• Do you need help identifying a 🌶?
    Is your plant suffering from an unknown issue? 🤧
    Then ask in Identification and Diagnosis.

romy6 peppers

Hey Romy. My Datil Has those curled leaves as well. The tag that came with it said "distinct puckered leaves", searching says puckered= rippled curled leaves, new to this,so don't know if thats the way they are supposed to look? I didn't start mine from seed and it has looked like from day 1,other than the leaves mine seems healthy. Anyways,everything looks like it's going good and as always GO NOLES! :)

Those Naga Jolokias look nasty! Have fun eating those! I love the Aji lemon, definitely on my list for next year.

Nice work!
Thanks Phil. Send me your address and I will get you some naga and aji seeds. :beer:

Hey Jamie I heard the Central FL area got hit with some heavy weather yesterday. You see any of it?

Hey Matt. How is your weekend going?

Thankfully I was a lil south of the weather. Thanks for thinking of me though. :beer:

Hey Romy. My Datil Has those curled leaves as well. The tag that came with it said "distinct puckered leaves", searching says puckered= rippled curled leaves, new to this,so don't know if thats the way they are supposed to look? I didn't start mine from seed and it has looked like from day 1,other than the leaves mine seems healthy. Anyways,everything looks like it's going good and as always GO NOLES! :)
Yeah every Datil i have ever seen has that nasty curl on the leaves. I have 3 of them but only one is worth a damn.The other two you have seen. They are still like that but refuse to die. Oh and boo FSU go Gators! :)

Your daughter is adorable! Plants look good too.

Thank you Alpaeon. I am a proud Pops! :beer:

Hey Matt. How is your weekend going?

Thankfully I was a lil south of the weather. Thanks for thinking of me though. :beer:

Doing alright up here, had some terrible weather. Lost a few branches off some maters, 20 feet off my fence, but LUCKILY I SAVED THE PEPPERS!! :woohoo: I was able to get them in the garage before the weather got too bad. Wx channel says crappy for the next few days so I think I am gonna keep them in there for a few days.

I am glad you could dodge the weather and everything looks great!

Just a lil update on my garden. Like most of us in the eastern US it is so damn hot I have moved all my babies to places where they only receive a few hours a day of sun. They seem very happy in there new spots. Should have done it weeks ago :beer:

Here are some of them under my 170 year old oak!

100_2107.jpg

A nice aji lemon poddation!

100_2116.jpg

My first chocolate habs are blushing :eek:

100_2114.jpg

And look how big the bhut I started last month is! :lol:

100_2110.jpg

My baby garden assasins!

100_2118.jpg

And a couple days harvest!

photo-94.jpg

Aji Limons are so pretty arent they! :dance:
Excellent harvest you got there Jamie!
That Bhut is really taking off !

Kevin

Everything looks great Jamie! Do you freeze your leftovers or just stick them in the fridge?
Hey Matt. I pickle,freeze,make salsa,and give some to friends and family.I also grill and smoke them. They can last a couple weeks in my fridge but I usually don't keep them in there that long. I really want to start making my own powders. I am in the market for a nice dehydrater! :beer:

Seriously sweet plants man!! :clap:

Thank you Hillbilly. I am learning every day how to manage these picky peppers :lol:

How long do you usually freeze them before they go bad, and do you notice that big of a difference in salsas and sauces with frozen/fresh pods?

But funny you mentioned the dehydrator. I am also in the market for one and this month's Bon Apitit has a whole section on kitchen gadgets and preservation. Anyways they recommend the snackmaster express at www.surlatable.com and the regular krups one touch grinder. I am gonna check them out and just figured I'd give you a heads up.

How long do you usually freeze them before they go bad, and do you notice that big of a difference in salsas and sauces with frozen/fresh pods?

But funny you mentioned the dehydrator. I am also in the market for one and this month's Bon Apitit has a whole section on kitchen gadgets and preservation. Anyways they recommend the snackmaster express at www.surlatable.com and the regular krups one touch grinder. I am gonna check them out and just figured I'd give you a heads up.

Matt. Thanks for the link. I will check it out.

I can keep them in my freezer about a year but I have not tried any longer. When I cook them I have not noticed any differnce in taste. Only the texture but when blending that solves the texture problem. :cool:

Just a small update on the garden. All my plants are doing really well( knock on wood). Not many pods to show but I got a nice lil harvest the other day!

100_2165.jpg

And my mystery chinese is getting som nice big green leaves. Pods are busting out so will have pics soon! :lol:

100_2151.jpg

A lil shot of my pepper scape!

100_2154.jpg

Chocolate habs my new favorite!

100_2160.jpg

Last my Datil is growing :crazy:

100_2156.jpg

Lookin' good, man. Those Chocolate Habs are too cool. What are the darker red ones just to the left of the Datils?

Got some nice pics today. Thought I would share. 1st one is of one of the bhuts I started in July! :beer:

100_2210.jpg

It is starting to flower! :dance:

100_2212.jpg

Nice mystery pod.

100_2207.jpg

And my boy took a pic of a pepper and demanded it be on the grow log. Not bad for a newby!

100_2221.jpg

Wow that Bhut has gotten big really fast Jamie!!
Your mystery pod looks kinda pimply! I bet that one will be hot! :onfire:

Kevin

Back