food Sandwich of the Month

JayT said:
I made a London Broil...
Wtf, that's a sandwich! My next attempt is just ridicoulous in comparison!

Here my just eat lunch, entirely from remains of yesterday dinner (drunk hot rice, marzolino, pepperoni, onions):

icHAvzlNHClRp.jpg

ibvqK3XSJiwRPQ.jpg

iz1kqjTinHHfA.jpg

Rice was already a leftover yesterday... The nice thing is that rice is still good after 2 days... Ciabatta of course!
Taste was good, some fresh mozz would have been great because it was a bit too dry...

Essi now thats how its done right there!

Ever 'thang about this months sammich is represented perfectly right down to the funky purple rice.

That sammich has it all.

Meat.

Cheese.

Weirdness.

Chingon!

As promised, my final SOTM for the year.  The prime rib sandwich.

Amorosa Italian roll, medium rare herb-crusted prime rib sliced thin, bacon, fatalii puree, horseradish, sea salt, cracked black pepper, and garlic on the meat, topped with aged cheddar, pepperjack, and provolone cheeses.

This is one of my favoritest sandwiches of all.  The only thing I wish is that I had some au jus to dip it in.  Fatalii and horseradish were made for roast beef.  Now I am thinking that maybe next time I make a prime rib I might have to use fatalii powder in the rub/crust.

Look closely and you shall see the rarest of the rare...  leftover bacon!  It was difficult, but I saved some from breakfast to put on the sandwich.  Sorry TB, I had not quinoa or avocado to put on there.

100_0325.JPG

100_0326.JPG

100_0329.JPG

Damn you Jay.

Almost a shame to see that pic when I'm eatin' all hippy n' sheeit.

But if I wernt.

I'd be performing oral chingalingus on that sammich.

Chingalingus!

OOOOPS! Almost forgot to update.

I declare SOTM January to be Pressed.

Any sammich, but pressed with a brick, cast iron, robot, George Foreman, or whatever you got.

If yer' confused go back to the start of this thread and check out the Cuban's.

This one'll be great fun y'all!

You know, I forgot about the pressed sammie idea, but we make them often at my house and  I just did one last night for my son and I happened to get a pic or two before he devoured it.

corn and flour tortilla fried in butter and stuffed with cheese, ground beef, sausage, hot banana peppers and sriracha, then pressed with a smaller pan while it cooked. Perfect snack for a 13year old. He ended up dipping it in chipotle adobo sauce.

20140101_185826.jpg

20140101_185809.jpg

His only comment: sriracha sauce shouldn't be used. He didn't think it went well with the banana peppers and adobo.

You are SOOO BUSTED!!!! But I would maow the sheeeit outta that kaseadeeah lol

From the OP...

Hey y'all. A recent discussion with THP about Cuban sandwich's in another thread has inspired me to begin this thread.

What is a sandwich? According to wiki...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sandwich

I myself shall endeavor to post a Sandwich of the Month for every month.

Some rules.

1 ~ Meet the criteria as linked above according to wiki.

2 ~ True, burgers are sandwiches but as we have other threads devoted to them, we will not include them here in this thread. No burgers.

3 ~ List ingredients and methods of how the sandwich was put together.

4 ~ No matter if it is a classic reuben or tuna salad, include a heat ingredient.

5 ~ Pics are mandatory. Talk is cheap. Show us the money!

6 ~ No tortillas. We have taco threads already, and that also means no stinkin' "wraps".

7 ~ Have fun.

I'll post up my sandwich shortly.

Bon appetit!

Hey, it is the 2nd of the month and somebody had to post something to get us past that mostly oughful December topic. It was the only photo I had on my phone at the minute.

Next time, we'll use bread. :D

Jeff H said:
Hey, it is the 2nd of the month and somebody had to post something to get us past that mostly oughful December topic. It was the only photo I had on my phone at the minute.

Next time, we'll use bread. :D

Its ok, TB doesn't use bread anymore either.

Plah!

You foo's!

Of course I still use bread and have been know'd to make my own, just not that often, and its always 100% whole wheat these days.

I saw Jeff's chingaderra right after he posted it but decided to let it slide because it looked dern' guud.

I also knew y'all would call him out on it soon enough.

I say let his post stand as is that others may jeer and heckle him to no end.  :rofl:

I agree with TB. This is more sandwich than any guac on a bagel chingadera. 

Back