• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

romy6 peppers

Hello all. I am new to this forum and would like to show off some of my peppers. I have been growing peppers for about 3 years. After seeing everyones logs I feel like I am way behind the times. I think by the end of the year I will have better pics. Thanks to an anonymous fellow chilehead.I live on the East Coast of Florida so I can grow year round. My boss refuses to allow me to grow anything inside yet. Garage,blankets,and christmas lights keep them alive during the 3 or 4 freezes we get here.
My naga jolakia pc-1 from rainbbow chile seeds. This was taken in December.
IMG_1733.jpg

This is him as of today. He turned a year old this month :lol:Debating potting him up but he is doing so well producing third round of pods.
photo-22.jpg

This is my aji lemon from NMSU she is about 3 months old
photo-14.jpg

One of my 1 and a half old carribean red habs
photo-8.jpg

more pics to follow

This is my Tobasco trees from last year . They died in january.
100_1625.jpg

purple jalapeno 3 months old
photo-3.jpg

more to follow later Boss is calling

Hi Romy! You might remember me from the pepper swap on the GW forums? Did you grow out any of the seeds you received?

Your plants look great, very healthy and lush. Unlike most of mine, which look like a bunch of leafless sticks thanks to the winds around here.

I'll keep my eye out for more pics.

Bonnie

Hi Romy! You might remember me from the pepper swap on the GW forums? Did you grow out any of the seeds you received?

Your plants look great, very healthy and lush. Unlike most of mine, which look like a bunch of leafless sticks thanks to the winds around here.
I'll keep my eye out for more pics.
Bonnie
Thank you Bonnie. I have several types of the peppers from the swap going but my daughter took all the labels off when they were young so i don't know for sure what they are. I will post some pics. Lots of mystery peppers.
Beautiful plants. What killed the tabascos, the cold?
Yeah . I covered them up several times but we had a week of under 20 degree nights and it was just too much for the big guys.
They look really nice!!
Thank you Super hot here are some more pics

Here is a African Tunisian
photo-30.jpg

Here is a choclate hab. He got water logged but is making a nice comeback!
photo-31.jpg

Chiltepin spreading it's wings. Ate the first ripe one today. Little kick to it.
photo-29.jpg

Mystery pepper!
photo-25.jpg

Here are 3 bhuts from NMSU sprouted in 3 days i will keep updating these guys.
photo-24.jpg

Some hot red hab salsa from last weekend
photo-23.jpg

Bonnie this is a young Dorsett Naga from the swap
photo-32.jpg

And a pic of my redneck garden from a far.
photo-27.jpg

Your Purple Jalapeno looks so cool Jamie!
So does the African Tunisian! How is the taste on those guys?
Diggin that redneck garden man! :cheers:

Kevin

Your Purple Jalapeno looks so cool Jamie!
So does the African Tunisian! How is the taste on those guys?
Diggin that redneck garden man! :cheers:

Kevin
I was really let down with the taste of the purple jal. Very little flavor at all. Maybe i should eat a green one. That Afriacan is one of the tastiest stuffing pepper i have had. Very little heat but throw in some of my red hab hot salasa and yum yum! Thanks for looking :beer:

Romy your plants look great, I hope mine can get like that soon if the weather doesn't get too hot. I hope I can overwinter some plants because that is a LOT of red habs, I think I might get a handful from my Caribbean Red, maybe more in the fall.

Nice work!

Romy your plants look great, I hope mine can get like that soon if the weather doesn't get too hot. I hope I can overwinter some plants because that is a LOT of red habs, I think I might get a handful from my Caribbean Red, maybe more in the fall.

Nice work!
Thank you Phil. Nice to see a familiar face. You should have no trouble overwintering where you live. Build a nice shade cloth and your babies will be alright. :hell:

Got about 3 inches of good rain last night. Woke up and the plants looked really happy. Here are a couple pics :rofl:
Here is a choclate Habanero smiling

100_2023.jpg

Aji Lemon starting to color. My it looks tasty

100_2030.jpg

Ciltepin

100_2029.jpg

And a happy gardening to all :onfire:

photo-36.jpg

nice looking chiles. i love the chiltepins. they're one of my favorites - i'm not growing any this year and i'm not sure why.

Millmam . Thanks I had to take a picture of it. It had been a long time since we have had enough rain to produce one.

Kevin, I started that thing in early March. I had to pot it up from a 3 gallon to 7 gal last month cause the thing will not stop growing. Mine seem to want to grow up not out :crazy:

SS i would hate to see what you could do in growing conditions. I'm thinking of 7 pots at the roof top and Hab trees 15 feet tall. :rofl:

TY Buddy. Ate my first ripe one. Yum yum :lol:

Got a couple more pics today. Had a nice little harvest as well.
1st ripe Datil!
photo-37.jpg

My mystery wanna be chinese 5 color
photo-39-1.jpg

My 3 bhuts are growing fast 10 days old
photo-38.jpg

And my harvest today. Also killed 8 stink bugs. They are evening eating my red habs(bastards)
photo-41.jpg

Sorry the pictures suck. Damn I phone. :hell:

Back