• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

romy6 said:
My douglah plant is greening up. It seems to require more ferts than any other of my plants .

I noticed that with mine too, must be a varietal trait.

romy6 said:
I have always said you cannot grow a pubescens in Florida. Hope I can prove myself wrong
Rocoto

Think partial shade... if you don't have a suitable place in your yard, maybe you could put up a canopy of shade netting?

romy6 said:

This pic would make a great Christmas card for sure!

Everything looks great Jamie, but we've come to expect it from you... ;)  Hope you and your family have a great T-day! What's on the menu?

Devv said:
Nice story about the pepper that could.

Have great Thanksgiving and enjoy the family time!

Thank you Scotty. You have a great and spicy Thanksgiving as well.

stickman said:

I noticed that with mine too, must be a varietal trait.

Think partial shade... if you don't have a suitable place in your yard, maybe you could put up a canopy of shade netting?

This pic would make a great Christmas card for sure!

Everything looks great Jamie, but we've come to expect it from you... ;)  Hope you and your family have a great T-day! What's on the menu?

Thanks Rick. I will keep them in the shade come summer time but right now they are really enjoying the fall weather here. Both plants are growing fast and looking breen .

Going to the folks house for a traditional Turkey dinner per usual. Of course I will have a bag of some tasty powder to give it a kick . You have a great Thanksgiving. What you cooking up Rickster?

KiNGDeNNiZ said:
Hope all goes well with your new babies
And your soon to be babies

Thanks Denniz. Working on getting a aerogarden to start up my seeds you sent me  :party:

WalkGood said:
Sir Jamie excellent foodie and great pics!!! Stopped in to catch up and wish you & yours an awesome T-Bird Day mon!!!

Thank you sir Ramon. My Turkey day was outstanding. Hope your was as well.  :fireball:

So I picked a peck of peppers yesterday. Lack of sunlight this time of year really makes for some unhappy plants  :confused:  Just need to milk the along for a few more months then it is on. 2013 was great but hoping for even more in 2014. So a very interesting plant is producing some very interesting pods. 

Here is the plant. It was supposed to be a Jay's red scorp/bhut

photo_zps3a73313c.jpg

As you can see it is not. The pods refuse to ripen. So I am calling these the green naga hornet bombs  :liar: . The first true green super hot pepper  :shh: But seriously. Very unusual to say the least . 

photo_zpsff1b5e39.jpg

The bottom row are the hornet bombs are as we like to call them not jays reds. They seem to have a slight mustard coloration towards the stem of the pod. And upon cutting it open the oils are placenta are thick. Seeds look good so I am assuming from the softness this is a ripe pod. 

photo_zps61a4ea77.jpg

Has a strong bhut aroma with a slight floral/green fragrance. Almost mustard colored walls. Samples a small sliver. It stated out tasting slightly green but only for a brief second. The it took a typical bhut flavor with some nice citrus aftertaste. Took a few seconds for the heat to kick in but when it did it lasted a good ten minutes and I only a sliver. Per my brother prodigal_son I will be leaving a few pods on the plant to almost rot to make sure it is not a abdominally. Really interested to see what a f2 pod will look like.

Stay tuned :fireball:   

meatfreak said:
That looks really interesting, Jamie. Your right about those pods being ripe, you can see the seeds are in perfect condition. Put me on the list for some seeds please ;) wouldn't mind growing out a few.

I was hoping someone would offer to grow these babies out. Sending you a pm asap. Thank you. 

jedisushi06 said:
They would make an excellent green hot sauce.

Great minds think alike Mikey  :hotsauce:  :hotsauce:  :hotsauce:

Things are always cookin' here, brother.  Great looking winter pods you have goin'!
Good luck getting those plants through the next few months.

Great story Jamie, glad to know it's coming back and betting next year it's going to kick em out like no bodies business.

Starting to get my list together for Pepper Row, I think this is the hardest part sometimes, trimming the list.

Morning  Brother J-
There is no better way to use yellow powder then breakfast;)!

I am eye'n those greenies......and these dots, they show that I bolted in the middle of this and for a dose of eggs and yellow powder :dance:
....not just a sneeze or 2 when I popped the top(the shaker has just enough space between the hinged pop up lid and the holes to hold a healthy dose of ...AH,...AH....AH....CHOOOOOOOOOOO :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

That 7 Chag is a good one-I couldn't dispose of 2 I pulled last year so they sat on the sidelines in pots....and I waited on every pod, needless to say, they go back in the ground this year!

Looking awesome Jamie!  Took me awhile to catch up here.  Really enjoyed the story of the little plant that could.  Nice tribute to pepperproblem.  Also, very nice review on the moruga, good description.

Also, I'm struck by the way your harvests come out.  You don't tend to have that one big harvest.  Instead, it's like a million nice sized harvests throughout the entire year.  Consistently putting out pods, except for that short stretch of time where it's too hot.  I bet you'd fill a freezer if you froze them all, that's got to add up.  Well done.  

Take care brother.

Back