• Blog your pepper progress. The first image in your first post will be used to represent your Glog.

SANARDA'S GLOG UPDATE 9/8/2013

Here is the list so far:

7 pot Jonah (Mgold/Matt pod)
7 pot mystery (Mgold/Matt pod)
7 pot Red (Jamie/Romy pod)
7 pot yellow (Mgold/Matt pod)
Aji Lemon (Romy pod)
Assam (Mgold/Matt pod)
Barrackpore (Pepperlover)
Bhut Giant Red (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Peach (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Chocolate (Matt/Mgold pod)
Bhut Hybrid (Jamie/Romy pod)
Brain Strain Yellow (DVFSTR/Dave pod)
ButchT (Dvfstr/Dave pod) and Mgold's (Pod)
CARDI Scorp Yellow (Jamie/Romy pod)
Choc Hab (PaulG pod) (Romy) (Matt/Mgold)
Datil (Jamie/Romy pod)
Dorset Naga (Jamie/Romy)
Douglah Red (Dfstr/Dave pod)
Douglah Hybrid (Jamie/Romy Pod)
Fatalli x Red Savina (Matt/Mgold pod)
Goats Weed (PaulG pod)
Habanero BLK (Matt/Mgold pod)
Moruga Red (Matt/Mgold pod)
Naga Morich (Matt/Mgold pod)(DVFSTR/Dave pod) (Paul G I think)
Suave Red (NMSU) two seeds
Trinidad Scorp Yellow (Matt/Mgold pod)
Trinidad Perfume (Matt/Mgold pod)
Uba Tuba (NMSU) I only have two seeds
Zavory (Burpee) Two seeds

Seeds yet to purchase:

7 pot infinity
7 pot Primo
7 pot Brown
Barbados
Black Cayman
Black Naga
Black Stinger
Cleo's Dragon
Fish
Malaysian Goronong
Moruga Scorp Yellow
Naga Viper
Red Savina
Safi Red
West Indian Red

Wish list:
Billy Boy Douglah
Sepia Serpent

im agreeing. some look really dry on top and the soil has pulled in from the sides. As long as they are still heavy they could be ok. I try to check each one by weight daily. That's the easiest way to know how much moisture is left in each pot. Everything is still looking green! Joyful video! Thanks!

GA I do bottom feed so some of them look dry on top, but are heavy. I find I need to water them approximately every other day. I also try to squeeze the sides of the pots so that they dont become to compacted but I forget to do that sometimes.

Steve you are funny my good man... Thanks

Thanks Shane. Losing is a part of the game but it still brings a tear to my eye when I do. lololol

Looking good, my last round of bottom watering using fish fert gave me wonderful white fluffy mold everywhere. That is with a 24/7 fan working the crowd too. I am not too happy with my results this year and I am just hanging on to hope I have something to put outdoors. Fingers crossed for you and I!

Things are really looking up since the last time I stopped by!

If you're bottom watering every other day, they should be getting enough to drink. Unless your just teasing them with little sips! :rofl:
I've been able to get away with bottom watering (with a little Buddha Grow mixed in) once a week, but we've had a lot of cloudy days lately. I think once some sunshine is pouring through that window, I'll probably have to increase it to twice a week.

It's all coming along, Pia. Growing from seed is far more rewarding than from purchased plants, no?

It most certainly is. It's like the greater the frustration. The greater the reward. Thanks Doc

All looks well in your end

Thanks Denniz. Look in the mail my friend.

Looking good, my last round of bottom watering using fish fert gave me wonderful white fluffy mold everywhere. That is with a 24/7 fan working the crowd too. I am not too happy with my results this year and I am just hanging on to hope I have something to put outdoors. Fingers crossed for you and I!

The heat in my house is sooo incredibly dry is the reason I think I have to water so often. I was very surprised at how often I have to water. It had me baffled in the beginning when I lost all those seedlings. My silly self thought it was anything but watering. Even when I water with water alone, my plants don't like it. They like fish poop. Aahahhahaa. Yup all fingers and toes crossed for us all my friend. Oh and I have had it with this friggin weather.

