• Politics are not permitted. There's plenty of places to discuss that elsewhere, and a hot pepper forum is not the place. Thank you for respecting the community!

Royal Wedding

Some people like them so let like them, some people hate them so let them hate them, lots of Women (not all) love a celebrity wedding. Like a group of girls I know talking about it this week, They grew up wanting to be princesses while the boys wanted to be He-Man, Sarah a friend of mine said it is the most over the top wedding that a woman could possibly have but it reminded her of when she was little and dressed up as a princess.

Its just a little fantasy style story that some people who like to dream get a little kick out of.

The royal family bring in large amount of tourist $$$ in fact it is a good chunk of their economy. If you read the latest finance news you will see that wedding as brought a much need boost to not only morale but the British economy as well.

I am not a Royalist but after living in the UK for 10 years and regularly discussing the "Australia as a Republic debate" I have learnt a great deal about the royal snobs and the benefits they can bring.

Let em live in fantasy land I say.

Whether we have them or not the history would still bring in tourist money.
Robert burns (poet) still bring lots of tourist spend to Dumfries and other areas he was known to be connected with and he's been dead for hundreds of years.
People very rarely see the royals but take tours of royal places, and they would continue where we still had an active family or not

America didn't want a king, fought for their independence but seems everytime something happens to the royal family people are glued to the tvs. Sorry, Kate had a beautiful dress, her sister is skinny and pretty. That's all we need to know. I hope they have a good life. Now think this country better get back to our own problems. Lord knows we have enough of them!!!

We have had neither cable nor satellite for half a decade or
longer and I pirate anything we want to watch. That being
said, I have not been subjected to any of the news coverage
of said event although I am growing weary of seeing them on
the covers of various magazines at the grocery store.

Back