• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2012

So i was gonna cont. my thread from last year but decided I better stay with the norm. I am not allowed to grow indoors( thanks to my better half) so I will not start anything new til late February and they will be germinated outside. Until then I have a nice amounts of plants I will be overwintering.They are as folllows.
2 Brain strain ( wayright )
2 chocolate bhut's( wayright)
4 yellow cardi scorps( wayright)
2 red 7's (THSC)
2 yellow 7's ( judy)
2 hybrid bhut's(redwoodcityseeds)
1 red bhut(CPI)
1 7 pot barrackpore ( roper2008)
1 red savina
1 douglah hybrid(wayright)
1 chocolate habanero( lisa/ gardens 2 grow)
1 african tunisian(gardens 2 grow)
1 chiltepin( garden 2 grow)
1 donne sali( wayright)
1 datil(CPI)
1 dorsett naga( highhalt's 2010 seed swap)
and a couple mystery plants

Here is a pic of some of them as I was bringing them in the Garage. My son JJ was a huge help. This is the latest i have ever had to bring them in .( I say that like I have been growing peppers forever) But last year I had to bring my plants in several times before the new year. :halo:

photo-168.jpg

And my first hybrid bhut with some peas my boy grew. I say that bhut was :hot:
IMG_2872.jpg

Wow Jamie!!! The pain just keeps coming! Glad to see everything going great brother, this week we've been in the low 70's and windy as hell, so kinda shiiitty. Sunday back to mid 80's though so not too bad, hope fully it'll stay there for another few weeks!

Keep it up my brother,

E

P.S. I love that sbj7 keep the pics coming on that one!

Hi Jamie
I came home from work to find your care package in the mail. Thanks guy, you da man!
SANY0185.jpg

I tried a three finger pinch of the powder with supper and found it had a good flavor and a most pleasant burn. 5 stars from me! Are any of the yellow chiles in your package CARDI Scorpions? It looks like red Habs and Nagas in the bottom row too... what are the ones in the top row please? I didn't recognize any of those. It's a most gererous late season selection, and I aim to do it justice in the kitchen just as soon as things slow down a little bit... Thanks so much Jamie!

Thanks chili friends . I honored by your compliments. Yu0 guys inspire me to grow more better :fireball:

Awesome Rick. Can't wait to see what you cook up with them.

Pods are 4 dorsett nagas,1 brain, 1 tobago seasoning, 5 mystery annuums

2 sweet habs, 1 not yellow brain, 1 bhut jolakia hybrid, 4 yellow scorps. :hot:

Things are poppin again brother. Don't count that Not primo out yet,those things put out all kinds of crazy stuff. Your doogies are looking spot on also,I know you have a soft spot for those.Did you get to the game this past weekend? Jadeveon Clowney is a monster. Too good for college ball!

Thank Pia. Much more heat on dem plants.

Johnny Miller. I was in Gainesville but I did not get to the game :confused: . It was a hard pill to swallow but he game was sweet!!! :onfire:

I will be glad to see Jadeveon in the pros next year.

Super stoked about my first home grown Douglah. The wife and I will be eating every last one. Hope it is as hot as the one you sent me :fireball:

Hi Jamie
That is a gnarly-looking pod. Glad you got your babies inside out of the wind! We're pullin' for ya with the approaching storm... Hope you weather it in good shape!

Thanks Stefan . It does look hot!!!

Slick Rick, we dodged the storm. Now we can only pray for you guys up north. It is a nasty one. We had 60 mile per hour winds and when I woke up my heart almost stopped when I went in the backyard. My 7 foot monster annuum was laying flat on the fround. I thought it was toast. But most of the roots seemed to still be stuck in the ground so I restaked it and added a bunch of soil on :party: . Should be okay. Time will tell. Did manage to break my Butch T plant in half. But he was struggling anyway. :confused: All other plants sem okay.

Conor, can't wait for the big game. Should be a great one. Lots of poppers and other hottie being prepared for the grill. Might even have a beer or six ;)
Snapped a few pics

Few peppers in garage

IMG_4000.jpg

Monster bhut was unfazed by Sandy

IMG_4001.jpg

Favorites huddled by front door

IMG_4002.jpg

Better pic of that yellow 7 x chocolate bhut

IMG_4003.jpg

Douglah's for the big game today :fireball:
IMG_4004.jpg

Really excited about this cross. Not Butch T. looks like it is turning yellow :onfire:

IMG_4006.jpg

And my not yellow brain is loading up

IMG_4007.jpg

Go Gators!!!!

