• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

What are the small red peppers. They are so good. I can just pop em in and chew em up. Great harvest. In January. Crazy

Mystery Annuums FTW!!!!!!!!!! :dance: I love those things too!

oh man, ribs....macncheese....baked beans.....corn.....its like a summertime feast! Only in the middle of January. Keep doing it right Jamie!!!

Jamie very nice update with the pics of 7 pot brown loaded with flowers, I’m sure that you’ll be stoked when more than half will pod up, I have no doubts :). That Dorsett Naga looks great for being 2 YO, I only have 3 plants over 3 years and one looks like a dump, lol. Fortunately the other 2 are my hard core producers, keep her on staff as long as possible :)

Sucks to hear about the aphids issue on the yellow scorpion but hey we do have benie’s living where we live. Only down side is fighting the bugs :/ as you know my in-grounds have been attacked by nematodes and those underground wars are a bitch, keeping the battle above ground gives one the advantage of viewing your progress against the enemy, wage dat war mon, I’m sure you’ll win!

Nice looking Douglah and with fringe benefits to boot!!! Nice pics and specially dem Bhut hybrids, certainly look beautiful :) Wow primo’s podding, take some close ups for me when they make that color change, I’m interested in seeing how they turn out …

… Saturday night we found saome fatt T bone steaks at WD that were half price. The meat was so tender it melted in you mouth and you could cut it with a butter knife. Took the fattest douglah hybrid and make a spicy topping for the wife and I. It was :hot:
Dam you and these great food stories of steak & dem ribs! I just finish lunch and thinking of eating again while sitting around drooling, lol. Great money shots to show off the wonderful food, steak one of my fav’s! BTW that onion and pepper sauce looks a little like my sofrito starter, great minds think alike, heh. I love it on steak or anything, bet it’s much hotter than mine with the douglah hybrid VS the JA Hab :)

Take care and WalkGood mon \o_
Ramon

Dude I thought we were buds. Had a friendship starting to develop. Thought we had some things in common. Could talk with each other and stuff. Then you post a picture of a T-bone. Cooked on the grill. I was feeling good bro, felt like one with you. Then I seen it. I couldn't believe my eyes! I had to skip past it real quick like the first time. Then I snuck up on it, just a little at a time. You murdered it man. You just as well thrown it onto the ground, stepped on it a few times. What is that brown stuff all over the beef? Don't tell me! Never mind I don't wanna know. Maybe I can forget I saw it I don't know. I'll try. I'll just skip page 6 from now on.

Good luck with the grow and better luck getting rid of the freaking aphids.

Jamie wow I really fell behind your look amazing and all those pepper flowers and pods what more can a chilihead want to see through the winter. Your 2013 list looks amazing along with the food mmm.

Dude, it's not even breakfast time yet here on the left coast and now I'm hungry. Damn. Some good lookin' chow you've got there!

Thanks Doc. I think I ate enough meat for all of us this weekend:)

Can you mail cooked T bones

The bone is in the mail Jeff. I hope the drug dogs don't confiscate it. ;)

Everything is looking awseome man!!!
Thanks Bodeen. Nice to see you checking in :party:

Mystery Annuums FTW!!!!!!!!!! I love those things too!

oh man, ribs....macncheese....baked beans.....corn.....its like a summertime feast! Only in the middle of January. Keep doing it right Jamie!!!

Hey Rob, The mystery annuum is back in action and waiting for spring to bust out of her shell. It's always summer time at my house .

Jamie very nice update with the pics of 7 pot brown loaded with flowers, I’m sure that you’ll be stoked when more than half will pod up, I have no doubts . That Dorsett Naga looks great for being 2 YO, I only have 3 plants over 3 years and one looks like a dump, lol. Fortunately the other 2 are my hard core producers, keep her on staff as long as possible

Sucks to hear about the aphids issue on the yellow scorpion but hey we do have benie’s living where we live. Only down side is fighting the bugs :/ as you know my in-grounds have been attacked by nematodes and those underground wars are a bitch, keeping the battle above ground gives one the advantage of viewing your progress against the enemy, wage dat war mon, I’m sure you’ll win!