Pia, I'm just sitting back and enjoying dat green you showing off :) don't let folks push you around and as Shane said "some don't make it .., and you've got more than plenty to keep you busy picking later on" or as Doc said "it's all coming along" :) Keep da faith!

Thanks my good man. I'm praying for that plant of yours. Don't give up just yet. Give it some time.

Looks good, Pia.
I have the same issue, dry top, wet bottom. Which may not be so bad in that it creates a less favorable clime for invasive nasties.
But yes, I'm bottom watering and two days later they are light again -at least the bigger plants.
We're learning together.

Yes we are JJJESSE. The more we learn the more we know. Glad to see you dropping in. Sure do preciate it.

Things are really looking up since the last time I stopped by!

If you're bottom watering every other day, they should be getting enough to drink. Unless your just teasing them with little sips! :rofl:
I've been able to get away with bottom watering (with a little Buddha Grow mixed in) once a week, but we've had a lot of cloudy days lately. I think once some sunshine is pouring through that window, I'll probably have to increase it to twice a week.

Hey Lady. Glad you stopped in. Been checking on you and things look really good in Bonnieland. The watering thing is tricky fur sure. It's so individual from grow to grow and from plant to plant. Just gotta listen to the babies. They will somewhat tell you what they need. Thanks for checking on me.

Wow glad your babies survived the drought!

I only read back that far, too many glogs and not enough time:(

I came home one day a few weeks ago and it was 94, hot earlier than predicted and they were hurting real bad, dried out, shriveled leaves. But hit em some water and shade and they survived me!

Good luck on your grow.

Scott

Aww . . . shucks, Pia . . . or fish-shits I mean, sticks . . . neh: shits :rofl: . My favorite folks to drop the f-bomb are from Brooklyn. They know how to use an occlusive, by golly! (Just social linguistics and phonetics; and I love it! :D) Around here, the f-bomb is kinda scary, however, because it generally has at least five syllables and means somebody is gettin' ready to kill somebody they love, because "Whut fer y'haunter kill em lessen ya luuv em?" smh

But let us return to fish shit or just shit, or bat shit or ya know, just shit? Or "sheeee-eee-eee-it." When usually means around here, "I can't believe this." (Or that.)

Am sorry about the plant you lost, sweetie. After my grandmother's passing I've about lost 2 and did lose all my poblanos but 2 poblanos of all things. smh. I mean the guajillo and pasilla are doing well, but how can mole happen without the "poblano tree?" Just over-neglect.

Your plants look amazing, shuga! Esp. like that Douglah cross! But you didn't show any Black Naga :mope:.

I'm having to water every other day now too and pain in butt because I top mist . . . or maybe more than mist first with a little of whatever am feeling like they need, because after some trial and error, lots of error, I've found that the stuff from bottom don't want to suck to top unless top is moist. Usually just to the top, spray Actinovate/Biotamax in mosquito dunk de-chlorinated water, off-gassed outside. Then a version of fish shit, Neptune's Harvest, bottom feed. I use the Alaska outside, once in-ground with molasses between compost teas in veg cycle. Only because I can't stand the smell of that fish shit inside . . . even with fans, cats line-up to go to basement w/me and they'd never touch a fish, broiled, fried, steamed, smoked, raw, sushi, whatever. But the stuff lasts forever and since it's working for you, work it. Just kinda scares me when the other half comes home and says, "Don know why I bought tartar sauce." Hmm.

As you said, please continue listen to YOUR plants as you are doing and they'll tell you what they want. Ya gonna have to hire help to pick pods!

My spoiled brats have gotten used to top spray and bottom feed. Extra work and I just love them for it :liar:. (But not enough to kill them yet :rolleyes: .) I think the poblano issue was the seed. Never sunk. Warm H202 overnight soak and potassium nitrate and never sunk. (Keeping a log.) And while floaters, they germed but . . . croaked. Aside from the 2 . . . Your babies look great and thank you, Pia, for what you have thus far taught me on THP!

Wow glad your babies survived the drought!

I only read back that far, too many glogs and not enough time:(

I came home one day a few weeks ago and it was 94, hot earlier than predicted and they were hurting real bad, dried out, shriveled leaves. But hit em some water and shade and they survived me!

