• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Great shots from the infield of the track.  JJ and his buddy must have been loving it! 

Looks like you had a great 4th.  Great looking harvest, as usual.  Love those not-Orange Primos.  Definitely have the stinger intact. 

Broham, you need to frame that shot for JJ to hang in his room. That's bragging rights there :)

Turned out a friend of my daughters was there. her cousin is on Danica's pit crew. Know you guy's had a blast and a nice harvest to come home to.

Great treat for the kids at the track! Like Bill said frame that pic!

I got hooked on cars watching the vol fire dept. competitions every summer. They had a some 426 Hemi's under their hoods, really radical stuff back then...like 1970 (aging myself:)

Of course the peppers look great too, diggin' those primos.

windchicken said:
Thanks...I don't believe it's environmental, because the other 5 plants in that bed are producing red pods....

I've only ever grown one brown chile, Mulato (C. annuum), and that was 40 miles away in my other garden...  I suppose one of my neighbors could be growing chocolate chinenses but seriously doubt it...

In other NagaBrain news, Plant #7 is producing pods that look just like Dorset Naga, except they're yellow....Pix soon....

G money. That is really cool stuff. Yellow dorset naga. Now that is one I have to taste:) Crazy neighbors growing chocolate chili's :rofl:

WalkGood said:
Looks like you had a blast at the Coke Zero 400, been a long time since I been there … back in the Buddy Baker days, hahah. Great fireworks video mon … must be tuff going back to work today :/

Close up of the killa pods look great and super harvest … you’re doing great \o/ Have an awesome week!

Dang Ray Ray you're showing your age  :shh:  Buddy , that was just before my time. 

GA Growhead said:
Those orange primos look more like yellow primos than the yellow primos. I will be happy in mine go yellow too! That not douglah is HUGE!

Now you sound like Willy Wonka  :rofl:  But I must agree. Both are great chili's but not sure the name fits the pods  :rolleyes:  Yes the not douglah is growing huge and producing massive pods. many more to come. Stay tuned  :hell:

DocNrock said:
Great shots from the infield of the track.  JJ and his buddy must have been loving it! 

Looks like you had a great 4th.  Great looking harvest, as usual.  Love those not-Orange Primos.  Definitely have the stinger intact. 

Thank Brent. It was a fun time for sure. One we will never forget. The not orange primo is a wonderful tasty pod. I will save seeds and get ya some if ya like  :dance:

RocketMan said:
Broham, you need to frame that shot for JJ to hang in his room. That's bragging rights there :)

Turned out a friend of my daughters was there. her cousin is on Danica's pit crew. Know you guy's had a blast and a nice harvest to come home to.

Already framed and sitting on his bedroom desk. Bought  a huge frame for the shirt he signed too.  man next year we will all have to go backstage and see the rockstars.  

Devv said:
Great treat for the kids at the track! Like Bill said frame that pic!

I got hooked on cars watching the vol fire dept. competitions every summer. They had a some 426 Hemi's under their hoods, really radical stuff back then...like 1970 (aging myself:)

Of course the peppers look great too, diggin' those primos.

Thank you Scotty . Now you are sounding old  :liar:  426 hemi now that is some serious power. 
 Thanks Greg. JJ is still on cloud nine . 

Whoo....! Had the larger of your Yellow 7's in an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich this morning, and that one lit me up good! Even got about a dozen hiccups until I scotched them with a mug of coffee. Real tasty though. :mouthonfire:

Trippa said:
Loving the look of those yellow .... Errrmmm I mean orange primos Romy!! Regardless that they are a different colour they look the goods to me!!

They are a great pepper Trip. Wish I could tell what they crossed with. Either way hot and tasty . I will try to get a inside shot the next one I eat. 

Stefan_W said:
Great shots :)

The not orange primo looks great, and I hope my yellow 7s look like that when they ripen.

Thanks for stopping bye Stefan.  I am hoping they do too  :dance:

stickman said:
Whoo....! Had the larger of your Yellow 7's in an egg and cheese breakfast sandwich this morning, and that one lit me up good! Even got about a dozen hiccups until I scotched them with a mug of coffee. Real tasty though. :mouthonfire:

Now that is the best way to start out the morning dawn patrol Rickster   :party: Sinuses nice and cleansed.

Devv said:
I'm lovin' this!

