misc Rough draft

I came up with this tonight. I know I can't use the duck...but it fit.

ddpic.jpg

DevilDuck said:
I understand. I'm in no way ready to take the plunge, just yet. Lot's to do, and I want to do this right. I really don't want 850 bottles of sauce taking up a spare bedroom and can't sell it.

DD - We all have to start in a way where our grasp doesn't exceed our reach. I disagree - you have started - just in a a small way. However, there is nothing wrong with that. Just know, preferably in writing, which goals you have undertaken - which you have already achieved - and, most important, which is your next one to undertake. A road map to success, plain & simple. - E.Z.

Woody-- Not too fond of the e-bay stores. They like to grab some of the profit off the top plus a monthly fee and I'm not in a position for that.

I'm looking into a few other options that are a little more feasable. :(

For about $100 for the year you can make your own using templates at www.123-reg.com its all there and no website knoledge is needed,have a look anyway, its the cheapest option out there.( i have no ties with this company) its just the cheapest package i could find, they are hosing my site for about $30 a year!
Even with no experience you can be up and running in a day.

Woody

HEy DD...

I understand that you are in the "beginning" stages right now. Keep in mind when you go to a co-paker or commercial kitchen to commercially bottle your sauce part of the discussion will be about your label. Two of the facilities I looked into (here in Ohio) had a graphics department to help develop a label and had a list of (seriously discounted) printers they work with alot. The co-paker that I am going to be useing passes alot of discounts on to their clients. Which is nice. But there are several options out there for you to use.

As for unsold bottles takin up space...Shop aroun when looking into commercial kitchens...For instance there is one I spoke to in Athens Ohio. Great People. They have their own store that they will put your product in to sell and the have hook ups with other stores in the Tri-State area that buys from them. They simply submit your product to the stores. It's a great way for you to get your name out if a commercial kitchen has the same type of program in your area. Most Co-pakers and Commercial Kitchen have a list of contacts of the major food stores in the area and can put you in touch with the right people. Saves you a lot of footwork and phone calls.

Just my $.02

That label doesn't grab me. Too many little icons here and there and no central focus.

Well...It goes like this...

I'm part of an online Datsun/Nissan Z club that has annual meets in different cities all over the country. We consider ourselves to be "Pirate Bastards". So, there's a lot of pirate lingo flying around.

When I ran for "Bastard Of The Month", my tag line was "...and hot sauce for all." Needless to say I got elected, but I didn't have a name for my sauce. So I held a contest with the winner getting two free bottles.

Well, the annual "Gathering Of The Bastards" was coming up, but it was in Cleveland, and there was no way I could make it. So instead, I made two cases of my "Nuclear Scurvy" and sent it up to the meet for everyone to enjoy.

Also...Look at this stuff. What would you call it?

zoneOnez.jpg

scurvy2.jpg

DevilDuck said:
Well...It goes like this...

I'm part of an online Datsun/Nissan Z club that has annual meets in different cities all over the country. We consider ourselves to be "Pirate Bastards". So, there's a lot of pirate lingo flying around.

Ahhhhh...

Also...Look at this stuff. What would you call it?

Yellow Jack

...to keep with the pirate theme.

DevilDuck said:
Yeah...I just need to hire a professional.

DD,

You need to be more focused and concise with your label design. It's a little too "all over the place". I'm not saying my labels are all that and a bag of chips, it's just that I have seen thousands upon thousands of labels in my day and I know what works for sales and what doesn't.

Shoot me a PM, I could hook you up with some graphics help if you need it. All it will cost you is a batch of your sauces. Deal??
Ryan from Angry Pepper should be up and running soon as well I believe, he's great and reasonable if you wanted someone that's a "pro". I just noodle with my own labelling, it's like therapy for me.

You could also talk to Dan and BLP for label pricing. They have a digital press, high quality stuff, no minimums (at least I don't think so yet?) and it's all you'll ever need to start out. Once you're competing it Blair and Cajohn, you'll need to go Flexo, but for now the digi labels are the cat's ass.

Let me know.

Back