• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Just had to stop in and say things are looking great! Been super busy and away from the internets for awhile, so I've been playing catch up a bit tonight. Anyway, I had a red 7 in a burger a couple of nights ago and wow... super hot :onfire: , and a very different taste than the red bhuts. Pretty cool - thanks again for sending them!

Thanks Pinoy. I have been very lucky so far this year. Now move back to the states please.

Finally made the smoky powder. It is like 40 percent this type of pepper. First person to guess what that pepper is and lives in the continental USA will receive a small sample of it :dance:

Unless your name is Denniz. He will know why.

IMG_3601.jpg

i want some wahhhhhh just think that im at the states :party:

Okay people. All are very good guesses but still nobody has hit it. Might want to look at how dark the powder is ( hint hint ). I know I just gave it away. ;) I had some last night and it was extremely :hot: Oh and only one guess per post but you can guess mutliple times .

:dance: And the winner is Brian/ compmodder26. I think I still have your address you lucky dog. :dance: I will pm you anyway:)

I knew that would give it away. It is only 40 pecent chocolate and lots of red supers.

Thanks Gary. One of these days I am gonna come visit and see your amazing grow up close in personal. JJ loves the show swamp people so he would be in hog heavan :party:

Cool! Y'all come on! Maybe knowing I've got real chileheads coming to visit will give me the incentive I need to clean my garden up!

We've got some true swamp rats around here for sure—This is Smithport Lake, about 1.5 miles from my big garden. In the olden days steamboats came up the Red River from New Orleans and docked at Smithport:

Smithport2.jpg

Gary... i miss LA... used to live close to some swampy areas.. (marerro-70072) how far are you from the dome///

Cool! Y'all come on! Maybe knowing I've got real chileheads coming to visit will give me the incentive I need to clean my garden up!

We've got some true swamp rats around here for sure—This is Smithport Lake, about 1.5 miles from my big garden. In the olden days steamboats came up the Red River from New Orleans and docked at Smithport:

Smithport2.jpg
Imonna say Romy Mystery pepper!

That is a TON of powder by the way! Holy cow! I started sneezing when I saw it!

my ass is already burning..... :hell: :silenced:

[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Jamie, I have found( the hard way of course [/background] ;)[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)] ) that if u wait a minute and a half or two after u have ground peppers before removing the lid the powder settles a lot more and u don't mace u or the Fam quite as much! [/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]The pics look great as always! Not to mention the peppers LOL![/background]
[background=rgb(255, 244, 228)]Anywho, keep it coming buddy we all enjoy watching ur peppers grow in that sub tropical rain forest u call home [/background] :D

Just incase....... :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Paul: did you start any Douglah/TSM's?

Jaime: What is the one in the middle, orange and pointy, lookin all sexy :dance: :dance: :dance: ?

Aarron, thanks for checking in on my grow. And thanks for playing . Hopefully there will be many more giveaways :dance:

Sauce master Dave :hot: . Thanks for the tip. I did just what you said and it was not as bad on me. I went in the garage and set up my grinding station. I would fill the coffee grinder up and grind. Then I would pound a beer. When I was done with the beer I then opened the lid and poured out the contents. Wasn't half as bad. And the family didin't even complain once :dance: . And I caught a nice buzz in the process. The little yellow pointy guy is a yellow cardi scorp.

So it has rained evry day but once for 17 days and forcast calls foe more rain today :confused: My plants are still pumping out pods but it has all but killed my maters and some of my younger plants look awful. But I did manage to pick some more peppers last night. Lots of Brains red 7's barrackpores and a few mild guys. Oh and a little shot of my inlaws homeade chili rellenos. Authentic style.

IMG_3603.jpg

Thanks Jamie! I stopped by to see brother Jamie today and, as always, he spread the love. He hooked me up with some of the "Smoked Special Blend" as well as some fresh pods, including his infamous Barracapore. My intention was to get home and try the B-pore. Well I fixed myself a bowl of Kim-chee and proceeded to liberally dust it with his smoked powder. WAY TOO MUCH. Light on smoke, big on flavor, and packin' serious heat. All I can say is beware. I'm learning the hard way that the darker powders are hard too see on some foods. So, the B-pore will probably have to wait until tomorrow. I keep looking at it with a cautious eye.

Back