• If you need help identifying a pepper, disease, or plant issue, please post in Identification.

Sandgropers Pick of the day

Thanks for posting the pics...love the smiley face. :) Oh my! 300 plants - you are going to be busy. I sure hope my hubby doesn't read this post...he will be wanting to increase his plant numbers (he doesn't enjoy being outdone!). :rofl:

Hell I already conceded that on here, I am gonna lose. Way smarter growers and then ya have people like AJ that grow like 4,000,000 plants :)

Very nice SG. Looking forward to your "pile-o-peppers" pics.

Just looking at that Bhut made me want one of these:

usb-tie-2.jpg

My Primo and Barrackpore 7's are still only 8" tall but from all the pictures I have seen posted by Chris and others, your huge 7 Primo's look a lot like Barrackpores. I thought I remember you said you got your seeds for Moby Dick from Chris? Did he also give you the primo seeds too? All the Primo's I have seen are tiny. I was reluctant to grow the primo this year because it was so small but the cool tail Chris's strain convinced me to give them a try even though they are small. The pod with the missing tag looks a lot like a tree habanero.
Just went and looked at the Primos they came from Chris. The Barrackpores look similar but they have a definate sting on the tail. I will get some pics later.

Wonderful pics Sandgroper. That is what I call art.
Signed Leonardo di Chilliman

nice harvest the missing tage is Tobago Seasoning
Thanks Judy

ohhhh no, too sexy my friend.. too sexy!

Some nice heat you got there today man!
Missing tag looks like my red devil tongue.
I always love your pics!! :lol:

Kevin
Thanks mate

Thanks for posting the pics...love the smiley face. :) Oh my! 300 plants - you are going to be busy. I sure hope my hubby doesn't read this post...he will be wanting to increase his plant numbers (he doesn't enjoy being outdone!). :rofl:

Your welcome Yeah I know I'm going to be busy. last year I had 6000 in the ground but it was only 3 varieties and I reckon that was easier than what Ive got to look forward to this season.

Hell I already conceded that on here, I am gonna lose. Way smarter growers and then ya have people like AJ that grow like 4,000,000 plants :)
And AJ grows em so well too doesnt he.

Very nice pods SG

Thanks
Very nice SG. Looking forward to your "pile-o-peppers" pics.

Not long now
Marc, that yellow jonah looks narly, was it the only pod on the plant???
No Grant the whole plant is yellow, another couple colouring up now, Want some?

Just looking at that Bhut made me want one of these:

usb-tie-2.jpg

Cool
I can't wait until I can post some pics of the harvest. Jealous for sure man.

"Patience Grasshopper Patience"

yes thanks Marc, those yellow Jonahs are sweeeeet :mouthonfire: I've got some of my f3 hybrids just starting to ripen up now
Bhut Jolokia chocolate x 7pot/pod yellow, they're looking like huge caramel coloured Bhuts all about 125mm/5in long
over the last 3 years the colour has stayed the same, the heat also but the size seems to increase :dance:

yes thanks Marc, those yellow Jonahs are sweeeeet :mouthonfire: I've got some of my f3 hybrids just starting to ripen up now
Bhut Jolokia chocolate x 7pot/pod yellow, they're looking like huge caramel coloured Bhuts all about 125mm/5in long
over the last 3 years the colour has stayed the same, the heat also but the size seems to increase :dance:

Cool save me some of them they sound cool. I will save you something of all of my good ones. Will send you a list in a month or so withh all on it 4 u 2 choose from

Good looking chillies you got there Sandgroper.

I too want to see a pic of them, whilst your eating them :mouthonfire:

As for the missing tag one... um... they all look the same to me :confused: ???

Don't get me wrong, I'm not chillist or anything! Some of my best friends are superhots.

Good looking chillies you got there Sandgroper.

I too want to see a pic of them, whilst your eating them :mouthonfire:

As for the missing tag one... um... they all look the same to me :confused: ???

Don't get me wrong, I'm not chillist or anything! Some of my best friends are superhots.

Mate I ate some pieces of the Primo tonight.:mouthonfire: :mouthonfire: :mouthonfire: :hell: :onfire:

Nice flavour though and the heat didnt hit for about 15-20 seconds. I thought hmm nice flavour not as hot as i Aaaaaarrggggg

Nice colorful selection of pods, really like when you get a suprise like that yellow Jonahs. Accidental crosses are just going to happen and mostly you get red pods, nice suprise. Don't expect saved seed to produce peppers that look the same.

Nice colorful selection of pods, really like when you get a suprise like that yellow Jonahs. Accidental crosses are just going to happen and mostly you get red pods, nice suprise. Don't expect saved seed to produce peppers that look the same.

Thanks, I will save as many as possible and share a few around and see what happens over the next few generations. Have you noticed how many types are getting the Brain Strain look, all wrinkly and gnarly. Chillies were mostly smooth until a few short years ago. Have you had any more interesting Xs lately.

Great looking pods, those unknowns look like the Hot Paper Lantern Habs I was buying at the farmers market last year.

Yeah cool I think your right. I ate one and it was warm not superhot bit like a milder red habA lip burn. I just got a torch(flashlight) and we outside into the other garden and studied the tagged Hot paper lanterns and they look pretty similar.. Now just wait for the tagged oes to ripen and taste one to confirn.
Thanks foe that.

Looking very good Marc. Your red thumb is really showing bro! How much longer do you have to go before it's time to call it a season?

Keep up the great work man.

Back