free Round 2 - Free Yellow Rocoto Seeds...

Hey Guys and Gals,
I just deseeded a couple of pods and wanted to offer up a few seeds for free. This offer is only open to people in the continental US. I have enough seed for 6 people. If you are interested, post a message here to secure your spot and PM me your information. The seeds still have to dry so I will most likely send them out on Monday, November 15th.

Offer Closed! Seeds go out tomorrow 11/15.

Here are a few pics...

I couldnt get them to grow well either upstate ny....do you find them difficult to grow josh?

xo nicole

I couldnt get them to grow well either upstate ny....do you find them difficult to grow josh?

xo nicole

xo nicole

This is what he said when I asked him that the first time around:

They get somewhat big and lanky. It spreads out more than up. I had 3 pubescens going. 1 in a pot and 2 in the ground. 2 of the plants were in full sun. The other was behind my above ground pool where it barely received any direct light. Both of my in ground plants produced pods. For the second year in a row, my potted rocoto did not set one pod. In terms of the temperatures, we had hotter weather than usual this summer over an extended period of time. Basically high 90's with a couple days over 100. This went on July through August. As a result, I think you probably can pull it off if you grow them in the shade. I would not recommend growing them in containers though. For me the plants grow and look great but they just won't set. I however, am not that great at container growing.

Those black seeds are very cool, how does the pepper taste?

Hmm I have one more that might ripen (it is planted on the backside of my above ground pool so has like a micro climate) so let me wait for that and try to pay attention to some particulars. I suck at picking out the subtle notes, but to me they are sweet, juicy, and somewhat refreshing.

Hmm I have one more that might ripen (it is planted on the backside of my above ground pool so has like a micro climate) so let me wait for that and try to pay attention to some particulars. I suck at picking out the subtle notes, but to me they are sweet, juicy, and somewhat refreshing.

Sweet sounds like it would be good in my ice tea or lemonade! I would love to grab some of those seeds form you Josh.

Sweet sounds like it would be good in my ice tea or lemonade! I would love to grab some of those seeds form you Josh.

Hahah I don't know if they are that refreshing, but you are more than welcome to a pack of seeds. PM me your address.

Seeds arrived in great shape Josh. Thanks again and looking forward to growing these. :dance:

Charles

That's great to hear.

Josh,

The seeds arrived today. Thanks.

Awesome. Thanks for letting me know.

4 Packs Taken, 2 Remaining!

Back