• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

I must say that in spite of the non-pepper pics, this is my favorite update of yours thus far! :fireball: <--- Soon to be me!

Very nice, Jamie - seeing your mature plants
gives me an idea of what to shoot for! How
big will the chiltepin get? Pot size?
Enjoy the rest of the weekend!

Patrick I have seeds I can sell you of both . They are the worlds next hottest pepper. :rofl:

Shane , I have a feeling why you like this update. :halo:

I like your idea JSS. Maybe you should graft us one up :eek:

Matt this is my first time ever attempting pickled cukes. I will give you my recipe but not sure if it works. :whistle:

3/4 cup of white vinegar
1/4 cup of water
boil for 20 minutes

chopped up cukes cleansed and set in super clean pickle jars.
table spoon of hot pepper powder
splash of pickling spice and splash of garlic powder'
pour all contents into jar while it is still boiling.
close lid
let sit in cool dark place for 2 months

I will let you know how they taste :cool:

Paul my chiltepin grows outward not upward.
Last year it got 4 feet wide 2 feet tall and quickly out grew his 3 gallon container after 3 months.
It is now in a 7 gallon. :halo:

Paul my chiltepin grows outward not upward.
Last year it got 4 feet wide 2 feet tall and quickly out grew his 3 gallon container after 3 months.
It is now in a 7 gallon. :halo:

Okay, thanks, I guess I need to find a spot to accommodate that puppy!
I'm not sure it will grow big like that here, but I imagine the growth habit
will be the same.

Dayum Jamie!
Everything is looking nice!
Those Pickles sound like they are gonna be great!
I love those yellow 7's I cant believe I still havent started any seeds.

Grow on Brother!

Give it the right love Paul and you will have no problem growing it that size.

Stephen, Good to here from you. Thanks for checking in!

Couple pics from yesterday.I would have posted them earlier but I have major internet issues and my provider doesn't seem to have a clue how to fix it. I am not going to say Brighthouse is my provider.

Okay I am a little upset with the plants the last couple of days. Several are showing signs of overwatering. Amazing how picky these basturds are. Had one day of 3 inches rain and that was all it took. But still lots of ripening pods.

IMG_3293.jpg

IMG_3294.jpg

IMG_3296.jpg

IMG_3297.jpg

This is my chocolate bhut. It is producing pods twice as big as the first crop. I love this plant.

IMG_3309.jpg

And I finally started putting some of my plants in the ground.

IMG_3310.jpg

Last a small harvest from last night. Have a happy Easter to all!

IMG_3303.jpg

I'm jealous of your weather and plants! Great looking plants, hopefully something for myself to aim for in the future. Just need to get out of this apartment...

Thanks everyone for the kind words. Keeps me wanting to post more pics so I will. Have been a bit under the weather so I stayed home from work and took a few ics and harvested some more peppers.

Brains

IMG_3323.jpg

IMG_3328.jpg

7 pod barrackpore

IMG_3327.jpg

Bhut CPI

IMG_3329-1.jpg

Small harvest. Starting to see lots of stink bug marks on my pods. Have I mentioned lately how much I hate stink bugs. Killed at least 200 babies last weekend.

IMG_3330-1.jpg

And some volunteer pumkins from Halloween. I think it is too hot for the floers to set?

STA_3307.jpg

IMG_3305.jpg

They probably will set,,, My Loofah is settin niceely... same thing... Lookin nice... O town aint doin too shabby either... talk to ya later...

Your plants look great, as do the 'little' pod harvests!
The florida sun works wonders!

Thanks Conrad,Shane and Paul. The pods just keep coming. Had a nother little harvest today. Yellow scorps and red and yellow 7's, a nice barrackpore and brain, and a few choco habs. Oh and a srtange brocolli pod. The next hottest pepper.

IMG_3337.jpg

Big fat chocolate bhut. Can't wait to eat this mofo! :onfire:

photo-180-1.jpg

And a couple of distant cousins . 7 pod barrackpore and 7 brain. 1st one to guess which is which will get a small care package. :dance:

IMG_3340.jpg

Have a great weekend :cheers:

Back