food Sandwich of the Month

texas blues said:
That's what y'all get when you don't post your SOTM up in here.

A guac sammich.

It could have been avoided but nooooooooooooooooo.

Don't blame that monstrosity on us. I made my sammie, it just wasn't leftovers so it isn't in this thread and Jay T did an excellent looking one.
texas blues said:

I ain't too proud to steal stuff from anybody but I made this sheeit up my own 'sef.

True story.

No shit. You don't say. I thought you pulled that out of some gourmet cookbook. :eek:

texas blues said:
You ain't never had a real open face reuben or patty melt?

But of course you have.
Actually, for true - I have never had an open face reuben nor a patty melt. I've had my share of "middles" - burger patty, cheese, and all kinds o' stuff but no bread. And, good gawd a'mighty, who ever even heard of an open face reuben???? You're makin' this sheeite up!  :lol:

texas blues said:
And where in the Sam Hell is YOUR leftover sammich?

Posty up G.
Ok.... I had good intents to post a bahn mi of sorts, but never got around to it. I figure it's about time to rectify that omission. Plus, the jars of hot pickled okra that Lady Sic sent me are cryin' from the fridge that they want to be tried out on a sammich of some sort before I polish the rest of them off. Them's are better than any kimchee, for sure, and hotter, too. So soon!

Sounds good! What was the leftover part, the corned beef?

No, it was the Sriracha. We had to kill that bottle to open a new one. now we have more leftover Sriracha. :rofl:

Yeah, it was the corned beef. We were without a stove for over a week so we were making do with the Crock-pot, microwave, and sandwich bot. We were moving and it was too bloody cold to set up and use the grill.

Yeah that's was obvious wasn't it. :doh:

Actually I was thinking maybe it was fresh and you were cheating. :lol:

Thank you for not posting pineapple guac on a wheat bagel. You know what's funny, that sounds like something PMD would have posted, and TB would have torn him a new one. :rofl:

"What in hael is that? Plah! You some kinda patchouli wearin tree huggin squeezin and pleezin hippie makin pizza bagels?"

:rofl: mmmmm pineapple guac.... Sounds like a good stainless steel polishing compound. Last we heard, PMD was in a quandary over which axe to buy to chop his firewood with. :true effen funny story:

Scovie n' CJ got it damn right on the reubensky. 

For those that ain't had a for realz reuben open faced...

Move out of the stix y'all.

And as per the guac...

Y'all just don't know.

Pineapple in the guac with sriracha goat cheese is a life changer.

texas blues said:
Pineapple in the guac with sriracha goat cheese is a life changer.

Oh we know. It changes you into a hippie. :rofl:

(You left that one wide open)

I made a London Broil the other night that apparently did not go over too well with the missus (chile rubbed), so I am finding creative ways of eating it (also used it in chili).  I started by using some leftover pizza dough to bake some rolls.  Then I slathered on a garlic mustard, sliced up the london broil real thin, topped with marinara, some Red Hawk Peppers Scorpion Sting Extreme (thanks Dan), mozzarella and provolone cheeses, and a shake of oregano.  I know the mustard sounds funny with this one, but it really makes the sandwich pop.  The bread is killer.  If you have never made rolls out of pizza dough give it a try.

100_0296.JPG

100_0298.JPG

100_0299.JPG

100_0300.JPG

100_0301.JPG

100_0302.JPG

Lets put it this way Jay.

I'd stop bein' all hippy n' sheeit for a day just to mouf' fist that 'thang into my piehole!

Outsanding and Shinola x 2!!!

I am getting so confused by this new rating system.  How many Shinolas do I need for a CHingadera or a Chingon?

JayT said:
I am getting so confused by this new rating system.  How many Shinolas do I need for a CHingadera or a Chingon?

The Shinola rating is easy.

There's Shinola and Ain't Shinola.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0NwdcRIOXBc

Ok well how about Chingon and Chingadera?  Like which one is higher on the scale.  If I get three Chingons and a Shinola do I trade them in for a Chingadera?  So much more complicated than HB&R used to be.

Chingon is still in use and literally means "the best" or "the sheeit".

Chingaderra isn't a rating. It never was. How'd you get that? Chingaderra translates as "that thing" or more literally, "that fucking thing".

Okay forget Shinola.

Its too confusing for all y'all city folk.

Chingon!

Well, I had to have gotten Chingaderra from you.  Maybe after you had one too many hoskeys.  Hey, you rate sheeeit however you see fit, I just wanted to know the scale.

Back