• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Romy6 2015

Just pepper pictures 

Side garden 

photo_zps637e565c.jpg

http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/romy6/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zpsa80761d3.jpg[

Atomic SBJ7, , Orand dixie, orange blob ,  cutter and Orange bhut 

[IMG]http://i873.photobucket.com/albums/ab300/romy6/Mobile%20Uploads/photo_zps8a591450.jpg

Unkown wild cross . Little black pods

photo_zpsa0489980.jpg

Aji Amarillo

photo_zps4b603b64.jpg

Pink Tiger

photo_zps4b56e980.jpg

Flexosoum

photo_zps555f268e.jpg

The big Lava is still alive . He was about 10 feet but now more like 8 feet . Been fighting mealy bugs again 

photo_zps701fb694.jpg

I also have a cheater tank AKA aerogarden . It is so nice 

Chocolate brain 

photo_zps1fdff600.jpg

Thanks for checking my stuff out  :party:

Most excellent! And good on Prod for sharing! My Pubiscens harvest was kinda meager this year, so I can sympthathize... :rolleyes:

Was very surprised to walk out to the mailbox just now and find a SFRB from you... Thanks muchly brother, everything looked scrumptious! I've got the small pods out in the dehydrator right now. The rest I'll de-seed and load into the dryer tomorrow. Think you could use a jar of peach-MoA jam and maybe a bottle of the blueberry-smoked Douglah sauce? :dance:

You are starting new seeds.I am about to be so wishful that I had the growing season longer up here in Iowa Jamie.I have 4-6 weeks until the "Bell Tolls" ;)

stickman said:
Most excellent! And good on Prod for sharing! My Pubiscens harvest was kinda meager this year, so I can sympthathize... :rolleyes:

Was very surprised to walk out to the mailbox just now and find a SFRB from you... Thanks muchly brother, everything looked scrumptious! I've got the small pods out in the dehydrator right now. The rest I'll de-seed and load into the dryer tomorrow. Think you could use a jar of peach-MoA jam and maybe a bottle of the blueberry-smoked Douglah sauce? :dance:

Glad they made it safe Rick . I love your amazing culinary concoctions so would never turn down anything you created but please do not feel obligated. Just thought you may  need a little Florida heat to get you through that slow rolling coldness  rising from the North   ;)

randyp said:
    You are starting new seeds.I am about to be so wishful that I had the growing season longer up here in Iowa Jamie.I have 4-6 weeks until the "Bell Tolls" ;)

Yeah my work is never ending Randy grower of amazingly large pods :dance:  . Supposed to get down to like 72 degrees tomorrow night may have to bring in the seedling  :rofl:

Doesn't look like much to most but this flexosoum pod is rare for me 

IMG_0091.jpeg by James Hill, on Flickr

If you have never grown Large orange thai you should 

IMG_4758.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Green Lava hottest green I have ever grown 

IMG_4771.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4774.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

And it was prego 

IMG_4777.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4715.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Imperial moth on LOT 

IMG_4730.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Cotton in full bloom 

IMG_4724.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

pink tiger with an actual stripe 

IMG_4801.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

and couple food shots 

IMG_4733.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

If you have never tried Rick aka bhut camps sauces you are missing out on some of the finer things in life 

IMG_4800.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

see ya 

"If you have never tried Rick aka bhut camps sauces you are missing out on some of the finer things in life"

Say what now...come again!? Haha...I concur completely! Absolutely fantastic, lip-smacking creations! These are since looong gone  :tear:.

These were a gift from my father - "So I've got some extra coin, want anything?" "Anything pepper related is great...some sauces would be awesome!" So this the result (was out of the 'Loco at that time. I'm partial to fruity sauces- berries, guava, papaya, etc..).

20151007_170425_zpskhb5ftsk.jpg

romy6 said:

very similar taste maybe sweeter and not as hot . 

So... how do the Large Orange Thai's compare to the Small Orange Thai? I've had the pleasure to try the LOT's. I did not find them as anything really special- they were 'OK' (perhaps the ones I tried weren't the best example of them fresh). I did however find them quite exceptional after I dried 2 of them out- everything was then elevated - very enjoyable!

