• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Nulle said:
They are absolutely georgeous together. :D  More pics :pray:

Will do . Thank you Nulle :)

compmodder26 said:
That Lava looks gorgeous Jamie!  Great looking plant.  Of course, the others you posted are no slouches either.  Looking good brother!

Thanks Brian . Hopefully they will remain pest free  :pray:

Penny said:
Awww that picture of Tebow and Ally, is sooooo cute!
 Grassy ass Penny  :lol:

Devv said:
Plants are kickin' in there Jamie!

Really glad to see that things are in full swing.

Precious pic of Tebow and Ally, Tebow is one gentleman!

Nothing compared to your grow fest but much obliged 

Barley-pop57 said:
Jamie,

Everything looking good----The kids, the dogs and the peppers !!!  I still haven't gotten up the courage to try the galapoenese grow yet but IA weather is way different than FL's.....LOL     I'm not sure what a ropica pepper is either---is it a cross ?? 

Anyway buddy looks like all is well with you.  We just had a 78 degree day yesterday only to wake up to 23 degrees today---bet that would shock your peppers...LOL 

As always con't good luck bro

Nice to see you around Mikey . Always a pleasure . The Rocopica is a cross with a rocoto and a Ulipica ( c. cardenesii )   . It looks like a miniature rocoto and from what I have heard is quite tasty. 

annie57 said:
Lava volunteer here! Those pics of Tebow and Ally (and yeah, your "baby girl" was trying not to grin big-time). So CUTE! I have perfect faith that you, sweet Jamie, will stick those pubes in a bucket of ice if necessary!

And Jamie, darling, if you're having concerns with your son growing up . . . (my mother says, "Don't worry: let always come back"), when does your daughter get to even date? Okay. Dumb question. Never mind.

I do have faith in you and the manzano :party: . Peace, sweetie!

Thanks Annie nut I don't think Judy wants me to send out any pods just yet so I will have to be the lucky guy to try a few  :mouthonfire: . I will most likley let my daughter date when she reaches her late thirties or early forties . I am glad you have faith in my manzano cause it is heating up here in the swamp . 

jedisushi06 said:
http://www.bonide.com/products/product.php?category_id=252

Here you go buddy.  Kills mites better than anything iv'e found!

Great link Mike will be sure to get some soon  :)

And a quick peek at my Birgit Locoto. Many flowers and pods forming. A must grow for anyone who likes a easy tasty pepper in their garden . 

photo_zps8f5ee57d.jpg

romy6 said:
I hope my boy continues to play until 21 or older . I dread the day he moves out on his own and wants very little to do with me. Hopefully that will never happen . 

Thank you Nulle. I will be sure to show her off in between pepper updates. 

Thank you Penny . 

Thank you J man. I love watcthing my son play any sport. The Lava has be bewildered on it;s fast growth. Should have pods soon. That would be like 60 days from sprout  :crazy:

Thank you Scott. Tebow loves Ally ( aka Alberta) . They are like two peas in a pod  :cool:

He loves her a bunch Penny. Thank you for asking . 

No problem Shirley  :lol:  I don't recommend anyone buying an AeroGarden ( wait now they are called a Miracle Garden  :snooty: ) they are useless  :liar:

Quick update then back to work 

Speaking of Aero my round two plants are doing well. Have a really nice Rocopica and Galapagoense thanks to JB ( prodigal_son ) . That guy rocks the pepper community . 

Rocopica 
photo_zpsf6d057aa.jpg

Galap 

photo_zps94cc5486.jpg

The previous Aero dweller are exploding outdoors with flowers and new foliage

photo_zps6217db1f.jpg

Even have a few babies starting to dial in. It's all about proper temps. Does not matter what you feed them 

photo_zps023cf542.jpg

The Lava is crazy.Huge !  Can't wait to let someone else try a pod  ;) Only get about 5 hours of sunlight . 

photo_zps92e1b151.jpg

photo_zps61c14041.jpg

And back by popular demand Ally the new pepper head

photo_zpsaaf3aea4.jpg

For those fine folk who ask'd how Tebow was liking the new Puppy . Pics say a thousand words -

photo_zps2822ef6c.jpg
nice plants and nice pooch!  looking good my friend, looking good.

Jamie, have you used any of those samples from Xtreme gardening yet, if so, how they seem to do?

Ally's a cutie pie, she looks like a dog my mom used to have. Can't remember the exact breed but the coloring is almost spot on. Infact they called her Penny for the copper color in her coat.

Plants are looking great and that Lava is going crazy! 

Nice to have our Florida weather back :)

buddy said:
nice plants and nice pooch!  looking good my friend, looking good.

Thank you Terry. U da man . 

Devv said:
Beam me up Scotty!!!!!!!!!

