• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Thanks jsschstrcks. Before you know it you will have more supers than you know what to do.

Here are some pics from yesterday

Babies are not doing much. Not too happy with ther slow growth.
I will post some more pics tomorrow but right now here are a few .

Cool looking yellow cardi scorp. I have 5 plants and each one seems to produce a medly of shapes and sizes

IMG_3215.jpg

7 pod reds are starting to ripen

IMG_3223.jpg

My chocoalte habs are going off HUGE pods!

IMG_3221.jpg

7 pod yellow is loading up. I love this pepper. Perfect taste and heat.

IMG_3208.jpg

This yellow scorp is super happy

IMG_3209.jpg

And my favorite specimen to photo the BrAiN!
IMG_3214.jpg

Thanks Paul. Your plants will thank you. Make sure you don't have chlorine in your water. It will kill the fungi.

Does that mean I can't use them in my drip irrigated planters out in the yard?

Great looking pepper plants, romy! Making me drool, and I've never even eaten a (really) hot pepper!

Nice Jamie,

You really have some established plants growing. The Yellow 7/Pot is one of my favorite superhots when it comes to taste. I actually enjoyed deseeding the peppers last year out in my back yard. I remember that day well,early autumn...great weather, music, and brew!....plus the scent of that pepper when its cut open...
Those coco habs look. stuffable for an appetizer....yum
Its cool to see pods on the plant....I can't wait to get mine out of the house
Keep posting the photos, when possible.
Have a good weekend

Greg

Thanks Paul. I will send you a few supers if you ain't scared.

Conrad the plants are stacking up nicely.

Thank you Greg. I can't believe how well all my supers are doing. Here are some pics from today.

One of my Bhut's is putting out some big nasty pods. can't wait to try one.

IMG_3247.jpg

A whole nother Bhut

IMG_3245-1.jpg

Small harvest of african tunisian, one BrAiN. Some mystery pods and aji lemons.

IMG_3252.jpg

Non peppers. My maters, cukes , broccoli, carrots, and strawberry's

IMG_3227.jpg

The cukes are gigantic

IMG_3224.jpg

JJ talking to a cuke

IMG_3244.jpg

And one mater shot.

IMG_3229.jpg

Somehow seeing your year round pepper harvests hasn't bothered me, but looking at your picture with the tomatoes, cukes, and broccoli, it hit me that my garden looks like that ... in July. That is four months away!!! Now I'm depressed ...

Seriously though, great pictures as usual, and your garden helper is a real cutie!

Hey, what's the dark pepper in your harvest picture?

Thanks Patrick. You da man! :halo:

Hey Bonnie hope all is well. That is a chocolate hab. Forgot to mention that guy.
:drunk:

Those are some gnarly Bhuts! A bunch of 'em to! Mine just starting to bud now. Won't be long till first flower! Long way off from what you got going there. As always very motivational visit to your glog!

UPDATE MORE OFTEN!!!
Shane

fantastic jamie! your plants are doing so well, u will have chili trees before long ;)

p.s. i started a naga jolokia pc-1 among others, this spring so i can see what u were talking bout last year! thanks again for the seeds!

Your peppers, and helpers, look great!

+1 Highalt!

This is my favorite pic!
IMG_3252.jpg

Lookin Saweeeet! Man that 7pot is just stacking pods ontop of pods! Looks awesome. Hey how many hours of direct sunlight a day are the plants next to the house getting?

2 THUMBS UP! I agree with the yellow 7 being one of the best tasters....my overwintered one is reportedly puffin up....we'll see in a week.

I noticed the fungus reference...BB? i plan to use some also.....bumming at the drip notice. I might have to go with a rain barrel to cycle the drip irrigation with.

Thanks Paul(chile_freak). Sadly my pc-1 died from ant infestation. Or should I say my wife killed it when she saw all the ants living in the containor. It is one of the easiest chili's I have ever grown.

Appreciate it Prodigal . If i could only get my peppers to grow like my maters. LOL :whistle:

Always a pleasure to have the clone man check out my grow:)

BeeHunter. Thanks and the plants on the southern side of my house get about 6 hours of direct and a couple indirect. In about 2 months I will move them to a nice shady spot where they will only receive a couple hours of late ( evening) Florida sun. :hot:

Thanks for checking out my grow gunslngr. And yes if your water has lots of chlorine it will destroy the fungi!

Miss Christina's tomatos are huge man!!
I bet she is really proud!!
Now you !!!! stop taking credit! :rofl:

I'm sure JJ's giant cukes taste awesome!!
He can really grow em!!

Great update Jamie!!
Im diggin those gnarly lookin Bhuts!!
You should share the carrot pic broham! It's priceless!

:cool:
Kevin

Thanks Kevin. Just for you here are some pics from today. And I may share the pic of Cristina at the end.

My babies. Over watered but they will survive.

IMG_3270.jpg

Funky BrAiN

IMG_3262.jpg

7 Barrackpore

IMG_3260.jpg

My favorite shot 2 tone yellow scorp of the cardi persuasion

IMG_3258.jpg

And a yummy yellow 7 ripened in about 3 days.

IMG_3255.jpg

And Cris with her first Carrot.

IMG_3233.jpg

Thanks Shane. You are first in line for a nice package . Get some xtra soft shit paper you may need it :whistle:

Thanks Greg, Always feels good coming from one of the best growers around. Here are a couple more pics.

IMG_3259.jpg

Fat BrAiN

IMG_3267.jpg

Chocolate bhut's are spiking up!

IMG_3256.jpg

This is the fattest yellow 7 i have ever seen. It is 3 inches wide .

IMG_3254.jpg

:cheers:

Back