• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2013

Well 2012 is old news so time to push onward. It was a great year for me pepperwise. If you did not get a chance to follow me last year and would like to check it out here is the link http://thehotpepper.com/topic/27252-romy6-2012/. It will save me from explaining my grow and being redundant. I am an outdoor grower only from start to finish. I try to keep my aphid /bug colonies to a minimum while batteling the temps as while growing in east central Florida. I plan on growing many other new varieties in a few months so keep an eye out. Until then I wish a great grow for all and look forward to following all of your grows. After fighting off the tequilla hangover this moring I managed to stumble along and pick my first harvest of the new year. Some yellow 7's, yellow scorps, yellw scotch bonnets with a tail, hybrid bhut, not douglah, mystery annums, choc hab , cho bhut bhut and a choc bhut x yellow 7 f3. Winter pods are always a little funky looking IMHO :rolleyes:

:dance: Happy New Year :dance:

IMG_4283.jpg

Wow!! Tremendous harvest! I've come to the conclusion that you'll never run out of pods.

I watched the vid, tons are ripening...I know you give a lot away, but what do you do with all of them?

Jamie's pepper shack.

And I'm bad, I didn't do any foodies this weekend, LB and I worked all weekend in the garden, and processing the peppers,maties, and corn. I have garlic and onions to harvest but decided to have a few beers:)

Soon it will be just peppers.

Thanks again,

Scott

Man I picked some today as well, though I'm thinking yah got me beat by a few SFRBoxes.  I would offer tah trade some seeds for a few of those Chocolate seeds but you probably have everything I'm growing already..... :dance:

Holy guacamole.  That is some haul.  Plants look superb.  Only you can make that big a pull in the beginning of June.  Sheesh.

DocNrock said:
WOW!!!  To quote "Red,"  Cheech Marin's character in Cheech and Chong's Next Movie:  "Holy Sheeps#!t"
 Oh love me some up and smoke. Thank you sir  :high:

Devv said:
Wow!! Tremendous harvest! I've come to the conclusion that you'll never run out of pods.

I watched the vid, tons are ripening...I know you give a lot away, but what do you do with all of them?

Jamie's pepper shack.

And I'm bad, I didn't do any foodies this weekend, LB and I worked all weekend in the garden, and processing the peppers,maties, and corn. I have garlic and onions to harvest but decided to have a few beers:)

Soon it will be just peppers.

Thanks again,

Scott
 Scott, i send some to friends, sell some, make some sauce and powder. Always something going down. I hear ya on soon just peppers. Heat already got my cukes and don't think my maters will last long either. Thank you 

roper2008 said:
Does rocketman sell his sauces?

Not yet Linda but he is seriously considering it. He would make a fortune . 

stc3248 said:
Thing of freakin beauty right thur brotha...take your hats off folks, you're in the presence of greatness!

Thank you Shane. Just trying to kep up with you brother  :party:

WalkGood said:
[SIZE=12pt]Hat’s off Jamie \o_ [/SIZE]

Back at ya Ray!!!

Prehensile said:
Man I picked some today as well, though I'm thinking yah got me beat by a few SFRBoxes.  I would offer tah trade some seeds for a few of those Chocolate seeds but you probably have everything I'm growing already..... :dance:

Rod. I am sure I could send you some seeds . Just pm me your addy. 

Pr0digal_son said:
Sweet pull brother! Always seems like the first few take forever and then you get overwhelmed. You owe J.J. 9 holes for all that work.

JB, looks like some of your harvests from last year.  And I owe JJ 18 holes . Thank you 

Sanarda said:
Holy guacamole.  That is some haul.  Plants look superb.  Only you can make that big a pull in the beginning of June.  Sheesh.

Momma mia poppa Pia!! Thanks for all the kindness. 