From everything I have read on the forums about the Small Thai's, they seem to be far stronger in flavor (and much more hot also.) Is this - in fact - the case? I have not had the chance to try them out yet, and have really been wanting too after my initial letdown with the LOG & seeing all the accolades they receive in the forums!! (many people put them on their 'Fav's' list)

Love those green Lava's too. Most 'green' varieties aren't really hot... like the Green Scorpions. Eating a whole pod of those is really no problem. Have only seen the Green Lava's from Mike Hess- guessing they are rather new this year (?) Looks really tasty, especially if indeed that hot!! Beautiful growing, Jamie!

Alchymystic said:
"If you have never tried Rick aka bhut camps sauces you are missing out on some of the finer things in life"

Say what now...come again!? Haha...I concur completely! Absolutely fantastic, lip-smacking creations! These are since looong gone  :tear:.

These were a gift from my father - "So I've got some extra coin, want anything?" "Anything pepper related is great...some sauces would be awesome!" So this the result (was out of the 'Loco at that time. I'm partial to fruity sauces- berries, guava, papaya, etc..).

20151007_170425_zpskhb5ftsk.jpg

So... how do the Large Orange Thai's compare to the Small Orange Thai? I've had the pleasure to try the LOT's. I did not find them as anything really special- they were 'OK' (perhaps the ones I tried weren't the best example of them fresh). I did however find them quite exceptional after I dried 2 of them out- everything was then elevated - very enjoyable!

From everything I have read on the forums about the Small Thai's, they seem to be far stronger in flavor (and much more hot also.) Is this - in fact - the case? I have not had the chance to try them out yet, and have really been wanting too after my initial letdown with the LOG & seeing all the accolades they receive in the forums!! (many people put them on their 'Fav's' list)

Love those green Lava's too. Most 'green' varieties aren't really hot... like the Green Scorpions. Eating a whole pod of those is really no problem. Have only seen the Green Lava's from Mike Hess- guessing they are rather new this year (?) Looks really tasty, especially if indeed that hot!! Beautiful growing, Jamie!

Wow Joel I have only been fortunate enough to try two of Rick's sauces . Jelly ;) They are all top notch from a top notch guy :)

As for the small orange thai .  It is an amazing pepper full of flavor .One thing to beware of when growing it though is  they dry out super fast on the vine . I try to pick them with a hint of green ( just at the stem )  to be safe . Both varieties  will make some of the best smoked powder on the planet . Wayright has had me hooked on his smoked orange thai for years . You would not believe the flavor . It is fantastic alone so drying with some tasty cherry,pecan,  or apple wood just  brings out the best in it .  I do  think you need to eat a LOT super fresh or super dry . Because it is milder thai it's little brother you will loose much flavor and spice when over ripened 

Green Lava is hot but nothing like it's red and chocolate relatives . It still has that grassy flavor I don't love but kinda what you get with that variety . I am sure it would make and excellent green  chili sauce . 

Tovarii is looking plush love this little guy would love him more if it produced some fruit 

IMG_4810.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

one mo shot almost the weekend  and yes dealing with mealy bugs all summer sucks 

IMG_4811.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Clam Shell bhutlah had a visitor 

IMG_4726.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Love the butterfly pics Jamie,had to take both kids when they hit 9th grade on insect gathering patrol for their science class.It brings back good memories. ;)

Your grow looks awesome Jamie! I'm growing the LOT this year too, for the grow down. I really like it, very productive too. Will be on list next year.

Things as usual are looking good your way Jamie!

You just keep on chuggin' away ;)

Have a great weekend!

Everyone else wrapping up there season I just keep chugging along . Battling the worst white fly infestation I have ever seen . The joy of growing 365  :liar:

But plants are still producing 

IMG_4856.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Aerograden 

IMG_4853.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Now they are out of the Aero and out in the real world . 

IMG_4893.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Mother Nature have mercy on them :)

Small Orange Thai went my favorite color emerald green 

IMG_4910.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Daughter and I made some hot pickles

IMG_4926.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4933.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

1/2 water 1/2 white vinegar , some small orange thai . Kev's spiked peppercorns, dill pinch of salt , pich of picckling spice and some smoked dried crushed congos from Buddy . Came out fantastic 

Smokes some peppers too 

IMG_4937.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4939.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4940.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4942.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

IMG_4943.JPG by James Hill, on Flickr

Lookin great brother

Princess Cris is growing up so fast 

It was an excellent weekend for smoking pods and Dawgs

:cool:
Kevin

Back