• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Jamie,
That plate of food cooks !

I like the combo of ingredients.

Thanks Greg. One day I hope to be a master grower and cook like yoursel. One day :pray:

:rofl:

I'm guessing he really wants to be good, but sometimes he just can't help himself....

Gary you know your dogs well. It's like your reading Tebow's mind :crazy:

I don't know if this is your first pit or not, they are supper loyal, extra willing to please, and extremely loving.

You really don't even have to train them, they seem to know what you want, if you can convey that of course. Now Rat Terriers are another story...

Scott this is my first pit but several of my good friends have them and that is why I wanted one. They are super smart. Very loyal and nothing like the media leads most to believe . Other than the vegan thang :shame: . Thanks

Jamie you da man! Thanks a million bud! That powder smells absolutely awesome my friend!

Thanks J man. I wish I could claim the powder for my own but that is the Master Wayright who gets all the credit :clap:

Looking great per usual Jamie! I've got some Yellow Cardi's growing up here from the pepper you sent me last year. We'll see how it acclimates in the frozen north. I mean, this time of year it should be full throttle on the pepper production, right?

So Jamie, I got your package a couple of days ago. Thank you! Just now got around to posting a picture. Rather than double-posting, here's a link to the post in my glog. I was wondering what some of the pods are, but after reviewing your posts, I think I've figured out most of them.

Thanks Linda,John, Bill,Buddy, Shane , Andy, and Dave. I am feeling the chili love from all u guys and gals. Actually got a huge compliment yesterday. My actually said how nice my plants look. Almost caused me to faint. ;) But did inspire me to cut a video. Rambled on way too much and was a little longer than I wanted it to be :rolleyes: Only mistake I see is I called my monster chocoalte hab a chocolate bhut :shh:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t_ZcnoS-9dA&list=UUj50MN2HMkx2wV8GOgopFbA&index=1

And I left Tebow out of the vid so though I would post a pic of the good looking guy

Have a safe week all :P

All your big girls are looking so lush & full of flowers, awesome mon! What you doing, or is it just that time of year for us, good rain, good food and lots of spring sun. Everyone’s looking really good great! Had to laugh how you describe the little ones that aren’t doing much as “Slackers,” ROFLMAO! Great job on the video and keep dem coming ^_^

Thanks Ramon. Been feeding them the same( with the extra bone meal mykos boosts) but the warmth and humidity has set them on fire. With peppers it's all about temps . Okay almost all about temps ;) . And some nice rain water don't hurt. Just a little though. :party:

Brent ,I think we were posting on each others grow at exactly the same time. Great minds acting alike. Thank you sir. :lol:

Thanks Ramon. Been feeding them the same( with the extra bone meal mykos boosts) but the warmth and humidity has set them on fire. With peppers it's all about temps . Okay almost all about temps ;) . And some nice rain water don't hurt. Just a little though. :party:

Brent ,I think we were posting on each others grow at exactly the same time. Great minds acting alike. Thank you sir. :lol:

Yep, mine are loving it too, plants tha have yet to ever get pods are podding up. Now, if they'll just hurry up and get ripe :)

Jamie, I sure wish you cooked more often! Or, took more pics of your cooking. It's crazy how much we enjoy seeing your photos of great food.

My brother raised field-trial-champion Labrador retrievers for over 30 years. Yet, he was always amazed at the smart, perceptive pitbulls my son raised. Someone here said they can almost read your mind, that's exactly right! He'd always comment on how most folks have no idea how smart these dogs are. I must admit though, he could have them more obedient in 30 minutes than I could in three days! He had this 6th-sense with animals.

I'm glad you succeed so well in those Florida temps. Gunslinger just told me that he loses very few plants each winter. And, my climate here is almost identical to his. I'm fired-up over the prospect of keeping-alive most of my peppers during winter.

Great vid Jamie. Your plants all look very happy! That FL sun is treating your girls good.

Thanks Brian. When your wife gives you a compliment you have to document it. I should have recorded what she said ;)

Jamie them plants are tall as hell! I can't believe you got your AC running already. I'm jealous! I got my buddy to eat one of them pods you sent me, I think it was a Barrackapore? He was hurting man, it was too funny! Thanks again for that bud!

J man. thanks for stopping bye. The plants really are moving now. You won't be jealous of my electric bill ;) . Yeah even those inmature barrackpore pods will really hit you hard. Glad you enjoyed your friends misery :fireball:

Yep, mine are loving it too, plants tha have yet to ever get pods are podding up. Now, if they'll just hurry up and get ripe :)

Brother Bill. Glad your plants are starting to kick. I see lots of rocketfuel in the near future :hot:

Jamie, I sure wish you cooked more often! Or, took more pics of your cooking. It's crazy how much we enjoy seeing your photos of great food.

My brother raised field-trial-champion Labrador retrievers for over 30 years. Yet, he was always amazed at the smart, perceptive pitbulls my son raised. Someone here said they can almost read your mind, that's exactly right! He'd always comment on how most folks have no idea how smart these dogs are. I must admit though, he could have them more obedient in 30 minutes than I could in three days! He had this 6th-sense with animals.

I'm glad you succeed so well in those Florida temps. Gunslinger just told me that he loses very few plants each winter. And, my climate here is almost identical to his. I'm fired-up over the prospect of keeping-alive most of my peppers during winter.

Ray, glad you stopped bye. Sounds like I need to have your son pay me a visit and learn me a thing or two. I totally agree on the smartness of pitbulls. My daughter always ask why Tebow turns his head to the side when we are talking to him. I say he is trying to read your mind :P And sometimes I belive it. They can feel your vibes from afar.

Growing all year around has many pros and cons. Having pods all year around is priceless but the constant battles that go along with it can be challenging . It is much colder in your parts during the winter so my two cents would be less is better. And with so many new varieties poppping up each year it allows you to grow new stuff every year. Gary and Dave( windchicken and Gunslinger) are amzing growers and aklways willing to share there knowledge. I have tapped into it many times.

Plants are looking awesome brother! You're right about the pod overload...won't be long and you'll be a picking fool! Great to see them so happy...sure hope I can keep some clean and have some second or third year plants in my future. Here's to a great beginning!!! :cheers:

Shane my man!!! Nice to see you are able to pop in. I am amazed at your abilty to grow with hardly any time at home. Maybe that is why you do so well. Less time to baby your plants makes for happier specimans :woohoo:

Back