So last night I finally tried my first yellow primo. From the looks I was expecting fire but really was not too bad. tasted very much like a typical yellow 7 pod. Very clean, no earthy aftertaste.Citrusy aroma and flavor .  Thin walls with very little mature seeds. This was the first and largert pod and never seemed to ripen fully. I am sure the next pods will have more heat. Great pepper though. Went well with my steak last night. :party:

IMG_4693_zps0094d329.jpg

IMG_4695_zps2812327a.jpg

IMG_4698_zps5d151b05.jpg

IMG_4699_zps6bc0cec6.jpg

STA_4703_zpse61b71b2.jpg

And after filling 6 SFRB's I still have a bucket load of peppers  :fireball:

photo_zpscc5c838b.jpg

Dayumit, Jamie! it's official: ya tryin' to KILL ME! Oh yes. Yes! Yes you are! 1. That table with wonderful young man and those pods for days and days and days :drooling: . 2. That steak and yel primo and and and corn and and b-e'ed peas :drooling: x infinity, and and 3. your generosity in sending out pods. Thank you! Just freakin' . . . :dance:

*** “Two things are infinite: the universe and Jamie’s grow and I'm not sure about the universe.”

***Quoted ½ from Al Einstein and second half from WG’s observations, hehe

Brethren you gotz me good with the foodie tonight, I’m at work till 8:00 PM no time to eat till I leave and now I’m freaking starving :/ Awesome job!!!

Man Jamie, you're livin' la vida loca! Those peppers be goin' crazy on yo' a$#! Good work brother, and the "Bobby Q" looks good to boot! Schwing!

annie57 said:
Dayumit, Jamie! it's official: ya tryin' to KILL ME! Oh yes. Yes! Yes you are! 1. That table with wonderful young man and those pods for days and days and days :drooling: . 2. That steak and yel primo and and and corn and and b-e'ed peas :drooling: x infinity, and and 3. your generosity in sending out pods. Thank you! Just freakin' . . . :dance:
 Thanks Ann. And JJ said gracias as well. I know how to make a fellow redneck's stomach rumble girlfriend:)

Devv said:
I'm thinking the peppers are taking over the house!

And what a nice fragrance when they're cooked :dance:

Steaks looks wonderful, livin' large in Fla!
 Thanks Scotty. Time for evryone to move to Florida . Not!!!! :rofl:

koskorgul said:
Holy hot pod harvest batman

Nice harvest,
I started getting some flowers on mine now so hopefully it wont be long till I am seeing pods

Nice bro. Hopefully your table will be filled with pods soon . :dance:
windchicken said:
Beautiful harvest J-Daddy! Wow!

JJ is getting big too!

G man. Your telling me. Just yesterday I was holding my boy giving him a bottle. Now look at the stud :party:
MGOLD86 said:
Now that is a harvest, must be nice to be in Florida....lol!  But it is gonna be a great summer for you brother!
Brother Matt. Wating for a few yellow primos to ripen then I will demand your first review of 2013. No excuses mate

WalkGood said:
*** “Two things are infinite: the universe and Jamie’s grow and I'm not sure about the universe.”

***Quoted ½ from Al Einstein and second half from WG’s observations, hehe

Brethren you gotz me good with the foodie tonight, I’m at work till 8:00 PM no time to eat till I leave and now I’m freaking starving :/ Awesome job!!!

Man Ray if I had a dollar for every time you got me on a foddie shot. Trying to get even bro. Thank you

stickman said:
Man Jamie, you're livin' la vida loca! Those peppers be goin' crazy on yo' a$#! Good work brother, and the "Bobby Q" looks good to boot! Schwing!
 Rick , quite a compliment coming from you. I love your dawn patrols. Your grow kicks serious ass. But you need to post more food shots cause you are a cullinary master :dance:

romy6 said:
 Rick , quite a compliment coming from you. I love your dawn patrols. Your grow kicks serious ass. But you need to post more food shots cause you are a cullinary master :dance:

Consider my arm twisted... ;)  I'm feelin' de African rhythms mon... I'll post some pics of "yardbird on a stick" (as Ramon calls it)... I have some chicken marinating in the fridge for Moroccan Chicken kebabs. Some yellow rice and spicy Collards with tomatoes and preserved Lemon should round it out nicely.

Damnit Jamie...by the time I can get to sending pods to a newbie you'll have already killed them all! :rofl: That's alright, I'll just put a couple bowls of hell like you got into our lunchroom and let all the macho military guys kill themselves with them...of course I am still a month or two from that. Keep up the greatness brotha, said it before and I'll say it again...folks like you are the only reason I am still on this site! 

Back