beer RocketMan's BrewLog

Seriously, the Cherry Lambic was so much better in the cheese than the Kirschwasser ever thought about being! Won't be buying that stuff again! Now on the this one,

58D06F00-C2D9-494F-93B2-F1EEAC05EDEC_zpsvxokwjkj.jpg

Dark, dark red

D8CB773F-AC24-494D-8B49-B5F0E6BF86C8_zps04zrp1x6.jpg

Now I can't wait to start playing with Lambics!

RocketMan said:
Seriously, the Cherry Lambic was so much better in the cheese than the Kirschwasser ever thought about being! Won't be buying that stuff again! Now on the this one,

58D06F00-C2D9-494F-93B2-F1EEAC05EDEC_zpsvxokwjkj.jpg

Dark, dark red [emoji41]

D8CB773F-AC24-494D-8B49-B5F0E6BF86C8_zps04zrp1x6.jpg

Now I can't wait to start playing with Lambics!
wheebz being nice ... lambic's specific to a region overseas ...

there's a widespread 'respect' shown by brewer's in not calling their <whatever you call it besides lambic> a 'lambic' ...

i need coffee ...

well there should be

a local brewery here called Free Will pisses me off a little bit, calling all of their fruited sours "Lambic Style Beer" kind of irritates me

wheebz said:
well there should be

a local brewery here called Free Will pisses me off a little bit, calling all of their fruited sours "Lambic Style Beer" kind of irritates me

Jay Goodwin of The Rare Barrel, the guy who does The Sour Hour on The Brewing Network, has been preaching that over the past year or so - since the beginning of the show ...

I know RM likes to get the olde world stuff just right, so I thought I'd share ...

wheebz said:
about 30 minutes away there is
It's a $100 dinner for 2, but it's really good. There's a cheese, broth, and dessert round. You get to pick which kind for each.

You get fruit and breads for the cheese, then whatever protein you pick (steak, chicken, seafood), then dessert you get strawberries, bananas, cookies, marshmallows to dip.

Ozzy2001 said:
It's a $100 dinner for 2, but it's really good. There's a cheese, broth, and dessert round. You get to pick which kind for each.

You get fruit and breads for the cheese, then whatever protein you pick (steak, chicken, seafood), then dessert you get strawberries, bananas, cookies, marshmallows to dip.

It's tasty ... then you get in the car and smell yourselves ... then you get home and your belly starts engaging the internal pump station ...

Haven't had since high school ... but man, sooooo good!

Been awhile since I've had it too. The peanut butter chocolate fondue is where you hurt yourself. The wine broth on the entree pirtion is pretty bomb too.
Can't say I ever had the stomach issues though lol.

I'll tell you what, when we were up in Waycross, GA visiting Mary's folks we did the Swiss exactly as she got it from her friend in Switzerland and it was good. She was concerned when after searching 3 liquor stores and calling several more we couldn't find any Kirschwasser and I started googling substitutes. But brothers even she said that the Cherry Lambic added more flavor and more dimensions than the traditional. I don't think we'll be going back.

Little Experiment:

I was picking up some groceries at Publix the other day and while I was getting some rice I saw some bags of Barley there. That for me to thinking, can a decent brew be made from only ingredients available at the grocery store? Yes it means no Hops and having to use bread yeast or doing an open ferment collecting wild yeast but can something acceptable be made?

A few questions to Wheebz provided that a mash could be done even though the grains would be unmalted. So,

B65BB030-D1DF-4501-B1B3-3ED4D2D7A3CF_zpsu8zdqbxv.jpg

Here's a start, thinking about adding some Grits to it and bittering with Fresh Rosemary. 2 ounces for 60 minutes boil and 1 ounce at flame out. Just need to finalize the grain bill now.

what happened to the oats man!!!

oats are easy to use as they are already broken open, you could have chucked 30 or 40% in there

Back