• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Bill, Holy Mole at that :party:

Thank you again John. The pickled garlic is th shiat :fireball:

Conor, Thank you for the kind words about my powder. Puts a big smile on my face :P

Brother Kevin. I will most likely never achieve your skill level in growing and powder making but thanks to you I am getting better every day :dance:

Big E. Lots of pods ready to pick and send your way. Keep one eye open:)

Time for a quick video update.Very pleased with most of my plants. Just a few ingrounders that need help

Promise. Tonight. Whole mini ghost. Review. I survived the last one but aimed the cam the wrong way. Awesome care packages. And some food presentation. Awesome grow. Pepper people are the best. Nothing like chocolate covered brains. !!

Hi Jamie
I was thinking of you today when I made a pot of Queso Fundido... Finally got the "clog" up. Great video review of your "Green Army". Keep up the good work!

Wow Brother Jamie! Your plants are looking as healthy as can be! Way to keep them happy! Your pods are looking spot on as well! Excellent job!

Jamie, I can't believe your brain, and yellow 7 Trees!! Freakin' amazing! Your yellow 7's look a bit different than the ones I got from Shane. His were more orangeish or something, not exactly sure. Tasty none the less!!! I'm gonna try to over-winter a few plants this year would be nice to have a pepper tree!! Keep up the great work brother.

Emon

Awesome video hopefully the brains and primo grow true. Did you notice a difference in production for the red hab as it gets older? Plants look amazing looks like your about to have another awesome harvest.

Thanks Jeff. I know I should of had Tebow do a cameo :confused: Next time for sure.

Thanks Denniz. Can't wait to see the rematch. Your tolerance is geeting strong!!!

Ricky Ticky ;) Love your clog. I will be watching all winter. Gotta get my gochu fix :drooling:
John(megahot), Thanks for the praise :dance: Still work in progress but should have some nice harvests this Fall.

Eric, the overwinters are a great way to get a head start when you can grow year around. Good luck and keep me posted :party:

John L, My one primo does have a nice brain look to em so I ain't complaing. Hope you are right :woohoo:

Kevin my brotha, thank you and love me some pulp fiction. Classic :fireball:

Fernanado, good to here from ya, funny thing about that red hab. When the temps are right it will throw off many pods. Otherwise it just sputters. Just when I think it is dying It comes back strong. I have never change the pot it is in. Going on 3 years :crazy:

So I decided to make some sauce yesterday with some of the kick ass peppers prodigal_son sent me
Stole Rocketman's ingredients. So it came out perfect :lol: John L I will send you a sample

IMG_3909.jpg

maters
garlic
onions
smoked for about an hour and a half with applewood 200 degrees

IMG_3911.jpg

Added
1/4 cup rice vinegar
1/4 cup lemon juice
1 tablespoon of agave
2 tablespoons of balsamic vinegar
1 table spoon of salt
1/4 cup of water
sprinkled some italian seasoning

Blended and boiled for thirty minutes

IMG_3912.jpg

Blended and simmered for twenty

IMG_3913.jpg

Jarred it up

IMG_3916.jpg

IMG_3917.jpg

Jamie- I'm able to get vids now, doing time at the Oceaneering Hive in Houston, new computer and all;)! Ifinally got a Brown sauce done, but as usual -it needs more heat, so I'm holding out till I can score brown/douglah powder(ahem...Kevin, are you reading this? :woohoo: ) to boost it.Shane will have to put up with a late b-day package-shhh! Don't tell him -he'll never know right? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: .What a lazy way to slip a few NONSUBLIMINAL messages in eh?
Kevin- I thought of the exact same clip when he was "big braining"-too funny.

Loving dog eating peppers angle- one of my Rottie's would do that-just eat the whole thing, he'd get this forlorn look on his face when he'd catch the pods as well...
but he'd just do it again a few days later.

That cookin tray got me starving in high gear-so now it time to go hunt down a big chunk of meat for lunch-chinese food for dinner last night(and the requisite midnight refueling snack)-it just doesn't last with my "jacked up spider monkey on crack " metabolism!

Great vid, Death to Horn worms!
Beers-
Dave

Denniz. That would be romy6fuel via prodigal_son. Bilssuper very had trademarks on what you said :rofl:

Dave, Niced to hear you are able to see vids. This place just ain't the same without you here. Kevin has some smoked douglah powder but I don't think he is coming off any. But he does have plenty of reg douglah powder.I bet that sauce is tasty even if it isn't hot. I will see what he can do for ya :fireball:
I am afraid what will happen when my puppy grows up.It wil be trouble :rolleyes:

Jamie!!! That sauce looks awesome man!!! :dance:
I bet it has quite a nice punch!!

Dave I got what ya need to kick that Brown sauce up a notch!! :onfire:
Mebbe some bartering is in order!! ;)

Kevin

Nice step by step with the sauce. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to make some sauces here, so it's helpful to see what others are doing (and spending a lot of time on that part of this forum). Things are looking great as usual Jamie! Here comes the time of year where we northern growers fade away and you keep strong.

Back