misc Rough draft

I came up with this tonight. I know I can't use the duck...but it fit.

ddpic.jpg

DevilDuck said:
Yeah...I just need to hire a professional.

Maybe, or maybe not....My 2cnts. If you are the one who put together the label shown on this thread, then you have what it takes to design your own, without the need to pay someone to do it for you. You're heading in the right direction DD, you just need to be patient and think through your ideas a bit more and not try to rush things. Give it more time, and I'm certain that in time, your ideas will materialize into the perfect label for your sauce. Besides, a logo for your company should come as the priority, and once you nail down a name and design for your company logo, then your label designs should fall into place with relative ease.
Hope this doesn't come off as a lecture, I'm only trying to assist and encourage.

[quote name='Cap'n Bones']Ummmm, nope sorry. I live my life on the water and that name reminds me of whale sperm.[/quote]

Are you sure you aren't living your life in the gutter? How did you get from an acute viral disease to cetacean sexual emissions?

I'm not, by the way, Devil Duck, suggesting there is anything wrong with the name you have selected. You just asked what I would call it, is all.

DD,
just keep on trying, it takes time so do not rush it.
And as Cap'n said, focus on the company logo first, that should be your priority numero 1..then the labels.
Don't give up bro....we here to help if you need us..

Yeah, you need a killer logo before you figure out the label layout. Don't worry too much about the layout yet.

the label is important, but if the product is naff thats worse......... as long as your making quality stuff thats the main concern, people will only buy a bad sauce with a great label once, but one that tastes great with an average label loads. Your label at present isn't that bad, just make a few little changes.
Follow your heart dd

Also, be careful when using a straight Biohazard sign on the label, we were no a very loud NO by the FDA when we inquired, as that was going to be out actual company logo. Minor adjustments can be made (obviously).

DEFCON Creator said:
Also, be careful when using a straight Biohazard sign on the label, we were no a very loud NO by the FDA when we inquired, as that was going to be out actual company logo. Minor adjustments can be made (obviously).

Just like the FDA would no-no a true skull and crossbones(poison) if you tried to put it on a food product label.

im no expert...love the black and white duck i agree with the peppers on the spear mabey go black and white with the eyes flame red....that and if you could make the wings look like there on fire. but not on fire like oh my God my wings are on fire but there suppose to be on fire.....know what i mean?

How's this??

DevilDuck said:
So...who's good at photoshop? :lol:

Is this the direction you were thinking about going in?
DD2.jpg

Imagine what a professional could do with it? It'll cost ya, but you can find an illustrator (not necessarily a graphic designer) to come up with something like you want.
I would look up community colleges or universities with a fine arts program. Students are usually looking for beer money and aren't established yet in their craft so they will work cheaper and usually have an interesting take on your ideas.
Just a thought.

DD, PM me if you'd like me to hook you up with a great designer who will work within your budget.

chuk hell said:
Dang!

Uncle B got the mad photoshop skillz!

Thanks Chuk!
I noodle around in between customers and phone calls.
It's a good stress reliever!!
DD should find himself a pro, this low res stuff I'm doing is purely for entertainment/idea sake.

Back