labels Sam & Oliver Stoke chipotle adobo sauce label critique

Looking for critique and feedback for my 2nd line of sauces being produced very soon... Stoke Chipotle adobo sauce

After crowd sourcing the first 2 names in a contest, I had to settle on Stoke since Smokin' and Ember were both taken... so Stoke it is.

stoke1.png

The bottle layout is for a 5oz glass woozy, black top with black shrink band.  The designer and I thought we should keep the same motif and layout design, with Stoke's heat ringing in at a medium level on the heat index.  It will look similar to this, printed on a 3.25 x 5.5" rounded-corner rectangular label in gloss with over-laminate

sam bottle.jpg

Thoughts on the design?

Here's Cinder for reference:

cinder1.png

Edit: now with less "WTF happened?" on the cinder label

yer rolling an ember?  :high:

Again, STOKE Chipotle will work depending on the layout.  These look good-

STOKE
Chipotle Hot Sauce

STOKED
Chipotle Hot Sauce

Don't like this lay out as much-

Stoke Chipotle
Hot Sauce

I was stokin' the fire when a racoon came out of the woods and bit Kalitarios in the butt.  Suddenly, he had a flash of inspiration and made a decision!

:lol:

You know we're just ribbing you, K~. 

MMMmmmm  RIBS.....with smoky chipotle bbq sauce........that was yesterday's dinner and them leftovers in the refer are calling my name...... :drooling:

You did see that whole other discussion of "refer"...as in refrigerator.... right?  It's what we write on the panel schedule when labeling breakers in the panel.

Kitchen outlets
Dishwasher
Refer
Disposal
Lights

:lol:  And then somene asked if they should be labeling their Colorado Fun Jars as 5 amp, 10 amp....:rofl:

OH!!!!! I GOT IT!!!!!!  Call it-

S'Toked Chipotle Hot Sauce

:rofl:  :rofl:  :rofl: :rofl:  :rofl:  

And if S & O was in Colorado or Washington it could be cannabis infused!!!!

Of course I pop in here to take a look at the new design and SL's hijacked this into a page of reefer. She's going for The Hot Derail Award (a THDA) and it's looking good this year!

Nu'uhhhh!  I said refer......LDHS said REEFER!!!

Dang it, Scott!  Getting me in trouble again!

Hey, Boss what do you think of S'Toked?????  :woohoo: 

Cinder
Stoke

I immediately get the fire theme. Everyone knows what stoking coals is. Some just commented about being stoked. Doesn't matter! The etymology stems from the original word. Like saying someone is cool or hot.

You seem to always have a good idea and then go off on a tangent. It's good to do that I guess, but if you need reassurance Stoke is good, it is.

Coal Chamber would be a good name for a very hot sauce. Fits your theme but also has that dark/evil twist of the hotter sauces without going gimmicky! 

I 2nd that!  After the Ghost Fire and Tropical Ghost sauces, I gave up on naming everything.

Texas Creek Chipotle Hot Sauce
Texas Creek Chipotle BBQ Sauce
Texas Creek Pickled Peppers
Texas Creek Chipotle Mustard
Texas Creek Superhot Puree

ZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzz

:shrug:

The Hot Pepper said:
Coal Chamber would be a good name for a very hot sauce.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-sYWaOrLdI&list=RDV-sYWaOrLdI

edit: I remember liking this band back in the day, not so much now.  fast forward to the chorus at 1:03

Lucky Dog Hot Sauce said:
Topics like these make me really glad I went with a color theme - no naming required. :woohoo:

No controversy at all that way - oh, except is red hotter than orange? :rofl:
Ya'know, I'm gonna be laughing my ass off when you have to name your sauces Lucky Dog Puce Label, Lucky Dog Obergine Label, and Lucky Dog Moss Label for using up all the other colors!

:rofl:
( I mean that in a good way, ya know?  like there's soooooo many Lucky Dog sauces....... )

ok~ nevermind~~~

salsalady said:
Ya'know, I'm gonna be laughing my ass off when you have to name your sauces Lucky Dog Puce Label, Lucky Dog Obergine Label, and Lucky Dog Moss Label for using up all the other colors!

:rofl:

( I mean that in a good way, ya know?  like there's soooooo many Lucky Dog sauces....... )

ok~ nevermind~~~

Remember Dia del Perro? :whistle:

I have a few ideas up my sleeve for alternates - 3 planned. One already commissioned.

Next up though is.....wait for it.....Brown Label!   :shh:

Back