• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Hi Jamie, Looks like you are bringing that young one along in the right manner!
JJ will be writing books about chiles and cooking by the time he's in high school!

Hope your chiles produce like mad this week!
Well, I know they already will, so that was really an unnecessary
comment. Sorry for wasting bandwidth :rolleyes:

Well JSS they have seen better days but I ain't complaing. As they say we need the rain :party: Thanks for watching my reedneck video ;)

Thanks Paul G, yeah I am suprised how fast the pods are growing with very little sunlight lately. And the Brains are :crazy:

Paul B, thanks for watching, and yes the powder from Kevin the pepper warlock is sweeeeeeeeeeet :cool:

Brotha Shane. Hope you had a good weekend. Glad you enjoyed the choc bhut without killing yourself. I agree not much compares to the brains and barrackpores. Well the smoker works great. I even took some almost dried peppers and finished them off in there as well. Gonna grind them into a fine powder tonight. Very anxious to eat them. I did smoke some fresh ones but I ran out of patience and turned the smoker up too 250 and kind of scorched them :flamethrower: . But the wife and I loved them crushed up on are new york strips.

Britt, nice to hear from you as well. Yeah looks like my wife got me the smoker/ grill at just the right time. Now get your butt back state side so I can start sending you some pepper love :D

Here is a pic of JJ on his new grill. He is becoming quite the master :fire:
IMG_3584.jpg

My Favorite FOOOODDDDD yummyyyy

So if you scorched your peppers at 250 degrees, what temperature should the smoker be set at, and how long do you smoke them? I don't need to completely dry them in there, since I have a dehydrator. I just want them in long enough to give them the smoky flavor.

27 pages hah! obviously No one's following this one Jamie, better luck next year :rofl:

oh and btw jamie 110-140 is perfect for smoking if u want to be able to dehydrate them afterwards ;)

27 pages hah! obviously No one's following this one Jamie, better luck next year :rofl:

oh and btw jamie 110-140 is perfect for smoking if u want to be able to dehydrate them afterwards ;)
Good info, Chile Freak!
BTW your Mexican Pepper powder is crazy tasty!

Good info, Chile Freak!
BTW your Mexican Pepper powder is crazy tasty!
appreciate it paul, i spent almost 6 years in new mexico, so I gotta good feel for which mexican peppers sorta go together, the rest we can thank mother nature for giving me some great tasting peppers last season :D

oh and ps 45 minutes or so is more than enough to get mucho smoke though if you like the SUPER SMOKY powder id say a couple hours @ around 110-120 outta do ya right :)

Thanks, man! This is something I really want to try out this fall!
Kudos to you and Mother Nature!

Yea pepper are quit enough reason for me to move the family state side but that bbq is dang close! Lookin awesome. You must have one big family. Look at all that meat!

Thank Paul G and Paul B for answering Bonnie's question. I was super busy with the garden last night so had no time to blog.

Pinoy, you should have been there at the BBQ, JJ cooked the meats to prefection :dance:

Britt, I have a small family but lots of friends so it all worked out and who doesn't like leftovers ;)

So Bonnie you were asking how long I smoked the peppers and at what temp. Well Chef Paul is the man but I will tell all how I did it. I did it ass backward but it seemed to work great. First I froze all the peppers. Then I thawed and sliced . The I dehydrated at the lowest temp possible for 4 days. Then I smoked them for about an hour . Here are a few pics

Before they were smoked

IMG_3588.jpg

The temp gauge on the smoker It is right on 130 degrees awful picture

IMG_3589.jpg

After they were smoked. Still haven't grinded but they have a great mesquite odor and the flavor is wonderful. Now I jst need a respirator. Not looking forward to grinding them tonight. Neither is the family :rolleyes:

IMG_3590.jpg

a little smoke goes a long ways -even 30 minutes will get a good dose in, especially if they are still "wet".....I do em wet ,,,so I get the smell when they dry ;)! Ideally I roast em over wood coals for 20-30 min.....and that does it perfect....and you made up for that aweful temp pic with that big tray of pods and the mischievious smile of the sprout!

Lol. Nice video. Your biggest babies are the same size as my biggest plants. Hahah. Keep up the grow a d I pray to the pepper gods that mine yield and grow like yours.

Denniz

Yes thanks, Chile Freak, for that helpful smoking info! I've written it down, so I'll have it once I actually have ripe pods to smoke. My spouse says he's not sure the smoker can be set to that low of a temperature though. It's one of those upright kinds that uses propane and has a wood chip box. I'm walking a thin line here, as I have to be careful about telling the grillmaster how to do his job ...

Sorry Jamie, didn't mean to hijack your thread. :oops:

Thank Paul G and Paul B for answering Bonnie's question. I was super busy with the garden last night so had no time to blog.

Pinoy, you should have been there at the BBQ, JJ cooked the meats to prefection :dance:

Britt, I have a small family but lots of friends so it all worked out and who doesn't like leftovers ;)

So Bonnie you were asking how long I smoked the peppers and at what temp. Well Chef Paul is the man but I will tell all how I did it. I did it ass backward but it seemed to work great. First I froze all the peppers. Then I thawed and sliced . The I dehydrated at the lowest temp possible for 4 days. Then I smoked them for about an hour . Here are a few pics

Before they were smoked

IMG_3588.jpg

The temp gauge on the smoker It is right on 130 degrees awful picture

IMG_3589.jpg

After they were smoked. Still haven't grinded but they have a great mesquite odor and the flavor is wonderful. Now I jst need a respirator. Not looking forward to grinding them tonight. Neither is the family :rolleyes:

IMG_3590.jpg

awesomeeee :onfire: :onfire:
i would be there in an instant if i live close to u :dance: :dance: :dance:

Thanks Shane. It rained all night so I have to wait and grind the peppers tomorrow shucks ;)

Dave I will have to try that next time. Sounds really yummy. Oh and what type of peppers are in that red X squared sauce . It is :hot: as shiat! And super duper tasty

Denniz glad you enjoyed the vid! :dance:

Bonnie. You can highjack my grow anytime . :P

Pinoy maybe one day :drooling:

So my man Sethsquatch sent me a little package today :dance:

IMG_3593.jpg

Thank you Seth. You know how much of a powder junky I am. Many interesting flavors to enjoy :party:

And took a couple pics in the rain.

IMG_3596.jpg

IMG_3595.jpg

IMG_3597.jpg

Have a safe one peeps!

That Chipotle is totally authentic done on grates with holes in the ground and pecan wood by mexicans. The tabasco is by far my favorite straight up pepper powder. Glad you got them!

Geez man, more freaking rain! Sucks! Those powder Seth sent look really tasty! :dance: Good to see you get a little something in return for your generosity! Plants are loading up once again I see! What's your feeding schedule and what do you feed?

Thanks guys for the comments and a big thanks to you Seth. Bonnie the bottom right is a apple smoked red fatali from Brian ( justaguy). It is a wonderful flake. I am gonna have to get me some apple wood. It sees to make the best powder:)

Shane my man . There is nothing special about my feedings. Every six weeks I spread a healthy amount of blood and bone meal in each containor. About every month I sprinkle a little 10 10 10 granular( not even a handful) . Every week ( just not the last two from all the damn rain which I know we need but my peppers don't) I water in 1/4 srtength mixture of fish emulsion and liquid seaweed( 1 gallon does about 3 to 5 plants). I hit them with some myco blast once a month well after the synthetic's have set it . I aslo spray the leaves with cal mag when the look like they need it. Oh and an occassional baby shampoo bath ;)

Back