• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

RocketMan's 2013 Glog; In The House!!

There are no gardening mistakes,only experiments." -- Janet Kilburn Phillips

I love that quote and it will try my best to remember it through this new grow. So, I'm going with only 18 varities this year as we're looking at moving to a larger house if not buying this summer and I really don't want to have to try and haul a ton of plants when we do. the ones I've selected are:

1. 7 Pot Jonah---------------------------- Pic 1
2. Aji Lemon------------------------------- romy6
3. Chili De Arbol Negro------------------ smokemaster via SocalChilihead
4. Datil-------------------------------------- Pic 1
5. Fatalii------------------------------------ Pic 1
6. Gochu----------------------------------- Stickman
7. Red Savania--------------------------- Pic 1
8. Chocolate Habanero----------------- Pic 1
9. West Indian Yellow Habanero------ Pic 1
10. Jalabanero---------------------------- SocalChilihead
11. Jalapeno------------------------------- frydad4
12. Douglah-------------------------------- Pic 1
13. Peruvian White Habanero---------- ????
14. Scotch Bonnet Jamican Red------- Pic 1
15. Thai Short----------------------------- Lieban
16. Jamican Hot Chocolate------------- ????
17. Butch T-------------------------------- Pic 1
18. T Scorpion Yellow------------------- Pic 1

Here's the layout and they went into the dirt.

100_3209.jpg

SeedlingMap_zps94636340.jpg

Alot of them are ones i started last year that never grew beyond a certain point and I'm pretty sure that a lot of it was my new grower mistakes. Since I really want to try them I'm giving them a grow again. Once again, thanks to everyone that helped me getting started with gifts of seeds and to all on here thanks for leaving your incredable words of wisdom that we can all learn from.

Cheers to a bountiful grow this year.
RM

Well, it was a long weekend and it sure is nice to be back to work so I can get some rest  :crazy:

My wife and I spent the whole weekend looking at rentals and the last one we looked at was finally one that met all our needs. Here's the catch though, our Realtor is trying a Hail Mary to see if we can still pull off buying the house. We've given her till Tomorrow at 4:00 to see if she can do it and then we're going to have to move on the rental.  So, we'll see what happens.

Either way there will be a garden, that was the second question asked the first being how much  :rofl:

Wow 2nd season plants look great and producing, which is always awesome to see. Your starts look like they ready to take off now. Sorry to read about the bad news, but hopefully something does works out for you and your family with the lawsuit and house. The new sauce factory look great and spacious can not wait to see that venture take off for you. The tea looks tasty for your plants. Jamie and JJ are always awesome when it comes to care packages. Amazing interview with your process of being foster parents and overcoming certain situations of adjustments for the kids accepting of you and your family to becoming part of the family. I just want to wish nothing but the best for you and your family.
Take care
Thank you for everything  

Very touching, you and your wife are two very special people.

I hope you realize that. Not everyone has the capacity to love and give like you two do..

My hat's off to both of you!

I'm not the best with words, so I know I'm not saying this as well as some could...

God bless Scott

Major league bummed on your behalf man. It seems like bad things often happen to those who deserve it least. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family in these hard times!

SocalChilehead said:
Wow 2nd season plants look great and producing, which is always awesome to see. Your starts look like they ready to take off now. Sorry to read about the bad news, but hopefully something does works out for you and your family with the lawsuit and house. The new sauce factory look great and spacious can not wait to see that venture take off for you. The tea looks tasty for your plants. Jamie and JJ are always awesome when it comes to care packages. Amazing interview with your process of being foster parents and overcoming certain situations of adjustments for the kids accepting of you and your family to becoming part of the family. I just want to wish nothing but the best for you and your family.
Take care
Thank you for everything  

Thank you Fernando, taking care of the kids is a lot like taking care of the troops. It's my calling :)

stc3248 said:
Great story! You two are good souls...give them babies a big ole hug!

Thanks Shane, I do every chance I get.

Devv said:
Very touching, you and your wife are two very special people.

I hope you realize that. Not everyone has the capacity to love and give like you two do..

My hat's off to both of you!

I'm not the best with words, so I know I'm not saying this as well as some could...