Thank you Scotty. You humble me  :party:

So first I would like to give a shout out to Jason aka  Seacowboy for the generous seeds he sent me from Grant ( junglerain) Anyone that wants to grow some really unique pepper i suggest you purchase some from Grant as well. He is the master of hybrids and the chili community worldwide would be a bad place without him. Here is what Jason sent me. 

choc scorp X barrackpore f2
datil X limon f3
trinidad scorp x pimenta morango variation 4 f6 red
choc bhut x yellow 7 x jonah f2
scorp sunrise X scorp choc f2

Just when I said I was not going to sow anymore seeds this year.  :liar:

STA_4871_zps0ad70db0.jpg

And then I decided to really get the flavor of my not orange primo. No better way than cooked with some garlic and veggies. 

This pepper is by far the hottest yellow pod I have ever had the pleasure of eating. Fresh it is very sweet but followed by a strong chinense flavor. Immediate lip, tongue and mouth burn. Slowly working it's way to the throat and stomach. Cooked in a meal it is much more flavorful. Really brings out the 7 pod in it. Strong citrus flavor with a nice chinense after tone. 

The pod 

IMG_4843_zps11eb4c59.jpg

The inner parts. lots of placenta and oils :fireball:

IMG_4846_zps2140fadd.jpg

IMG_4849_zpsfd727db8.jpg

The meal . I chose St Louis style pork ribs with some of  Rocketman's apple fatali butter as the marinade. It was sweet success :dance:

IMG_4845_zps1fafbd9e.jpg

Cut the not orange primo up with some brocc and garlic

IMG_4851_zps78338f2c.jpg

All went to the grill 

IMG_4853_zps25f03c90.jpg

Ribs came out perfect

IMG_4854_zpscc9e6805.jpg

IMG_4860_zps24dcc380.jpg

And my stomach is quite warm and full 

IMG_4869_zpsfc000228.jpg

Good night to all and good day to our western peeps.  :party:

Leave you with my first MoA seedling. Thank you Ray Ray

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/romy6/IMG_4873_zps2972e089.jpg

That is one wicked looking pod!!! You said not Orange Scorp...then said Primo later. Which is it? Looks like a picture perfect Yellow Primo to me! Who cares if it was supposed to be orange! :party: The ribs look awesome! I had way too much good food on my vaca...gotta hit the diet back hard!!! Great score on some one of a kind seeds too! Get them puppies in some soil ASAP!

Jamie, just had to pull the car over and login to say wow, first class post brethren. Nice close up of  the “not Orange Scorpion,” then cut in half with a great taste description … I love it \o/ ... Topping it off you almost made me wreck da car with your foodie … out of dis world mon! Great job and congrats on da MoA seedling busting up from mama earth, I’m betting in less than 5 months you’ll have some awesome Scotch Bonnet pods.

stc3248 said:
That is one wicked looking pod!!! You said not Orange Scorp...then said Primo later. Which is it? Looks like a picture perfect Yellow Primo to me! Who cares if it was supposed to be orange! :party: The ribs look awesome! I had way too much good food on my vaca...gotta hit the diet back hard!!! Great score on some one of a kind seeds too! Get them puppies in some soil ASAP!
 Shane my man. I should not post pass my bed time. It was the not orange primo. I have edited post and thanks for the attention to detail. Gonna get a few of those crazy crosses in some dirt asap. 

WalkGood said:
Jamie, just had to pull the car over and login to say wow, first class post brethren. Nice close up of  the “not Orange Scorpion,” then cut in half with a great taste description … I love it \o/ ... Topping it off you almost made me wreck da car with your foodie … out of dis world mon! Great job and congrats on da MoA seedling busting up from mama earth, I’m betting in less than 5 months you’ll have some awesome Scotch Bonnet pods.

Ray, glad you were able to check in. Can't wait to chomp down on a MoA. So November be on the look out for some grad a pods:) Be safe on your journey brethren. 

Dang Jamie, besides growing great pods, you appear to be a master chef also.  When are you going to appear on "Hell's Kitchen" ????? :rofl:

Keep up the great work buddy.

Nice pics of the Primo-looking Yellow 7 and the foodie bro'! Both looked super tasty. I'm doing Korean grilled chicken today for supper with the sister the sister, and Jerk tomorrow or Monday... you've got me thinkin' 'bout ribs for later though... :drooling:

Beautiful pod there Jamie!

Nice description of the taste!

Great score on the seeds too!

Those ribs...yum! I have some BabyBacks slow cooking on the pit as I typo!

Plate shot is fantastic!

Back