Nice looking Douglah and with fringe benefits to boot!!! Nice pics and specially dem Bhut hybrids, certainly look beautiful :) Wow primo’s podding, take some close ups for me when they make that color change, I’m interested in seeing how they turn out …

Dam you and these great food stories of steak & dem ribs! I just finish lunch and thinking of eating again while sitting around drooling, lol. Great money shots to show off the wonderful food, steak one of my fav’s! BTW that onion and pepper sauce looks a little like my sofrito starter, great minds think alike, heh. I love it on steak or anything, bet it’s much hotter than mine with the douglah hybrid VS the JA Hab

Take care and WalkGood mon \o_
Ramon

Ramon, always a pleasure . Your attenton to everyone's growlog has me estonished. Aphids don't even bother me anymore. It is just part of the game. Great minds do think alike. As soon as a primo matures I will post some pics. These are not the first pods on this plant. Last time they went from orange to red. Not the pronounced tail like most primos but all the other traits are there.

This was my first encounter with romys powders

That is classic Denniz. I could watch that 1000 times :dance: Thank you

Aahahahaaa Denniz. That's exactly how I felt. An it snuck up on me.

Thank you Pia. Don't fear the creaper :onfire:

Dude I thought we were buds. Had a friendship starting to develop. Thought we had some things in common. Could talk with each other and stuff. Then you post a picture of a T-bone. Cooked on the grill. I was feeling good bro, felt like one with you. Then I seen it. I couldn't believe my eyes! I had to skip past it real quick like the first time. Then I snuck up on it, just a little at a time. You murdered it man. You just as well thrown it onto the ground, stepped on it a few times. What is that brown stuff all over the beef? Don't tell me! Never mind I don't wanna know. Maybe I can forget I saw it I don't know. I'll try. I'll just skip page 6 from now on.

Good luck with the grow and better luck getting rid of the freaking aphids.

Patrick, you crack my fat ass up. I knew I would get a few comments about the hot sauce on my t bone. That is just how I roll. Like the not douglah wasn't enough spice for me ;)

Jamie wow I really fell behind your look amazing and all those pepper flowers and pods what more can a chilihead want to see through the winter. Your 2013 list looks amazing along with the food mmm.

Fernandooooooooo my brother. How is lfe ? Thanks for the props. Hope my 2013 list lives up too my standards.

Just an update on my seedlimgs. Been about 9 days and not one sprout. It has been a little too cold though so I will be patient. Here is a pic of my favorite brain pod last year to hold us over

IMG_3673.jpg

It must feel like a constant "High" to be able to grow peppers year round. My season ends in October, it's kind of a deflating feeling then. But I'm buzzing now (or maybe its just the light ballasts) that my seeds are sprouting . Looking at your food , plants and that last shot of the gnarley Brain St is getting me all hyped....brotha. Makes me want to go home and raise the lights up a notch, cause I know dem plants are on da move.

What does that saucy "T" on the steak stand for ?.......terrific?........probably..... :cool:

It must feel like a constant "High" to be able to grow peppers year round. My season ends in October, it's kind of a deflating feeling then. ... ...
IIRC you're not far from retirement, give me the word and I'll start looking for your retirement pad in sunny South FL (with lots of land), den you too can grow year round :) That said, knowing your grow techniques you'll come down here and show us all up :D

You have some mighty fine lookin food in those BBQ pics. The steaks are making me hungry, and I just finished eating 15 minutes ago!

I just went back and re-read.... There is a barrakpore somewhere in those peppers? Oh lord! The last one you sent me almost sent me into a coronary arrest.

It has it's high's and lows Greg. When they are lush and budding I am high. When they are yeller,infested, or full of fungus I am low :rolleyes:

Ramon, Greg would make us all look like fools. I don't think he would leave his windy city anyway ;)

Stefan , us rednecks love are BBQ. Get your butt out of that arctic tundra and join us :rofl: Plus I want some of your amazing chicken wings you are always showing :fireball:

Momma mia pappa Pia. Those barrackpores are a little on the small size but still packing plenty of heat :mouthonfire:

It has it's high's and lows Greg. When they are lush and budding I am high. When they are yeller,infested, or full of fungus I am low :rolleyes:
Excellent description, I could not have said it better ^_^

Ramon, Greg would make us all look like fools. I don't think he would leave his windy city anyway ;) ...
I agree, note how he didn't respond to my offer, lol. In all seriousness, I have friends that live there as well and they wouldn't move even if it were not for their families and friends ...

Excellent description, I could not have said it better ^_^

I agree, note how he didn't respond to my offer, lol. In all seriousness, I have friends that live there as well and they wouldn't move even if it were not for their families and friends ...
I passed on some property on the West coast years back, turned into a Landlord up here.I wouldn't mine a place for a six month (winter) getaway....ha But that's not going to happen. Our travels sre usually to different places each year...Dam

Back