God bless Scott

Scott, Brother, you got the words just right. Thanks

Peptacular said:
Major league bummed on your behalf man. It seems like bad things often happen to those who deserve it least. I wish nothing but the best for you and your family in these hard times!

Thank you for the warm wishes.

a quick update on the Launch Pad, our Realtor is nothing less than Awesome! She is working through everything she can to see if she can get around this situation. We've had to give her a deadline for this afternoon and we're all praying that she can pull it off but we have found a really nice rental that will work perfectly in case she can't. So either way we're taken care of.

Plants were moved to where I'm staying and have slowed down putting out pods but are doing well. I'm going to start a Tea this weekend and I'll try to get some pics up soon.

Have a great week everyone.

Thank you for the link Bill. You guys have a really big heart. I am blessed to call you a friend. I know everything will work out for you guys in the end. 

Your wasabi sauce is amazing. Is is like nothing I have had before. Great all around flavor.  Much more kick than I was expecting. Home run brother  :party:

photo_zpsa798b465.jpg

Thanks Jamie, looks like you put it to good use too. I like the flavor that it developed also i just wish it had more heat to it. It's the first time I've used green Habs and they were a lot less hot than I thought they were going to be. Next time I might try adding some green Bhuts or maybe a couple of droppers of Pure Evil  :twisted:

• Great video Bill \o/
  • The litmus test for us is Ceviche, hehe
  • What meat do you prefer minced beef or lamb?

• ¿What shape does your mother-in-law make, I love dem bomb or torpedo shaped ones but they're all good great
  • Awesome kids \o/
  • Housing will happen for you guys in the long run keep da faith brethren
Hope you have a great day brethren!

Devv said:
Still pulling for the house purchase!

Thanks Bro, we're still hoping / praying we can get it and our Realtor is working her a$$ off to get it done too.

WalkGood said:

• Great video Bill \o/
  • The litmus test for us is Ceviche, hehe
  • What meat do you prefer minced beef or lamb?

• ¿What shape does your mother-in-law make, I love dem bomb or torpedo shaped ones but they're all good great
  • Awesome kids \o/
  • Housing will happen for you guys in the long run keep da faith brethren
Hope you have a great day brethren!

Thanks Ramon, Shelby was really great and easy to work with. Dang, your going to make me choose between beef and lamb? Ok, I'll have the combo platter :)

stickman said:
Hi Bill, Nice that you have your housing bets covered. When you do get the house you want... make sure you look into having it declared a homestead. There are some important legal protections from creditors in there. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Homestead_exemption_in_Florida#Scope_of_the_Debtor_Protection

You know we'll be all over that, thanks for the reminder.

I know I'm way overdue for some pics. Here are some I took yesterday morning before going up to my Brothers house for a BBQ. They're looking a lot better after the stress of moving.

Thai Short:
There are a couple on there that I need to pick too

C8BB28F5-2985-4C1D-B1FF-BE19C9829694-7151-00000ABD339E991A_zps0be39d14.jpg

Chocolate Something, I honestly think this is a Jamaican Hot Chocolate. I don't remember growing any Chocolate Habs last year but I'd have to go back to last years Glog to check it

E3434D7D-0A3C-4A19-9D5D-42905E4783E9-7151-00000ABA5B737BA4_zpsd65b55cc.jpg

Not Fatalii, I thought at first it was then the pods came out the wrong shape and color. I think it's a Red Savina

9C9EFC81-2DFE-43F2-B740-071980BD24A2-7151-00000ABA654283FF_zpsb1b2a837.jpg

Mystery Pepper:

251DB3E9-2067-4009-803F-30EE0C7C8678-7151-00000ABA6E74D097_zps9d3a696e.jpg

Here's a Basil plant the my Sister In Law picked up for me. 
This is it last month when she got it

100_3347_zpsf38c7cb7.jpg

and here it is yesterday after being potted up to a 3 gallon Root Pouch

BFAED50A-D9B5-4B4B-B0AD-B220E2F9A5EA-7151-00000ABA4C728378_zps88aaaabb.jpg

Have a great weekend everyone and check out or better yet enter the Throwdown this weekend. It's Extreme Burgers :cool:

Sounds like the move is going well for you, Bill.  So happy to hear it.  Looks like the plants are adjusting.  Soon we're going to see some hot sauce magic coming from that sauce room!

Back