• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

Roper2008 2013 Grow

Thought I would start a glog for the first time. Hopefully this year will be a little less rain, had
too much early season last year, which lead to leaf disease's.

Here is what I will be growing
IMG_0138_zps0683ab8a.jpg

Starting the soaking
IMG_0142_zps76d68477.jpg

meatfreak said:
Great update, Linda. Pods are looking good and love the look of your Blob's, although I didn't had any pods last year that were shaped like the right one on the picture. Guess this reveals something from a parent of the cross ;) In another month those babies will be ready for harvest :D

I have another plant.  Will see if they come out the same.  Pods are pretty cool looking.

Time for another update. 

Kurtouska Kapija

Traveler Jalapeño

Peach Habanero

Orange Blob's- 2 plants

Harold St. Bart's.  Two of these have rotted out.  Hope I get some normal ones to taste.

Rheza.  Not a lot of peppers on this plant.

Antillias Carribean

The Jamaican Red Chili Not

This is a scotch bonnet yellow from rareseeds.  Not real hot, but taste good.

Thank you.  First time trying the Antillias.  Just waiting to get enough jalapeno's and I will be making Jalapeno jelly.  Maybe a Antillias Carribean
jelly too. :party:

Linda, your plants are really loaded down!!!  Have to admit I have Scotch Bonnet envy.   My plant is just barely alive, and my Jamaican Hot Yellow turned out to be a NOT, so it looks like the only hot yellow pepper I've got going is "The" Fatalii.  

Can't wait to make my first batch of pepper jelly too!  Of course, you will be doing that a lot sooner than I will!

The fatalli is a favorite of many..Would make a good jelly....  If I didn't have mine in pots, they would probably not be doing well.

Excellent pics Linda, I'm lovin' what you got goin'! Especially the Kurtovska Kapija and Vesena peppers. My Vesena was just holding its own until a couple of weeks ago, but has lately shot up and set pods. I've got a ways to go to catch up to yours though. Nice job!

Thanks Rick.  The Kurtovska Kapija was seed I received in 2009.  I finally planted one.  Never tried it before...I'm a little disappointed that the rheza does not have
many peppers on it.  It produced better for me a couple years ago. It is an unusual pepper that it is so sweet and hot when fully ripe.  My plans is to make it into
powder....

Thanks Spice.  I plucked one ripe pepper from each plant and threw it in the chicken curry I made tonight.  I'm getting a few ripe peppers here and there.

Plants have loaded up really good, Linda. I see a different Jalapeno strain :lol: let me know how it tastes ;) The orange blobs look great, definitely some traits from the scotch bonnet in that second plant, right?

Hi Linda, You're growing in pots so root space is limited, and I think your Vesena wants more. If you can swing it... you might want to try feeding it a bit more. Some kind of "bloom" type of nutes that have an NPK of around 2-4-4. Dilute and mix with a healthy dollop of molasses and give 'em a cup or two once a week. When I started doing that, my potted plants kicked up into 5th gear, and the runts in-ground finally took off. Cheers!

Whoa Linda you have beautiful pods, love all the pics … they’re top notch! One of my favorites is your Harold St. Bart’s, dem look awesome! I’m sure you’ll have plenty to taste, why do you think two rotted? Too much water or rain retention?

Have a great weekend!

meatfreak said:
Plants have loaded up really good, Linda. I see a different Jalapeno strain :lol: let me know how it tastes ;) The orange blobs look great, definitely some traits from the scotch bonnet in that second plant, right?
Yes, the second orange blob looks a lot like the scotch bonnet I purchased from rareseeds, except it is bumpier.. I can send you some of the traveler jalapeño.  I still have plenty
of the commercial seed left.

stickman said:
Hi Linda, You're growing in pots so root space is limited, and I think your Vesena wants more. If you can swing it... you might want to try feeding it a bit more. Some kind of "bloom" type of nutes that have an NPK of around 2-4-4. Dilute and mix with a healthy dollop of molasses and give 'em a cup or two once a week. When I started doing that, my potted plants kicked up into 5th gear, and the runts in-ground finally took off. Cheers!
Thanks, I'll see if I can find some.  I do have on hand some FoxFarm Big Bloom 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7.  Would that work?

WalkGood said:
Whoa Linda you have beautiful pods, love all the pics … they’re top notch! One of my favorites is your Harold St. Bart’s, dem look awesome! I’m sure you’ll have plenty to taste, why do you think two rotted? Too much water or rain retention?

Have a great weekend!
Thanks Ramon.  I'm hoping to get to cook with this one. Don't know why they rot/moldy.  I had that problem couple years ago with an orange habanero.  Maybe cause it's
is so humid here? Do you ever get that problem, your more humid than me.  No pepper maggots in them.  I'll check it more closely if I get another bad one.

roper2008 said:
Thanks, I'll see if I can find some.  I do have on hand some FoxFarm Big Bloom 0.01 - 0.3 - 0.7.  Would that work?
The NPK on the Big Bloom doesn't look too concentrated, and the literature posted on the manufacturer's website says it's safe enough to use every time you water, so why not use what you have on hand first. I'll be curious to see what kind of results you get with it. Cheers!

roper2008 said:
Yes, the second orange blob looks a lot like the scotch bonnet I purchased from rareseeds, except it is bumpier.. I can send you some of the traveler jalapeño.  I still have plenty
of the commercial seed left.

That would be nice, another one for the collection. Best we wait till end of the season, I'm sure I got some stuff growing you might wanna try next season :)

Another update.  It is so hot this week, but my peppers are doing okay.

FDA Scotch Bonnet

7 Pot Primo.  My source was midwestchilihead.

Carolina Reaper.  Sorry blurry picture.

Another Carolina Reaper.

Another Carolina Reaper

I have another plant that has the right reaper shape.

Harold St. Bart's

Aji Caballero

Chintexle Chili fron cross country nursery.  Fuzzy plant and fuzzy photo.

Orange Blob

Nice bunch of pods there.  I was so late getting mine potted or into the garden, the bigger ones are just now starting to bloom in force.  I hope the blooms will set pods.    Temperatures are hovering around the low 90s here since the rain the other day, but it sure is humid. 

Great update!

The last picture of the reaper with all of the red pods, are the seeds from the same source? Those pods are really nice, but they seem smoothed out, sort of like a smaller version of a poblano in shape and texture. 

Whole bunch of good looking pods, Linda. To be honest I don't see any difference between the 7 Pot Primo and Reaper  :shh: Love the look of your Orange Blob, pretty big pods also, right?

Back