RocketMan said:
Jamie, have you used any of those samples from Xtreme gardening yet, if so, how they seem to do?

Ally's a cutie pie, she looks like a dog my mom used to have. Can't remember the exact breed but the coloring is almost spot on. Infact they called her Penny for the copper color in her coat.

Plants are looking great and that Lava is going crazy! 

Nice to have our Florida weather back :)
No I have not Rocket. I almost did yesterday . I will this weekend for sure plants are ready for some good food. 
Yes indeed love me some spring time . Not looking forward to summertime :)

Had to post this perfect Jal I ate last night for dinner . Gotta thank Stefan ( meatfreak ) for the good seeds .

photo_zps144ed5c9.jpg

And my parsley plant is going off . Must thank the Aero for the speedy growth . 

photo_zpsf26dc64f.jpg

And my Aji ChuncHo in the  Aero for the tallest plant competition 

photo_zps5a685fba.jpg

Devv said:
The Aerogarden is proving to be a worthwhile investment for sure!

+1

Great pod, Jamie! Parsley looks ready also, I found the flat one has way more flavor then the curled variety.

romy6 said:

Had to post this perfect Jal I ate last night for dinner . Gotta thank Stefan ( meatfreak ) for the good seeds .

photo_zps144ed5c9.jpg

Amazing. that is a beautiful pod right there! It would make a good candidate for a painting or something.  How did it taste?
Oh yeah, the picture of the two dogs together, that was pretty stinkin cute.

Devv said:
The Aerogarden is proving to be a worthwhile investment for sure!

Your growdown plant is looking really good....I have some catching up to do!
Thanks Scotty. Don't worry once that Chuncho goes outside you will pass me 

meatfreak said:
+1

Great pod, Jamie! Parsley looks ready also, I found the flat one has way more flavor then the curled variety.
Good to know bro . I have been using the parsley daily . :dance:  

Pulpiteer said:

Amazing. that is a beautiful pod right there! It would make a good candidate for a painting or something.  How did it taste?
Oh yeah, the picture of the two dogs together, that was pretty stinkin cute.
The taste was great but I was let down on the heat . Thank you for the love Andy  :fireball:

And thought I would show off this OSU  Indigo mater that sprouted in 3 days . Wish peppers grew like maters 

photo_zps1a57c5c3.jpg

Penny said:
Who knew I'd be jealous over a pot of parsley, sitting out in the sun!! :rofl:
 I saw your front frozen yard Penny I totally understand.

Devv said:
Yeah those maters are like weeds, just glad they're good to eat!
True dat Scotty !!!

WEll now that my Florida Gators are out of the tourney I can focus my attention to growing peppers  :rofl:

Potted up some plants that were in the Aero. And a few that were outside . Aji chuncho, mustard Bhut, douglah x choc bhut ( Daves gunslingers cross), bubblegum and brown moruga , 

photo_zps5375520d.jpg

photo_zps29c97d75.jpg

I think the Lava grew another foot in one week. 

photo_zps29f889b8.jpg

photo_zps1c5e8232.jpg

photo_zpsd941695e.jpg

My older plants are finally starting to green up with the warmer weather more chlorophyll is being produced  :dance:
photo_zps22ba80c9.jpg

And had a purple bhut x viper for dinner last night . It was amazingly sweet and not so hot. 

photo_zps629ee862.jpg

Have a great week chilli peeps

photo_zps8c2784da.jpg

romy6 said:
:halo: 

I saw your front frozen yard Penny I totally understand.

True dat Scotty !!!

WEll now that my Florida Gators are out of the tourney I can focus my attention to growing peppers  :rofl:

Potted up some plants that were in the Aero. And a few that were outside . Aji chuncho, mustard Bhut, douglah x choc bhut ( Daves gunslingers cross), bubblegum and brown moruga , 

photo_zps5375520d.jpg

photo_zps29c97d75.jpg

I think the Lava grew another foot in one week. 

photo_zps29f889b8.jpg

photo_zps1c5e8232.jpg

photo_zpsd941695e.jpg

My older plants are finally starting to green up with the warmer weather more chlorophyll is being produced  :dance:
photo_zps22ba80c9.jpg

And had a purple bhut x viper for dinner last night . It was amazingly sweet and not so hot. 

photo_zps629ee862.jpg

Have a great week chilli peeps

photo_zps8c2784da.jpg
Amazing!  I must have overlooked my invitation :halo:

Everything looks good !!!!  When can I expect my plane ticket to come dowm, chow down, drink like margaritaville and learn all your secrets to growing all them great peppers????   :rofl:

Nice update!

Plants have a nice rich green to them and are sure to do well this season. The Lava is a perfect example!

Back