• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Devv said:
I'd put up a pic of the Shiner I'm drinking...but that would be work...long day..

Cheers Scott!!!

Bodeen said:
Looks good.  What is this infused salt stuff?
  I am not sure the process Raymon used. Sometimes it involves fermenting peppers and salt . I suppose others just mix some ground peppers and salt together. Whatever he did it is superb licious. 

WalkGood said:
Happy to read you are injoying it, almost sounds like a long weekend for ya ... sure wish I had one dis week ^_^

Ray Ray. I finally can understand what the hype on the MoA scotch bonnet is all about. This peppers has more than lived up to it's name for my taste buds. Maybe the juiciest chinense I have ever had the pleasure of eating. Almost reminds me of a Manzano pepper. Citrusy but sweet with a nice heat level . And great all around burn. Glad I have two little guys growing from your A seed stock. 

Great steamed with zucchini.

photo_zpsa3a31f37.jpg

Yum those Zukes look really good, never have had them kicked up a notch like that...it's on my list!

We have been making them sliced with butter, onions, garlic, and when close to done add Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan  cheese....worth a try!

windchicken said:
Looking good J-Daddy! Beautiful chiles.

Thank you G money. 

Devv said:
Yum those Zukes look really good, never have had them kicked up a notch like that...it's on my list!

We have been making them sliced with butter, onions, garlic, and when close to done add Italian bread crumbs and Parmesan  cheese....worth a try!

I highly recommend you try it Scotty. YOu will love it. 

So I wanted to share the two amazing sfrb's I got today. Both are PA chili growing machines. They must have some fertile land in dem parts. POds are Huge. 

One from Brian ( justaguy) 

photo_zps8a7c3fcb.jpg

And another from John ( prodigal_son) 

photo_zps82441157.jpg

These two pods are so perfect I may just frame them 

photo_zps16e4f27b.jpg

Salute mi amigos. You PA boys kick ass 

Thanks to Raymon for the infused salt . Great with the Don

photo_zpsbe572457.jpg

Devv said:
Very nice!

congrats on the THP love!
 Thanks Scott. it is a great bunch of chilheads we have. 

WalkGood said:
Wow dem some smexy pods and big ... beautiful pics :)

Yes sir dem PA boys sure grow some big peppers!!!! 

Justaguy said:
Glad they made it.

Thanks Brian. Jimmy's on the grill tonight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RocketMan said:
Love the Don and can only imagine how that salt added to it but then, the Don is great just by itself :)

Yes Bill the Don is sweet until the next day.  ;)

Well the love just keeps a comimg . Rick aka stickman just sent me a bottle of his blueberry smoked choc o goodness. Thank you brother man!!!

photo_zps83eb8d3c.jpg

And a shot of my not Douglah. I had to bring him out and de aphid his ass.  :onfire:

photo_zps2f38c075.jpg

Oh the Mourouga from pepperproblem via Nigel  is coming around as well.  :fireball:  :fireball:
photo_zps10acf5df.jpg

WalkGood said:
She looks good great in the picture and her pods are so dam tasty, I love your not Douglah's flavor! What did you use to de-aphid her?                

I used Bayer Advanced garden and vegetable spray. Kills on contact. Just have to wait 7 days to harvest any fruit so I always harvest before I use it. This plant is a beast.  :flamethrower:

Devv said:
Nice score on the hotsauce, Rick does some nice work!

Nice Moruga, I'm still waiting for pods from mine.

Tebow find that pot?

Thanks Scotty. Ricky got skillz. :fireball:

Hopefully get some pods from that morouga by December.  :dance:

Tebow is not allowed near my side yard   ;)

romy6 said:
I used Bayer Advanced garden and vegetable spray. Kills on contact. Just have to wait 7 days to harvest any fruit so I always harvest before I use it. This plant is a beast.  :flamethrower: ...
Thanks for info, I did try a Bayer product once, can't recall what it was called but it was supposed to be organic and IIRC it did a good job till the bugs got use to da juice and I stopped using it. Hope you chase dem away kill dem all :D

Bodeen said:
Another Nardello fan!!!  Have you tried grilling the Dulce Rojo paprika pepper.  I think it is even sweeter than the Jimmy.
It definitely is, but the Kapia peppers are even sweeter... fleshier too, but a long season for an Annuum.

Lookin great Jamie!  Those pods are pretty freakin perfect gotta love that shape and color! 

Those nards are great aren't they!  Brian sent me a few a couple seasons back, really awesome pepper.

Back