Whats up brotha? I'm liken the Yellow 7 x Choc bhut...I plan to grow a sh$tload next year......can't think of a more anticipated cross, and none of mine germed this year!WTF?

What is the cross that "Isn't a BUTCH T"? I concur -looks very interesting.....

My cabin smells like smoked THP!.......When I get powder, I always take some aside and add it to my "communal shaker"....so the combined effort is always shifting around tastewise-always for the better...currently it houses powder from Yourself,Kevin(the master of powder),Shane,Bonnie and Mel , and I'm sure one or 2 others. :dance: :dance: :dance:

Hi Jamie
Thought you'd appreciate the breakfast sandwich I made with your sweet habaneros...I saved the seeds, then chopped them up and added to a couple of beaten eggs. Into the frying pan with some toasted cumin and your smoked powder blend. Meanwhile, I toasted some of my homemade whole wheat/buttermilk/honey bread, slathered on some of my ajvar and added slices of sharp cheddar.
SANY0190.jpg

The pods look great I love the Not Butch T let me know how it is overall. If you need any yellow brain strain seeds just shoot me a pm. Aww man Rick you got me hungry lol looks great.

Brother Dave. The yellow 7 X choc bhut cross is an amazing looking pepper. All of the ones on the plant are huge and in perfect shape. Can not wait to dissect this bad boy. It seems to stay that caramel color. I can only imagine the sauces you will brew up with it next year :party:

The Not Butch T are seeds from Greg ( Pic1). I am not sure where he got the seeds from. I will ax him . I am really excited about it though. I thought it was turning yellow but now it is a bright Orange. Most likely will go red but we will see. If I wait long enough for that.Here is a pic from last night

IMG_4020.jpg

Rick, can I come and stay with you for a week. Your amazing cullinary abilities have me salavating way too much. Thanks for sharing. Will that fit in a small flat rate box :rofl:

Fernando, thanks for stopping bye. I still have tons of yellow brains and from the pods I have tasted they are not much different than my regular yellow 7's so I may give up on them for a while. So many seeds , never enough time, space and soil to grow them all. Thank you though.

But I did manage to pic a boast load of peppers yesterday :fireball:
IMG_4013.jpg

The famous Douglah. Not red for a change. Gonna eat this badboy tonight. I was too scared last night :tear:

IMG_4014.jpg

A couple of nice SBJ7's

IMG_4015.jpg

And my man John ( Prodigal_son) made me think of his old forgotten Bhut yesterday. I have several plants that I put in the ground in June that never seemed to find there niche in my soil. So I too gave up on them and have not given them any ferts in months. One was a chocolate scorpion. It has been about 6 inches tall with only a few wrinkled up leaves since I planted it. Well yesterday I freaked out when I saw this small ripe pod. Peppers are much more hard headed than I thought. It managed to bust out one little pod. Sad for him it will most likely be his first and his last. If Tebow doesn't chew him up I will yank him in a few months for someone else to get a chance. Here is the pathetic little guy

IMG_4017.jpg

IMG_4018.jpg

Happy halloween to all

IMG_4024.jpg

Great pics as usual Jamie! Lots O' pain it looks like. Those SBJ7 are badass when you get a few seeds let me know brother. Keep up the great work!

E

P.S. sorry to hear about your Gators!!

Everyone should have a Douglah in there garden Stefan. A perfect pepper. :party:

I will save you some seeds Big E. PLease don't mention the Gators :mope: Just kidding. Well not really :shh:

Yes, those y7/cb's are going to be one the top priorities this spring...and they have me wondering about crossing a Yellow 7 with a Naga;I would wager Grant has seeds for that already.Sauce? Already have an ingredient list in my head for it ;)!

My choc scorps were late starters all-but they are a great pod to munch with steaks , and they don't leave eviscerated like a mad Brown 7 will.They do not have the sweetish taste associated with red scorps as many have told me, they taste very similar to a Douglah, except without as much of the bitter tang that the placenta has.They are definitely hotter then the Choc Hab(which are just about one the best eating pods all around if you ask me.)

That "not a B-T" is lookin' all bumped up an sultry...let me know how she tastes!

Back