food Sandwich of the Month

[SIZE=14pt]The only thing one needs to know about the hippy rating system is that there is no single hippy rating system. Instead, one must refer to the hippy language system which is, in and of itself, ever evolving as each hippy transcends his or her prior existence as a hippy from day to day. Specifically, total syllable and word count is a significant indicator that eclipses all other indicators. Any utterances that are unintelligible to the most ardent student of the English language must be analyzed as such: utterances of two syllables or more are good; utterances of four or more syllables are nebulous references to some indescribable item; while utterances of single syllables may be good or bad. Multiple words or utterances may or may not be conjoined to achieve the total syllable count.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Consider the following…. “Chingon” is a two-syllable utterance and, therefore, is good. “Shinola” is more than two syllables, so also meets the qualification of something good. “Chingadera”, being four syllables, is clearly a reference to a person, place, or object which has left the hippy blown away. “That’s bad”, while two words, are not conjoined and mean “that’s bad.” On the other hand, “cool” is good, much like the two-syllable “groovy.” “Hot Blue & Righteous” is always conjoined. Since it exceeds four syllables, it is also a nebulous reference to some thing which has left the hippy in another cosmos. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Nevertheless, all of this is in inverse correlation to the quantity of patchouli in use by the hippy at any given moment. [/SIZE]

geeme said:
[SIZE=14pt]The only thing one needs to know about the hippy rating system is that there is no single hippy rating system. Instead, one must refer to the hippy language system which is, in and of itself, ever evolving as each hippy transcends his or her prior existence as a hippy from day to day. Specifically, total syllable and word count is a significant indicator that eclipses all other indicators. Any utterances that are unintelligible to the most ardent student of the English language must be analyzed as such: utterances of two syllables or more are good; utterances of four or more syllables are nebulous references to some indescribable item; while utterances of single syllables may be good or bad. Multiple words or utterances may or may not be conjoined to achieve the total syllable count.[/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Consider the following…. “Chingon” is a two-syllable utterance and, therefore, is good. “Shinola” is more than two syllables, so also meets the qualification of something good. “Chingadera”, being four syllables, is clearly a reference to a person, place, or object which has left the hippy blown away. “That’s bad”, while two words, are not conjoined and mean “that’s bad.” On the other hand, “cool” is good, much like the two-syllable “groovy.” “Hot Blue & Righteous” is always conjoined. Since it exceeds four syllables, it is also a nebulous reference to some thing which has left the hippy in another cosmos. [/SIZE]

[SIZE=14pt]Nevertheless, all of this is in inverse correlation to the quantity of patchouli in use by the hippy at any given moment. [/SIZE]

Good God and Have Mercy!

Whatever 'kine you smoked.....

I WANT IT!

TB doesn't speak hippie he just eats it... he speaks jive with a sprinkling of 70s pimp and a dash of Spanglish; aka Jimpish.

Corned beef. Reuben or not. Plenty o' peeps make corned beef at the start of the year, to go with things like sauerkraut and blackeyed peas. Get yer new years' on!

geeme said:
Corned beef. Reuben or not. Plenty o' peeps make corned beef at the start of the year, to go with things like sauerkraut and blackeyed peas. Get yer new years' on!

We did reuben's before.

However.

Get another THP'r to agree and say AYE, then you Geeme call the ball and set the rules.

I like it.

How about any pressed sandwich. Bot, brick with foil, or CI on top.

The Hot Pepper said:
How about any pressed sandwich. Bot, brick with foil, or CI on top.
Damm straight! I could get behind that. Or next to it. Or even on top of it!

"If I press your sandwich, would you hold it against me?"

We just did a Corned beef and probably won't be doing another one until St. Patrick's day-ish.

Pressed? Or squeezed?  ;)  Works for me. I can still use corned beef if I so choose.

Scoville DeVille said:
"If I squeeze your sandwich, would you hold it against me?"

We just did a Corned beef and probably won't be doing another one until St. Patrick's day-ish.

Dang. I don't wait until some holiday rolls around to do a corned beef. Cooked one just a couple weeks ago, and will cook it again within the next week or so, now that I've found a way that I really like pretty consistently. I can see corned beef becoming one of those go-to's in our house.... Just say
"OH YEAH!"

I am really digging THP's suggestion of pressed/bot/brick 'thang.

But as I said earlier.

If another THP'r agrees with G we'll go with that.

Scovie are you officially down with corn beef?

If so, G, you set the corn beef sammich rules for SOTM January.

Home made, deli bought, bread etc.

Y'all decide and make it clear.

If we go CB for Jan, I say press/bot definitely for Feb.

That would be awesome!

Scoville DeVille said:
My vote?

Corned Beef... NO

Pressed Sandwich... YES

I didna' expect that ern'.

I reckon'd you were leaning with G.

But since you DID second THP's pressed/bot 'thang....

I declare January SOTM to be Pressed/Bot/Brick Sammich. 

Details later in a day or two.

And February SOTM Corned Beef as per Geeme's suggestion.

Done.

I like to be liking it.

And as G suggested it, the Feb SOTM Cornbeef, she shall dictate the rules.

I'd really like more THP'rs to bring the suggestions and govern and set the standards for some of this anyway.

These day's with my hippy diet I am becoming too biased but this thread is deserving of bettern' my own choices and views in the matter.

I love meat, I just don't eat it much no mo'.

Back