• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

romy6 2014

So I guess it is about damn time I started a grow log! Not a whole lot going on at the ranch  :shh:  but hopefully that will change soon. I grow peppers all year around outdoors. I live on the central east coast of Florida. It has many ups and downs but more ups  :fireball: . Bugs such as mites and aphids are always a problem for me. Over the years I am getting better at diagnosing them at a early stage . This Christmas I was lucky enough to have santa bring me an aerogarden and some how managed to make it's nesting place on my kitchen table. I know this is short lived and I will need to find a safer resting spot for it. Here is a pic of my outdoor operation. Most of these plants are between 8 months or older. 

IMG_5137_zps4ad183b1.jpg

They look very haggard at the present moment. Lack of sunlight and low humidity will do that. But come spring they better bounce back into action.  :dance:

Here is my little indoor operation. It isn't much but keeps me happy and grows peppers super fast. I planted a 7 pot lava( judy) , borg9( tmudder), yaki blue( nigel via standbyandfire), true cumari ( from judy) , defcon 7 ( tmudder), choc naga x brain ( me,via winchicken, via tmudder), and parsley for the boy :)

First to pop was the 7 pot lava. Few days later the defcon 7. Yaki and borg both popped with helmet heads and I managed to kill them trying to remove. I just added a few more seeds in each pouch . 

photo_zpsb6d42712.jpg

Stay tuned and keep it green my fellow chili addicts . 

Damn...now that you're using the indoor starts, looks like there is very little hope for any of us other growdown competitors...and when I say very little I mean puppy sized! C'mon Ally eat that Chuncho girl!!!

Looking great brother, that Jal has me jealous! One of the reasons I am actually growing them again this year is you just can't find a Jal like that one at the supermarket. Pepper row looks perfect as usual, and set for takeoff. After the rough winter all you folks east of here had...I think y'all are all in for a banner year. Can't wait to see your first big pull brotha, and my $$$ is on you to win this contest thingy!

Barley-pop57 said:
Everything looks good !!!!  When can I expect my plane ticket to come dowm, chow down, drink like margaritaville and learn all your secrets to growing all them great peppers????   :rofl:

You are invited down anytime Mike. Always room for one more chilihead. 

meatfreak said:
Great pictures, Jamie. That Lava is gonna be a beast! Can't wait till you've tried the Bhut Mustard  :hell:

Thanks Stefan. The bhut Mustard looks sick . I will be anxiously awaiting some poddage .  :fireball:

Devv said:
Nice update!

Plants have a nice rich green to them and are sure to do well this season. The Lava is a perfect example!

Thanks Scotty. It should get good fast then go to crap once the real heat sets in  :rolleyes:

Datil said:
Great job so far!
That purple bhut x viper looks yummy!

Cya

Datil

Thanks Datil . It was surprisingly sweet and tasty . 

Pr0digal_son said:
Looking good brother! The lava plant is a fine specimen,not a bad leaf. Make sure to use the old aero water to water your plants.

Love ya JB my bro. I like the idea of using the leftover aero water. U da man - :dance:

stc3248 said:
Damn...now that you're using the indoor starts, looks like there is very little hope for any of us other growdown competitors...and when I say very little I mean puppy sized! C'mon Ally eat that Chuncho girl!!!

Looking great brother, that Jal has me jealous! One of the reasons I am actually growing them again this year is you just can't find a Jal like that one at the supermarket. Pepper row looks perfect as usual, and set for takeoff. After the rough winter all you folks east of here had...I think y'all are all in for a banner year. Can't wait to see your first big pull brotha, and my $$$ is on you to win this contest thingy!

Brother Shane . I appreciate your optimism but unless Momma lets me put that baby in ground I will merely win the longevity not tallest plant contest . Ally is already eating some of momma flowers so no peppers in the backyard for me  ;)

And my first Aero plant has produced a pod  :dance: . I present the defcon 7

photo_zps1aab4b1e.jpg

Potting up and putting on pods, you do know how to grow them. Is that some Epsime salt in that first pic around the base of the plant?

Just got the email that my sample pack is on the way so I'm looking forward to comparing notes with you on this stuff

Aerogarden pod!  Sweet!   :party:

Thought you might be interested in these plants.  the two tall plants on
the left are Mystery Crosses; the shorter one on front is from the aerogarden.  
The other two are a Datil and a Brainstrain from pods you sent in 2012.  They
turned out very robust - can't wait to see what they produce this summer!  
Thanks, buddy!
romy6_DSC1393a_zpsdf34c399.jpg

I'm going to post some aerogarden vs. jiffy pellet pics in my blog later this week.

jedisushi06 said:
Can't wait to try the defcon! Pod looks wicked I hope mine come out wicked too!

Thanks Mikey it is a sweet looking pod !

Devv said:
Congrats on the defcon pod Jamie, I hear ya about the heat. It's my main concern here as always.
My feelings exactly Scott!

Barley-pop57 said:
Nice !!!!  Another pepper I need to try...lol   Very gnarley looking pepper.  Look forward to more pics of great peppers bro.