Good luck on your grow.

Scott

Thanks Scott. Its a daily upkeep now. Those darn plants are so spoiled that if I come home from work too late one is all shriveled and half dead. SMH! My real kids act the same dag on way!!!! I am just hoping to keep em alive till plant out. They are much less finicky. Hope you have a killer year too. OH and 94 degrees already??!?!?!?!?!?!!! Sheesh!

Yours plants are looking good Pia. Your definitely ahead of me. Hope they explode with growth from this point onward.

Thanks! its up down round and round. Ya know. Still holding on by a thread. It cant get warm fast enough. I am a nervous Nelly over here till plant out.

Sup Pia? How is everyone this week?

I know I need to do an update. I sat my seedling tray to the side and wouldnt you know, about five more sprouts. I will do one this evening. A video of course. No shitting this time :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Aww . . . shucks, Pia . . . or fish-shits I mean, sticks . . . neh: shits :rofl: . My favorite folks to drop the f-bomb are from Brooklyn. They know how to use an occlusive, by golly! (Just social linguistics and phonetics; and I love it! :D) Around here, the f-bomb is kinda scary, however, because it generally has at least five syllables and means somebody is gettin' ready to kill somebody they love, because "Whut fer y'haunter kill em lessen ya luuv em?" smh

But let us return to fish shit or just shit, or bat shit or ya know, just shit? Or "sheeee-eee-eee-it." When usually means around here, "I can't believe this." (Or that.)

Am sorry about the plant you lost, sweetie. After my grandmother's passing I've about lost 2 and did lose all my poblanos but 2 poblanos of all things. smh. I mean the guajillo and pasilla are doing well, but how can mole happen without the "poblano tree?" Just over-neglect.

Your plants look amazing, shuga! Esp. like that Douglah cross! But you didn't show any Black Naga :mope:.

I'm having to water every other day now too and pain in butt because I top mist . . . or maybe more than mist first with a little of whatever am feeling like they need, because after some trial and error, lots of error, I've found that the stuff from bottom don't want to suck to top unless top is moist. Usually just to the top, spray Actinovate/Biotamax in mosquito dunk de-chlorinated water, off-gassed outside. Then a version of fish shit, Neptune's Harvest, bottom feed. I use the Alaska outside, once in-ground with molasses between compost teas in veg cycle. Only because I can't stand the smell of that fish shit inside . . . even with fans, cats line-up to go to basement w/me and they'd never touch a fish, broiled, fried, steamed, smoked, raw, sushi, whatever. But the stuff lasts forever and since it's working for you, work it. Just kinda scares me when the other half comes home and says, "Don know why I bought tartar sauce." Hmm.

As you said, please continue listen to YOUR plants as you are doing and they'll tell you what they want. Ya gonna have to hire help to pick pods!

My spoiled brats have gotten used to top spray and bottom feed. Extra work and I just love them for it :liar:. (But not enough to kill them yet :rolleyes: .) I think the poblano issue was the seed. Never sunk. Warm H202 overnight soak and potassium nitrate and never sunk. (Keeping a log.) And while floaters, they germed but . . . croaked. Aside from the 2 . . . Your babies look great and thank you, Pia, for what you have thus far taught me on THP!

Annie you have taught me way more than I you. I laughed through your entire post. Sometimes things come out of my mouth and I dont even realize it. I am surprised my girls dont have potty mouths. That 21 year old does out of my presence. I have caught her....... umm hmm :rofl: I am going to do another update and line up the B. Naga's for you my darling. I am going to take a trip to Cross Country Nurseries for some ferts and to look at their stock. Ill see if they have any poblanos. Might pick a few up to at least grow so I can send you the pods if I cant figure out how to send the plant. Ill ask them how they send their plants. I know that soak the dirt and wrap in plastic. Send it out over night. Not right not to have at least one Poblano I mean commmeeee onnnnnnn!!!!!

Edit: I forgot to tell you that the husband does not like the fish shit at all. But happy wife, happy life. He has to deal with it. He tries to complain by saying it smells like a Bronx whore house in the summer with no AC. I cant stand him sometimes :rofl:

Back