the oven to tenderize a tough piece of meat like ribs. I'll be tossing them in there this summer while I prep everything else and then finish them on the grill with the rest of the meal.

Oven ribs FTW!!!

I might be thrown out from the forum from this, but you can also boil the ribs in a nice and tasty broth for an hour or so and then finish on the grill.

I'm afraid if you boiled them they'd lose a good bit of the juices that make them so good into the stock.....although I may try it.

I'm afraid if you boiled them they'd lose a good bit of the juices that make them so good into the stock.....although I may try it.

I have never tried boiling for spare ribs, but I have tried it with Country Style ribs and it worked out okay. The trick I found was to boil them in a flavorful stock and them mope them liberally with BBQ sauce once they hit the grill.

I'm thinking of breaking out the ol' crock pot. I have a wonderful recipe for homemade BBQ sauce Country Style ribs, all cooked in a crock pot. Y'all love 'em. Hey, I'll even share the recipe with y'all so you can try them. :D

Hehehe...Dan thought he'd seen enough with the oven ribs. Wait till I warm up the crock pot! HA! Speaking of Dan, what has happened to him? He has been awfully quiet lately, heck even ignoring JayT's direct question to him. :P

Back