Thanks Mike . I will do my best !!!

RocketMan said:
Potting up and putting on pods, you do know how to grow them. Is that some Epsime salt in that first pic around the base of the plant?

Just got the email that my sample pack is on the way so I'm looking forward to comparing notes with you on this stuff
Thanks Bill. The white stuff is Azos root booster . First time using it but seems like a glorified mycorrhiza packet ?  

PaulG said:
Aerogarden pod!  Sweet!   :party:

Thought you might be interested in these plants.  the two tall plants on
the left are Mystery Crosses; the shorter one on front is from the aerogarden.  
The other two are a Datil and a Brainstrain from pods you sent in 2012.  They
turned out very robust - can't wait to see what they produce this summer!  
Thanks, buddy!
romy6_DSC1393a_zpsdf34c399.jpg

I'm going to post some aerogarden vs. jiffy pellet pics in my blog later this week.

Very nice Paul G . Look forward to following your Glog like I always do. Hopefully the Brain will be like the momma. 

I had a couple pages to catch up on Jamie. Everything looks outstanding. Defcon 7 looks evil. Chomp that bad buy hole once it ripens.

Notice any transplant shock when you move the aero garden plants? What is the white powder you replant them with? Bone meal?

RocketMan said:
So, have you taken a big bite out of the Defcon 7 yet? Come on Jamie, ya know you want to do it  :mouthonfire:

I will have you over to split it with me brother Bill  ;)

Jeff H said:
I had a couple pages to catch up on Jamie. Everything looks outstanding. Defcon 7 looks evil. Chomp that bad buy hole once it ripens.

Notice any transplant shock when you move the aero garden plants? What is the white powder you replant them with? Bone meal?

Thank you Jeff . It is getting nastier looking everyday. I did not notice much transplant shock on my first set of aero plants but when I set them out it was much cooler . my second round had a tough time the first week but have settled in there new homes nicely. I keep the soil super moist the first few weeks . The white powder is Azos root booster I got from Xtreme Gardening . 

Small update 

Pimenta Lisa from Stefan ( meatfreak) 4 days to germinate in cheater tank ( AKA Aerograden ) 

photo_zpsaa8b390f.jpg

My Aero babies getting huge and droppingh flowers dailey. Anytime now they will set some pods  :pray:

photo_zpsb81898ae.jpg

True Cumari from Judy . Thank you 

photo_zps1eb0a758.jpg

The Lava has a 1 inch thick trunk  .  :crazy:

photo_zps8788883e.jpg

And back by popular demand Ally and Tebow 

photo_zps414d0bc1.jpg

That's all folks  :lol:

Wow, looking back at the shot of the Lava from March 31st, it's amazing how much it's grown in just half a month.  It's growing like a weed!  Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

Dang Jamie... you got flowers, ripening pods and Bobby Queue!? I guess it's full-on springtime in SoFlo. :party:  We got an inch of snow last night, but we'll catch up to you yet! :P  Keep on keepin' on bruddah!

Plants are looking really nice Jamie!

I think early on next year I'm going to leave them in the pots longer. I think the dirt was too cool, especially after seeing your beauties!

Pups look great, I was wondering if Ally was a pit (now I know). Are you going to let them have a family?

Yeah, I'd throw 'em a treat ;)

Nulle said:
Those dog are just adorable 

And no.... I'd give them two!

Thank you Linda . Now your starting to sound like my daughter  :shh:  Spoiled rotten  :party:

Penny said:
 Oh my god.....how could you say no to that!!! 
LOL Penny  :rofl:

compmodder26 said:
Wow, looking back at the shot of the Lava from March 31st, it's amazing how much it's grown in just half a month.  It's growing like a weed!  Whatever you are doing, keep it up!

I really am not doing anything different with this plant than any other . Must be in the genes . It has grown another foot this week  :shh:

stickman said:
Dang Jamie... you got flowers, ripening pods and Bobby Queue!? I guess it's full-on springtime in SoFlo.  We got an inch of snow last night, but we'll catch up to you yet!   Keep on keepin' on bruddah!

Yes sir brother Ricky Ticky Tack! My time to shine before the real heat sets in. More snow, Old man winter need to take a vacay so you can get some plants in some real dirt !

Devv said:
Plants are looking really nice Jamie!

I think early on next year I'm going to leave them in the pots longer. I think the dirt was too cool, especially after seeing your beauties!

Pups look great, I was wondering if Ally was a pit (now I know). Are you going to let them have a family?

Yeah, I'd throw 'em a treat 

Thank you Scotty. Don't let the containers fool ya . Nothing compares to straight inground. Once they get settled in you will kick my ass !!!!! Tebow is fixed so no more puppies in this house  :dance:

GA Growhead said:
That lava's growth is border line illegal!
What kind of magic you doing down there?

LOl J money. Must be something in my swamp water  :liar:

Smile 

IMG_5024_zpsb12dbb3f.jpg

Back